PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new TUG!

iwaterskihard
04-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Bit of a sad day for me today! Sold the Outback to a wonderful family who will put it to great use! That machine was a wonderful ride for us for the 3 years we owned it!

Now on to another TUG. Question now is what do I want this time?

We are in the middle of purchasing a lot on a ski lake in a 5 lake skl community. Want a slalom machine with no tower as it won't fit into the boat house that already exists on the property.

Don't believe our next boat will be a Moomba as I sit here speaking now but one never knows????

Will start the hunt and hope we can find something within a reasonable distance of our new upcoming home just south of Houston!

I will gladly stay a contributing guy here if nobody objects that I might have a different ride after we move?????? :cool::lol:

rdlangston13
04-20-2013, 05:15 PM
What waterski community is this?

Sent from my iPhone

ian ashton
04-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Why not order an Outback without a tower?

moombadaze
04-20-2013, 08:37 PM
or just remove the tower, plug the holes up for now, when ya go to sell it unplug the holes and put the tower back on

maxpower220
04-20-2013, 08:59 PM
Based on your posts, I think you would like a Carbon Pro, CC200, or a 197 with ZO. If you compete, you really should be on a boat that will pull you in tournies.

After you look around, you may find the Outback to be just right (for your wallet). Towers fold down. It's a pain, but still faster and easier than trailering.

DOCDRS
04-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Had a 99 outback, now have a 2009 supra 21v. Its the #$^%&& for slalom and barefoot so Im casually looking for a older bu response, sanger or maybe even a little flightcraft to add to the stable. The 21v is awesome but puts out a massive wake even at 42 mph

BensonWdby
04-20-2013, 11:10 PM
If I had the money - my next boat would be a Nautique 200. Nothing against Moomba - just wake characeristics. But since I will probably never have that kind of money - it would probably be a used Outback DD.

PatL
04-21-2013, 08:50 AM
Concur with Benson...Nautique 200 is the current standout for pure slalom wakes. I havent skied behind the Carbon Pro from Centurion but have heard it is very good as well. However, I wouldnt trade my Outback (no tower btw) for either of these boats. Dont think the difference in wake performance is worth cost delta. The Outback has a great wake and the boat is reliable with plenty of space for the family. I dont consider myself a great short line skier but have had looks at the course as deep as 28 off and I think the Outback stacks up against the 197, Response, and previous Nautique wakes pretty well. In the end dont think you could go wrong with Outback, 197, Bu Response, or Nautique 200...Comes down to which one you like the best. For me its the Outback hands down...

iwaterskihard
04-21-2013, 09:53 AM
What waterski community is this?

Sent from my iPhone

We purchased a lot at Ski Texas south on 288 between Alvin & Rosharon.

rdlangston13
04-21-2013, 10:09 AM
We purchased a lot at Ski Texas south on 288 between Alvin & Rosharon.

That is a good ways south! Well welcome to Texas, be sure to head on over to Brazos Bend State Park for a day and check out some awesome wildlife. It's not to far from you.

Mikey
04-21-2013, 10:41 PM
Having actually skied behind a Nautique 200 ,hands down this would be my first choice. now realistically,nothing wrong with Moomba outback,s. But another option to a similar boat and similar pricing would be looking into a new Geckko gtr..... very similar boats,as they share some heritage if you go way back... I see they are back up and running. Just a thought..As for the carbon pro,my last info was that they are outrageously priced??

maxpower220
04-22-2013, 08:12 AM
Check Ball of Spray forum. Lots of excellent skiers over there. Carbon Pro seems to be the choice of long line15 off to 35 off for wakes. For shortline, the 200 seems to be the choice. Prices I have seen put the Carbon about $12K less than the 200. The 200 seems to be the most expensive ski boat out there. But I have never owned a CC because they are alway (in my experience) more then Bu, MC and of course Moomba.

Mikey
04-22-2013, 09:15 PM
Well i stand corrected on the pricing. Sorry Bad info??

jmvotto
04-22-2013, 10:34 PM
If you don't go sc, and older nautique 196 lays down a flat arse wake, depending on budget, the new 200 are sweet but cc pricey...