PDA

View Full Version : new outback v owner

shinknasty
01-02-2006, 10:09 PM
I have a 2006 outback v this will be my first boat I ever owned is there anything I should know or be aware of before I take it out for the first time

Buttafewcoe
01-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Don't forget to install the bilge drain plug!!!

B

qb12
01-03-2006, 03:28 PM
As Ed G. would say, don't forget the beer.

Just go thru your owners manual. If this is your 1st inboard boat, please not that when backing off trailer it will handle completly different from a IO or outboard.

Doug

smokedog2
01-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Uh, where is your dealer? I've boated for years and still took a training tour.

Perfect pass needed a tweak I would not have even noticed for some time.

Where are you, maybe you can meet one of us someplace before you hurt yourself, or worse yet the boat
:p

SD2

KarMobLSV06
01-23-2006, 04:58 PM
I agree with SD2.

Your dealer or someone experienced with the boat should go out with you for the maiden voyage. As I understand it there are break in items you should be aware of., as well as showing you how all your options etc. operate appropriately.

If no one is available, your dealer should be you just spent a boat load of money with him, I would know the owners manual by heart before I went out.

Hope you enjoy your new boat.

KarMobLSV06
01-23-2006, 04:58 PM
I agree with SD2.

Your dealer or someone experienced with the boat should go out with you for the maiden voyage. As I understand it there are break in items you should be aware of., as well as showing you how all your options etc. operate appropriately.

If no one is available, your dealer should be you just spent a boat load of money with him, I would know the owners manual by heart before I went out.

Hope you enjoy your new boat.

lanceswake
01-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Hey nice boat dude! Everybody is right, read the owners manual for the boat & the one for the engine. Also the golden rule is never start it out of the water. I'm sure you may have done this already, but back it in your garage and pop a cold one and just dig in and around the boat so you can check out every crack & crevice.

LSV04
01-25-2006, 11:25 PM
Yes-get a tour - I was so excited I tried reverse and everything is different in reverse.I saw the red light go on near the throttle and panicked-I shut her off and then went through the manual for a couple of hours-its part of the fun anyway-its your new bible.
Have fun

smokedog2
01-26-2006, 01:03 AM
yea, and jam the throttle down so she cuts to neutral. That will get the blood flowing.

SD2

AL02REDMOBLSV
01-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Where are you located? I am sure that if somebody is near you, they would gladly offer to go for a ride. I know I jump at any chance to be on the water whether I am boarding or just cruising.

Dave A
01-27-2006, 03:32 PM
Make sure you always put the wheel chocks on the downhill side of the wheel. Just a little common sense thing that when an excited new boat owner isn't paying attention, could leave your boat in your neighbors yard 10 feet from a retaining wall. Not that that has ever happened to me. Thank god the ground was wet and the front wheel on the trailer dug in.