PDA

View Full Version : Action Cam Input?

HaveyOutback
04-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Moomba Owners:

I am trying to complete my review of either a GoPro Hero3 or Contour+ camera addition for our water adventures this year. I am curious if anyone has attempted to mount either of these cameras to your tower for recording skiing - wake boarding etc?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

PS- April 9th and they're talking shovelable snow here in Minneapolis :(

wolfeman131
04-09-2013, 04:23 PM
harvey,

do a quick search as there are several threads discussing gopros

tarheelskier
04-09-2013, 05:07 PM
check out this thread for more info: https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?21661-GoPro

EricU
04-09-2013, 09:18 PM
...I am trying to complete my review of either a GoPro Hero3 or Contour+ camera addition for our water adventures this year. I am curious if anyone has attempted to mount either of these cameras to your tower for recording skiing - wake boarding etc?

I bought a Hero2 last year and tried to mount it on the tower and the rear grab bar, the fish eye lens has the wakeboarder too small.

This year I am mounting a camcorder on the tower and using the Hero2 mounted to the front of the wakeboard.

It is still cold here in NorCal, barely getting up to 80 tomorrow and dipping back into the 70s this weekend...now where's my hoodie???

jmb
04-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Moomba Owners:

I am trying to complete my review of either a GoPro Hero3 or Contour+ camera addition for our water adventures this year. I am curious if anyone has attempted to mount either of these cameras to your tower for recording skiing - wake boarding etc?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Go to youtube and type "jack beams" look for the dark pic of me and click on that. You will see a waterski and wakeboard video then you can decide

jmb
04-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Go to youtube and type "jack beams" look for the dark pic of me and click on that. You will see a waterski and wakeboard video then you can decide

Mine is a GoPro Silver by the way

davlow06
04-17-2013, 11:18 AM
I haven't ever used the Contour, but have had a GoPro, GoPro2, and now have the new GoPro Hero 3 Black, and can say they are amazing cameras. EricU is right on target about it not being so good mounted on the tower, because this camera, and most action cameras that are waterproof don't have zoom lens on them, and what you are taking video of is too far away. They are best used for POV and close up shots, and best mounted on the user or the user's equipment. Like ON the wakeboard, surfboard, bike, etc.