PDA

View Full Version : 05 Mobius LSV Upgrade to Gravity Games Ballast

radryan
12-28-2005, 03:40 PM
Okay maybe Brian Raymond can help out here. First, I want to know if it is possible to retro fit a 05 Mobius LSV (single stock bag only) with the Gravity Games three bag system, including the console switches. If possible I am looking for the parts list and prices. Finally, an estimate of the cost and on the difficulty of DIY on the whole project.

In my thinking on this I have reasoned that this may be possible and not too difficult to pull off. Correct me if I am wrong but if you have the stock bag then you have all of the plumbing needed from the intake to the solenoids to add the additional 2 rear bags. You would only need to buy the bags, the solenoids, the plumbing from the solenoids to the bags and then the bags to the outlet. Add the pumps to empty the bags, the GG electronic panel, and wiring harness and you might be good to go.

Make sense to anyone else? Bryan??

Jon
12-28-2005, 05:28 PM
You are correct in your thinking. If you have the stock center ballast wired to the dash, you already have half the components needed. You will need two more solenoids, the 3 switch panel, new wiring harness, tubing, exit pumps, some hardware, and of course bags. Make sure you have thru-hulls already installed for pumping out.

To me, the hardest thing would be to cut a place into your deck for the 3 switch panel. Everything else is just connecting the wiring harness, running tubing, connecting solenoids, and hooking it up. I would get a quote from your dealer and see how much he charges for the install. It may not be too bad and you will know that the job is done right. Plus the dealer will know exactly what parts you will need to order.

05mobiusxlv
12-29-2005, 01:38 AM
I have the GravityIII Bags now. If you are interested in buying the 2 rear factory bags from me, e-mail me at [email protected]. They have been used 1 season. No leaks, i have not had any problems with them. I have an XLV, and i want to get some bigger bags. I have allready upgraded and sold the front factroy bag. So now if I can find a buyer for the rear bags, I can upgraded them as well. I have pictures, i think they are estimated @ 277LBS. each.

radryan
01-10-2006, 05:55 PM
I have contacted Anthony at Skiers choice about this and he immediately responded. He has provided my dealer with the parts list and when I talked to Anthony he indicated that with the correct parts you can indeed retro fit the additional two bags. I am going to get in touch with my dealer and see what it is going to take to get this job done.

AZ_Calling
01-10-2006, 07:10 PM
I am also intrested in performing this upgrade myself. Can you post the list when you get it from the dealer? Is there a reason the part list was sent directly to the dealer and not you?

radryan
01-25-2006, 08:01 PM
I got the list from my dealer. In response to the question before they sent the list to the dealer because I mentioned my dealer name when I sent my request into Skiers Choice(I assume they want to make sure to support any dealer that is involved with a customer).

As a package the parts quote was close to $1200. That’s right $1200 for all of the parts, they did not price them out individually. Take notes all new buyers since the option is $650 from the factory it really pays to get it at the factory and not try to get this added on after the fact. They also mentioned that it would take some doing to install the components possibly 6 hours or more. The key item that was mentioned is that the floor needed to be removed (I would like to know if this is just for the plumbing or electrical to be run or some bigger reason).

I will not scan the parts list in here. (but you can PM me if you need more details like part numbers and such).

Here is a brief break down on the parts needed:

2 quick loc fittings male Black
4 quick loc fittings male grey
6 elbow qwik-loc fittings female
35 FT 3/4" ballast hose black
2 pumps 700 GPH w/Deutsch connecter (anybody know who is the manufacturer(I think rule see nuts below) and what model these are?)
2 outlets
16 clamps various types
2 bags 16x16x30
2 plugs
3 elbow fittings
2 nuts(Rule pumps)
3 brackets
1 3 position ballast harness
1 Ballast switch panel harness
2 value solenoid ballast high flow large valve
4 fittings
1 manifold ballast
xx number of screws

radryan
01-31-2006, 06:54 PM
For those looking for after makert parts:

Link to what I think is the ballast empty pump(need to make sure that this comes with the Duetsch connecter):

http://www.rule-industries.com/prodInfoApp/servlet/DisplayItemDetail?itemId=203F&catalogId=Marine&cat egoryId=RMLVA&typeId=RFSMC

The Bags come from Barefoot International but you can find them here:

http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/wakeboard_boat_ballast_bags/fly_high_v_drive_sac_W701

Still need the solenoids I do not have any info on those yet.

mtvfiremedic
02-04-2006, 04:49 AM
hope you havent started or bought anything yet....
I have an 03 LSV-- and last summer i did a full upgrade to my ballast..it worked fantastic all summer(like 2-3 days a week) and was pretty easy to install myself.. (did not need to remove floor... but would have made it a little easier if floor wasnt there...

I used Jabsco Ballast Puppy Impeller Reversible pumps(1 for each sac) they come (or used to and now i think you have to purchase separately for pre wired switches - they say fill/off/empty) and are lighted...
some 3/4 " flexible corrugated tubing(black and clear/grey at the boat store- so you can see water running through... and wont collapse w/ suction--) some "whale one way valves)(black about 4 inches long- rubber 1 way $15 each - need 6...

1 1 inch brass through hull (under the boat - looks like you pick up for the cooling system -)

Works like this - pumps mount to the back of the back seat( 2 on the left side and one on the right (on the floor in the rear comp toward the front...

hardest part(i had this done at the shop) - 6 (yes 6) Thru hull exits - i did black to match the bilge but i am switching to chrome mushroom this yr - these are for the water exits 2 for each sac - 1 is for "relief pressure(overfill and air release) the other is for emptying.. --dont worry - it looks just fine - put 3 on each side same height as bilge exit...

Pumps draw water in from under the boat - into manfold hooked to 1 inch hard spa hose manifold is green plastic 1 inch in three 3/4 inch outlets ( dont forget 1/4 turn brass shutoff for emegency water shutoff incase blown hose - shut water before manifold- hook directly to brass elbow coming into bottom of boat(make sure hole is where you can reach it by reaching over the back seat and into engine comp w/o burning arm on oil filter(it gets hot - trust me) anyways... manifold - got it at home depot in the sprinkler dept) (dont forget end cap - it can be extended indef-ie more sacs /pumps - like i am going to add for my WAKESURF BACKSEAT 600 LB SAC)
3/4 HOSE FROM THERE ( OSH - 3/4 BARBED PVC- DARK GREY) TO PVC "T"..OK FOLLOW THIS... THE T IS WHERE THE 'EXIT LINE GOES TO ... STRAIGHT THRU TO THE PUMP - RIGHT TURN TO EXIT -- WATER WILL BE DRAWN TO PUMP ..THIS IS WHERE THE 1 WAY VALVES COME INTO PLAY... NEED TO PREVENT "AIR" FROM GETTING SUCKED IN FROM EXIT HOSE-- SINCE ONE PUMP WILL BE GOING 2 DIRECTIONS- (THE OTHER SYSTEM HAS 2 PUMPS ONE IN ONE OUT).... YOU'LL NEED INLINE 1 WAY VALVES TO PREVENT AIR FROM COMMING INTO THE PUMP THIS CAN BE PUT RIGHT NEXT TO THE EXIT HOLE(EASIER...AND ALSO PREVENTS WATER FROM THE OUTSIDE SITTING IN HOSE.... SO---- WATER GOES THRU T INTO PUMP INTO MORE 3/4 INCH LINE (ATTACHED TO PUMP W/ 3/4 BARBED PVC W/ FEMALE(PUMPS HAVE MALE OUTLETS) INTO SACS.... SAC FILLS.. WHEN FULL WATER RELIEVES PRESSURE FROM OTHER HOLE THAT HAS HOSE TO EXIT HOLE(MINE ON DRIVERS SIDE SO I CAN SEE WHEN SPITTING WATER AND CAN SHUT OFF.. ) THIS ALSO NEED ONE WAY NEXT TO EXIT HOLE FOR SAME REASON... . PUMPS ARE INTRINSICALLY SAFE(IE ENGINE COMPT SAFE- ARE IMPELLER PUMPS AND WORK GREAT... COST ME ABOUT $1000 TOTAL W/ MATERIALS... AND $100 SHOP LABOR FOR DRILLING HOLES--- 3 SWITCHES..NEXT TO DRIVER SEAT(UNDER THROTTLE) CONTROL EACH SAC.. MIDDLE SAC- 400LB TUBE SAC... ( YOU CAN GET "TRIANGLE TAPERED SACS MADE- FITS HOLE BETTER BUT PRICY...) THEN 2 375 SQUARE SACS IN EACH REAR COMP..NOT A WHOLE LOTTA ROOM LEFT WHEN FULL BUT TONS WHEN EMPTY(TRAVEL) ENOUGH FOR VESTS AND HELMETS/ GLOVES ETC) EVERYTHING ELSE UNDER SEATS..THEN I HAVE 600 LB "PORTABLE SAC" THAT COMES OUT AND RUNS OFF ONE OF THE PUMPS THAT I PUT A T W/ A 1/4 TURN PVC VALVE IN.. THAT SITS ON FLOOR (PULL BACKSEAT FORWARD) AND IS FOR SURFING AT THE END OF THE DAY-- OR IF JUST A COUPLE GUYS OUT... THEN EXPTR BALLAST FOR HUGE WAKEBOARD WAKES... ALSO RECOMMEND WAKE PLATE-- I PUT ON LAST SUMMER-WHAT A DIFFERENCE.. OUTA THE HOLE AND SHAPING... ANOTHER TO ADD... MORE WEIGHT UP FRONT TO BALANCE AND SINK.. I'M LEANING TOWARDS 4 50 LB LEAD WEIGHTS THAT HAVE HANDLES.. TO MOVE THEM AROUND-- RUBBBER COATED.. AND ARE EASY TO MOVE TO BALANCE UNDER BOW SEATS..

HOPE THIS IS COMPREHENSIBLE--- WASNT TOO HARD.. ALSO PERFECT PASS IS A DEFINITE MUST WITH ALL THAT WEIGHT..

GOOD LUCK...