PDA

View Full Version : In Bow System

C.Hern5972
04-05-2013, 05:55 PM
What bags are you guys using? Where are you getting them? What pumps are you using as well?

Im looking to put the in bow system in my mojo and was curious where yall were getting the set up.

lewisb13
04-05-2013, 08:23 PM
I have the wake makers bag in my bow. Fly high pro x series integrated bow sack.

C.Hern5972
04-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Thanks Brad. Did you do the install on yours?

wolfeman131
04-05-2013, 08:56 PM
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=19314

jmvotto
04-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Check Drew's thread on Mojo IBS

LOL great minds think alike.....

C.Hern5972
04-17-2013, 08:30 AM
this?
http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-mastercraft-x2-bow-sac.html

or this?
http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-integrated-bow-sac.html

lewisb13
04-17-2013, 09:41 AM
this?
http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-mastercraft-x2-bow-sac.html

or this?

The second one. Im going to install mine this weekend. You want me to do a how-to or something? Its the same between the mojo and the LSV.

wolfeman131
04-17-2013, 10:00 AM
Yes, 2nd one:

I posted up a how-to for the Mojo. Only thing I'd change is using a spring-activated check valve from Home Depot or Lowes vs the one from wakemakers. The wakemakers one is too good and creates a vacum in the center hard tank so that it won't empty.

rdlangston13
04-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Why do you need a check valve on the tank?

Sent from my iPhone

jpetty3023
04-17-2013, 02:29 PM
hey wolfey could I get the IBS bag and just use my tsunami pump to fill and drain instead of running a bunch of new lines and what not?

sent from my home phone

mmandley
04-17-2013, 02:37 PM
hey wolfey could I get the IBS bag and just use my tsunami pump to fill and drain instead of running a bunch of new lines and what not?

sent from my home phone

I'm not Wolfey lol

Yes you can do that but its not an easy bag to install and remove all the time. It has to be folded and stuffed into the bow.

but yes you can use a hand pump for filling and draining.

lewisb13
04-17-2013, 02:43 PM
He's talking about the check valve on the vent line. Spencer at wake makers really talked me out of one so we will see how it goes. The thought is that eventually you will just sick air and the ibs won't empty

jpetty3023
04-17-2013, 02:46 PM
no sir your not but in post #8 wolfey posted a pic of the bag. once I lay it in thou I wouldn't have to take in and out would I? couldn't ya just hook the pump up and fill then at end if day hook the pump back up to drain? then just leave in place once it's emptied?

sent from my home phone

E4NASH
04-17-2013, 02:58 PM
no sir your not but in post #8 wolfey posted a pic of the bag. once I lay it in thou I wouldn't have to take in and out would I? couldn't ya just hook the pump up and fill then at end if day hook the pump back up to drain? then just leave in place once it's emptied?

sent from my home phone

Yep! Getcha one! Everyone's doin it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmandley
04-17-2013, 03:01 PM

sent from my home phone

Absolutely, just make sure at the end of your season, or in your case, maybe every couple months you pull it out and make sure nothing is growing under it LOL.

tnbrooks01
04-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Absolutely, just make sure at the end of your season, or in your case, maybe every couple months you pull it out and make sure nothing is growing under it LOL.

Would you have to empty both legs separately with no check valve installed?

mmandley
04-17-2013, 04:38 PM

If you use a hand style pump then you should be able to suck it all down as long as you can keep the pump primed.
You wont get all the water out with a hand held pump but you will get it pretty close.

When you integrate it to the onboard boat pumps you will want a check valve on the vent line to keep from sucking in air

snyderaaron
04-17-2013, 06:58 PM
One thing i did cause I am worried about not getting one side drained, is getting a new valve for my bag so i can get the other side.

kaneboats
04-17-2013, 10:21 PM
If you use a hand style pump then you should be able to suck it all down as long as you can keep the pump primed.

I know there's a mom joke in there somewhere. Just can't get my hands around it.

TeamLockhart
04-18-2013, 01:13 AM
Chris just ordered 650 IBS and comes in on the 24th will let you know how install works out!

jpetty3023
04-18-2013, 07:26 AM
are you doing a full ballast line job or you gonna use a pump TeamLockhart

sent from my home phone

moombadaze
04-18-2013, 07:51 AM
Why do you need a check valve on the tank?

Sent from my iPhone--you dont need one if your not running a ibs

He's talking about the check valve on the vent line. Spencer at wake makers really talked me out of one so we will see how it goes. The thought is that eventually you will just sick air and the ibs won't empty

the vent line does not need a check valve, but, if you install a a ibs off the hard tank vent you run a tee fitting prior to the ibs with a spring loaded check valve on the end of hose, this way the ibs sucks down like a raisin and the hard tank is allowed to vent and drain fully. fully automatic for both and works wonderfully

no, both legs on mine empty 100%, hardly a drop of water in the ibs.

rdlangston13
04-18-2013, 08:53 AM
Ahhhh I see! That makes sense

Sent from my iPhone

wolfeman131
04-18-2013, 09:15 AM
just to clarify, daze does have a check valve in his. it's cheap, so I'd put one in as I don't know if you could get the IBS to drain completely without it and only having one fill/drain port.

rca
04-18-2013, 11:39 AM

Why did Spencer talk you out of the check valve? Hard tank related?

rdlangston13
04-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Why did Spencer talk you out of the check valve? Hard tank related?

I dont think you need the check valve if you are running just the hard tank, it would only be beneficial if you t off of it like drew and daze did

wolfeman131
04-18-2013, 07:45 PM
I dont think you need the check valve if you are running just the hard tank, it would only be beneficial if you t off of it like drew and daze did

Correct. The check valve is only needed if you have the IBS and the cheaper, spring loaded ones from the big box hardware stores seem to work best.

muehlcj
04-18-2013, 07:48 PM
Yes, 2nd one:

I posted up a how-to for the Mojo. Only thing I'd change is using a spring-activated check valve from Home Depot or Lowes vs the one from wakemakers. The wakemakers one is too good and creates a vacum in the center hard tank so that it won't empty.

Do you mean like this?
http://www.lowes.com/pd_104423-33599-P32S+1_4294700945%2B4294821425__?productId=3354606&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar%7C1&facetInfo=Check valve

yooper
06-18-2013, 04:28 PM
This is how I am planning on adding an IBS to my Mojo. With this setup, I wouldn't need a check valve at all, correct? Is there anything stupid that I am overlooking?

http://i39.tinypic.com/auck1d.jpg

lewisb13
06-18-2013, 04:46 PM
How you gonna get the water out of the LEFT side of the ibs? Once the right side is empty youre gonna suck air through the vent line.

yooper
06-18-2013, 05:18 PM
Good point.... I was thinking that the entire IBS would essentially gravity drain down into the hard tank. I'm imagining the fill/empty hose from the hard tank entering the IBS right leg via the bottom fitting. When emptying, the water gets sucked out of the hard tank first. It couldn't suck air until that tank was empty, right?

wolfeman131
06-18-2013, 06:53 PM
Try it and see what happens. Worst case is you end up ordering a check valve.

lewisb13
06-18-2013, 08:19 PM
Try it and see what happens. Worst case is you end up ordering a check valve.

X2 they tried to get me to not order a check valve but I had most of the stuff at the house to do it right so I did.

NateHaskovec
06-19-2013, 02:07 AM
To Yooper

The entire system (both ibs and tank) will be full. The suction on the hard tank will cause the water at the highest point to be pulled first. It will pull the water out of the ibs until it sucks it flat. The check valve on the vent from the ibs (check valve #1) will cause the bag to completely flatten. Once the bag collapses, it will be sucking on the tank only. This will draw a vaccum on the tank. This is why the check valve on the tank vent will help you (check valve #2) will break the vacuum and allow air in to the tank so it can drain without collapsing.

You can tee the vent with a check valve on the tank and vent. Just make sure the vent on the tank allows flow in and the thru hull vent allows flow out.

If you don't want to tee it, you can just put a spring check on the vent port from the hard tank. Then vent the ibs through the hull with its own check valve.

yooper
07-10-2013, 09:50 PM
Just installed my Integrated bow sack tonight. I installed it just like the diagram I posted, but I did add a check valve to the vent line.

If I like the way that helps the bag empty completely, I may add check valves to both rear vents.

Is there a disadvantage to adding check valves to the vent lines?

jmvotto
07-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Nope it helps drain them flat.