PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Air Exhaust Group Buy

mmandley
04-08-2013, 11:28 AM
Did you miss the last group buy?
Have you been on the fence about getting a FAE?

Nows the time to do it.

Fresh Air Exhaust is offering a group buy from now till 4/24/13
We only need 3 more people
Discount is $50.00 off the normal price.

I know your thinking, i have a new boat, its quieter then my last one and i have catalytic converters so it burns cleaner.

Your absolutely correct up to the point of your families safety from exhaust fumes and the dangers of them. The catalytic converter is emissions based, not safety based, so you are still breathing all those harmful chemicals from your boats engine when you are surfing behind the boat.

Just recently out on my 2013 Mojo with the new 350 surf engine and catalytic converters i could smell my boats exhaust, i was even getting a little dizzy from it.

With the FAE it puts the exhaust deep under the boat and it is washed away in the rooster tail created by your prop. This way it exits the water behind your riders.

The FAE doesn't effect the boats performance in any way, shape or form. I ran one last year on my LSV all summer and noticed no difference at all in boat handling or performance.

I am ordering one for the Mojo this is why we only need 3 more to make this happen.

Post here that you are in, then message me your first and last name, i will forward that to FAE so you can place your order.

http://www.freshairexhaust.com/ Read up on it
http://freshairexhaust.us/ Fill in the blanks to get your personal price, then subtract $50.00

wolfeman131
04-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Just recently out on my 2013 Mojo with the new 350 surf engine and catalytic converters i could smell my boats exhaust, i was even getting a little dizzy from it.

Really?

We logged over 100 hrs on our Mojo last year, almost all of it on a surfboard, and never once had an issue.

mmandley
04-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Really?

We logged over 100 hrs on our Mojo last year, almost all of it on a surfboard, and never once had an issue.

I swear to the man above bro, I was surprised at it also, IDK maybe its the colder temps here but i could smell it just the same as on my LSV.

Originally i told Claudia lets wait on ordering the FAE till we run the boat and make sure we need it. Then last week Sunday on 4/1/13 we were out and i could smell it.

wolfeman131
04-08-2013, 11:37 AM
I think you had yourself a big Mexican dinner the night before and it was a different kind of gas making you dizzy.

mmandley
04-08-2013, 11:41 AM
I think you had yourself a big Mexican dinner the night before and it was a different kind of gas making you dizzy.

HAHAHA funny you mention this,

I actually plan my dinner the night before boating.
I am careful of what i eat the day of boating because i hate to have to use the rest rooms at the lake for anything other then a standing ovation.

wolfeman131
04-08-2013, 12:06 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e352/350D2006/Web%20Stuff/too-much-information.jpg

mmandley
04-08-2013, 12:10 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e352/350D2006/Web%20Stuff/too-much-information.jpg

You started poking into the realm of TMI, i just lead you down the path bro.

parrothd
04-08-2013, 02:06 PM
I had a few people get sick last year surfing so I'm in...

pickle311
04-08-2013, 02:57 PM
If I wasn't in the middle of buying a house, I'd be all over this.

bbuhtz
04-08-2013, 03:18 PM
I'm in this go around.

sandm
04-08-2013, 06:56 PM
I thought the whole point of the cats was to clean up the co2.

parrothd
04-08-2013, 07:29 PM
It reduces carbon monoxide, but doesn't eliminate it..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

mmandley
04-08-2013, 08:32 PM
If I wasn't in the middle of buying a house, I'd be all over this.

Let me know when you can buy and ill see what i can do for you with FAE.

As for the Catalytic Converter.
It takes Carbon Monoxide, highly dangerous to people and converts it to Carbon Dioxide, but its not 100% efficient.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalytic_converter

The main point is, if you can smell it, or you get random headaches after being behind the boat, or you feel dizzy after being behind the boat then you should look into getting an FAE setup.

KEH
04-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Hey Folks
I added the FAE last year after two seasons without. I spend most of my time surfing and have never really had any issues with exhaust smell, headaches, etc before I added the system. The biggest difference I noticed was how quiet the FAE has made my boat. You really get a better sensation of surfing without the the exhaust noise. You can actually chat with folks in the boat while surfing and can finally appreciate all the money you have spent on that stereo upgrade.

Cheers

KG's Supra24
04-11-2013, 12:04 AM
^ this is why the FAE is always on the back of my mind. My boat is pretty loud when surfing. Just haven't been able to justify the price in my mind :cool:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mmandley
04-11-2013, 09:08 AM
^ this is why the FAE is always on the back of my mind. My boat is pretty loud when surfing. Just haven't been able to justify the price in my mind :cool:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

i thought the same thing man. I was like, i can just deal with the headach lol.

The strange thing is once it was installed and i can cruise across the lake and hear the water splashing off my boat, talk to people without yelling, man its truly upped my boating experience.

On the Mojo the cats quite down the exhaust and give it a deep grumble, a lot more pleasing then my LSV but IDK there is something soothing to me about the sound the water makes splashing off the boat while cruising. Almost like when you lay in the bow, drinking a beer, listening to the water hit the hull after a good day of boarding.

You still get a nice growl from the boat its just much lower.
Yes the stereo does sound even louder with an FAE on lol.

kaneboats
04-11-2013, 09:50 AM
I have to remove my platform every time I come home so that really prevents me from thinking about it. Maybe if they developed a quick change one that unlocks and pops off with the platform?

parrothd
04-11-2013, 11:09 AM
I have to remove my platform every time I come home so that really prevents me from thinking about it. Maybe if they developed a quick change one that unlocks and pops off with the platform?

How about we trade boats, my LSV would fit perfectly in your garage with the platform and FAE on... :)

chadjitsu1
04-11-2013, 11:32 AM
How does this thing plug into the exhaust of the boat? I'm looking at it and I dont understand how it stays on the exhaust ports. Do you have any pictures of this install. Its a little pricey too, 450.00. Its just a couple of pipes with rubber couplings?

kaneboats
04-11-2013, 11:46 AM
How about we trade boats, my LSV would fit perfectly in your garage with the platform and FAE on... :)

Sure thing. Meet me tomorrow and bring your checkbook and your boat.

Salyers
04-11-2013, 02:41 PM
I am in for an FAE for my Mojo!

parrothd
04-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Sure thing. Meet me tomorrow and bring your checkbook and your boat.

I just finished installing the 5 port heater so we should be close to even trade... :p

mmandley
04-11-2013, 04:49 PM

I remove my platform also, it has a quick release option. The two rodes that hold the FAE to the plarform have cotter keys to remove them.

Chad, it uses a metal ring that goes into the exhaust flang, and then you use hose clamps supplied in the kit.
You remove the rubber flapers that are on the exhaust now.

This is how it looks installed.

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/DSC_0108.jpg (http://s639.photobucket.com/user/mmandley/media/DSC_0108.jpg.html)

This is where you can see the quick release pins.
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/DSC_0106.jpg (http://s639.photobucket.com/user/mmandley/media/DSC_0106.jpg.html)
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/DSC_0105.jpg (http://s639.photobucket.com/user/mmandley/media/DSC_0105.jpg.html)

mmandley
04-11-2013, 04:51 PM
I am in for an FAE for my Mojo!

Sweet you make the last one needed.

Now ill just wait a bit and see if anyone else wants in.

Also i better get mine all measures because me and you are the first Mojo owners so I'll be taking the measurements off mine they need to make them lol.

Send me a PM with your first and last name so i can email them to FAE so they know your on the group buy.

pickle311
04-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Let me know when you can buy and ill see what i can do for you with FAE.

Next year, I also get the misfortune of paying an additional $2,500 in taxes this week.

mmandley
04-16-2013, 12:52 PM
One more week to get your requests in.

We have enough already for the group buy.

Just want to see if anyone else wants in.

parrothd
04-16-2013, 01:47 PM
One more week to get your requests in.

We have enough already for the group buy.

Just want to see if anyone else wants in.

Whats the build/ship time for these? Or are they in stock?

millerda68
04-16-2013, 03:45 PM
I am in for the group buy. Just let me know what is needed by when and where.

mmandley
04-16-2013, 11:43 PM
I am in for the group buy. Just let me know what is needed by when and where.

Awesome

parrothd normally they stock them and you get it within a week or so.

Mojo is the only one i know they don't stock, they are waiting on me to measure, thats on my TO DO list tomorrow.

As for the rest i will email all the names to FAE tomorrow and PM you back to place your orders so you don't have to wait.

Millerda68 ill contact you about the FAE info and the window tinter

millerda68
04-17-2013, 02:40 PM
What is the thought on the flapper for the FAE? My initial thought was it is not needed, but thought I would get others impressions.

mmandley
04-17-2013, 03:04 PM
What is the thought on the flapper for the FAE? My initial thought was it is not needed, but thought I would get others impressions.

Are you referring to a flapper on the exhaust outlet of the FAE? I wouldn't worry about it since you trailer your boat. If anything might be something if your boat is in the water all the time to keep lake critters out of it.

EricU
04-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Did you miss the last group buy?
Have you been on the fence about getting a FAE?

Nows the time to do it.

Fresh Air Exhaust is offering a group buy from now till 4/24/13
We only need 3 more people
Discount is $50.00 off the normal price.

Post here that you are in, then message me your first and last name, i will forward that to FAE so you can place your order.

http://www.freshairexhaust.com/ Read up on it
http://freshairexhaust.us/ Fill in the blanks to get your personal price, then subtract $50.00

Is this still on? If so, I'm in.

mmandley
04-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Is this still on? If so, I'm in.

Yes it is, ok ill submit your name right now. Ill PM you the contact info.

mmandley
04-17-2013, 04:28 PM
I submitted the email to FAE with all the names in the thread interested.

Please contact FAE and place your orders, mention you are on the Moomba Group buy.

I PMed everyone with the contact Info.

parrothd
04-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Done, this is the "Last" thing I'm buying this season.... :rolleyes:

kaneboats
04-17-2013, 10:16 PM
Yea, but what if there is a shoe sale????????????

parrothd
04-17-2013, 10:43 PM
Not married and she buys her own shoes!

mmandley
04-18-2013, 06:32 PM
Great news guys, I was trying to get the group buy discount increased to 75. FAE said they cant do that right now but they will go 60.

SO now its 60 off. I know its not a lit but its better then it was.

millerda68
04-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Thanks Mike!

parrothd
04-18-2013, 09:19 PM
Thanks for setting this up.. :)

millerda68
04-19-2013, 12:48 PM
FYI, they are shifting from the black option to a Brushed Stainless Steel finish. I ordered mine today and will be receiving the stainless finish. It is not as shiny as the electro finish, but no paint to chip or scratch. Should ship out in the next week to two weeks. Worked with Larry on the phone.

mmandley
04-19-2013, 01:52 PM
FYI, they are shifting from the black option to a Brushed Stainless Steel finish. I ordered mine today and will be receiving the stainless finish. It is not as shiny as the electro finish, but no paint to chip or scratch. Should ship out in the next week to two weeks. Worked with Larry on the phone.

Awesome i knew they were going to this but didn't want to post it as i hadn't heard the official time.

bbuhtz
04-19-2013, 02:23 PM
Yeah thanks for getting this going... I've needed to get one for awhile as my GF really gets the headaches while we boat which is probably why she doesn't do much surfing or wakeboarding. I'm looking forward to getting her back there more.

bergermaister
04-19-2013, 02:45 PM
I'm looking forward to getting her back there more.

Uhhh.................. boating, yes, we're still talking about boating.

bbuhtz
04-19-2013, 03:47 PM
Hah... she knows not to go there... I'm not buying FAE for myself...! for the boat Berg... the boat.