PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NW Yearly Moomba / Supra Camping Trip

mmandley
04-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Its getting to that time again for the Yearly NW Moomba camping trip.

I have done this 4 years in a row now.

10 was at Green Peter and was a big hit.
11 was at LBC but was late in the year
12 was at Green Peter again.

This year id like to try and get more people, some have said July isnt working for them.

My proposed Date as normal is

The weekend of July 20th / 21st.

Whitcomb doesnt let you book more then 4 months out.

My second proposed date is

August 17th / 18th

Let me know what Dates work better for you.

July at Whitcomb is looking sketchy at best as they have no Saturday checkins open. They have Friday or Sunday yuck. LOL We might be moving this to a new location.

If you have sugestions for new locations im open to ideas.

KT Mobius
04-04-2013, 03:35 PM
After looking at my calendar I will be at LBC July 20, so I vote for July 20 at LBC.

bergermaister
04-04-2013, 05:36 PM
What is / where is Whitcomb?

mmandley
04-04-2013, 05:38 PM
What is / where is Whitcomb?

Thats the camp ground at Green Peter.

millerda68
04-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Never been to LBC. Whitcomb was fun last year, but the ramp/doc area is a bit sketchy with everyone trying to get in/out. I voted for July, but really should be able to make either date work.

beat taco
04-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Prineville August. Only way I make the July date is if you come to Shasta.

bergermaister
04-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Can't cast an honest vote either way.

I could MAYBE squeeze just a day trip to either one, July 20 or August 17.
Either one would be a long ass haul for just a day though.

jester
04-04-2013, 06:06 PM
I have to say for once both dates work for me right now. I think I hit my head a little too hard this morning for this to happen. Also how much does a group site cost? That would put us not that far from the water at Green peter and would give us more room and not have to really fight on if the boat will fit in our camping spots. Just an idea.

I also have a place for a new location but I really do not know if i want everyone to know about it. Down side is there is no docks so someone has to stay on shore or swim for the boat.

mmandley
04-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Mike we should talk about the group thing. On the site i think it said 200 per day up to 100 people and 25 tables. Not sure anyone wants to pay that. Even with last years group your talking almost double the cost per day

Jake, i will look into Pineville.

Derek LBS is pretty awesome but honestly i wont goto LBC unless its at 3 Rivers on the Property we stay at. We always do a couple 4 day weekends there too.

I would consider the August trip at LBC but i dont get my dates for the property till June normally and thats planning pretty late.

We can still have a weekend up at LBC just might need to plan that as a small group LOL

We are always in the Matolius arm.

beat taco
04-05-2013, 01:18 AM
Mike we should talk about the group thing. On the site i think it said 200 per day up to 100 people and 25 tables. Not sure anyone wants to pay that. Even with last years group your talking almost double the cost per day

Jake, i will look into Pineville.

Derek LBS is pretty awesome but honestly i wont goto LBC unless its at 3 Rivers on the Property we stay at. We always do a couple 4 day weekends there too.

I would consider the August trip at LBC but i dont get my dates for the property till June normally and thats planning pretty late.

We can still have a weekend up at LBC just might need to plan that as a small group LOL

We are always in the Matolius arm.

Better come to LBC Memorial Day and 4th of July. We have a stereo contest brewing!

If you guys want butter lets go to Prineville. Too early for you Berg? Aren't you going around the same time?

Also we could do a day run to Yale Lake or something like that. (Northfork, Merwin, etc. as long as its not Haag lol!)
In June desperate from the NW trip.

zabooda
04-05-2013, 03:19 AM
Prineville on August 17 and 18 is an great possibility for me as I will be heading that way to pick up a Jeep in Bend and ferrying it to the Oregon Dunes on Monday. I'll have my Jeep and dirt bikes in tow and I can throw the tent and slalom in the trailer. I'd be unable to bring the '98 but unless the theme was "Boat of Ages" I don't think it would fit in very well.

mmandley
04-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Its looking more and more like August just not sure on the location. I need to call a couple places do a little research. Last year we didnt book till May and had a nice place and we all were together, this year its April and its not looking so good LOL.

mmandley
05-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Reserecting this i have not forgot about it. Just got stalled.

Im looking at August since that's when the most said they are available.

Camp reservation isnt working correctly, i will check later and see if i can get a site reserved and see about vacancies.

I'm planning on Reserving Friday 8/16/13 through Tuesday 8/20/13

bergermaister
05-29-2013, 12:35 PM
Location???

mmandley
05-29-2013, 12:44 PM
Location???

I didnt want to say till i got a reservation to work but its looking like Green Peter again, it has the best overall atmosphere and location. All the campsites are near, the water is near, ramp is excellent, not being a Holiday should keep crowds down. Ohh yea and they allow Dogs..

mmandley
05-30-2013, 12:59 PM
OK got the reservation set up, the site is working.

Here is the Reservation Link. http://www.linnparks.com/pages/parks/whitcombcreek.html
3/4 down the page on the right is the link.

I posted my reservation and details to help you.
Select Camper and then 21ft
Also when selecting a space when you click the green dot it will tell you how deep the parking is.

Site - 14 , Basic , No Hookups Reserved 08/16/2013 2:30PM 08/20/2013 2:00PM

Unit Type Unit Length Tow Vehicle Length Unit Width Slide Outs Amp Service
Travel Trailer 21 feet 8 feet (std w/o slides) 0 None

Please post as you make your reservations so i can keep track of how many are going

millerda68
05-30-2013, 01:43 PM
We have space #15. Will Arrive on Friday and depart on Sunday.

newty
05-30-2013, 02:10 PM
We'll be in Prineville that weekend. Already have reservations. We'll be there for labor day weekend too.

Sent from my iPhone 5... ya right!

newty
05-30-2013, 02:12 PM
Better come to LBC Memorial Day and 4th of July. We have a stereo contest brewing!

If you guys want butter lets go to Prineville. Too early for you Berg? Aren't you going around the same time?

Also we could do a day run to Yale Lake or something like that. (Northfork, Merwin, etc. as long as its not Haag lol!)
In June desperate from the NW trip.

May be in LBC for the 4th. What's the scoop on the stereo comp?

mmandley
05-30-2013, 02:13 PM
We'll be in Prineville that weekend. Already have reservations. We'll be there for labor day weekend too.

At Prineville? We are normally at LBC on Labor Day weekend

newty
05-30-2013, 02:33 PM
At Prineville? We are normally at LBC on Labor Day weekend

I'll wave!

mmandley
05-30-2013, 02:40 PM
I'll wave!

HAHA just dont throw anything at us LOL. We normally hang out at the Matolious Arm

beat taco
05-30-2013, 02:44 PM
May be in LBC for the 4th. What's the scoop on the stereo comp?

Look for the black and green boat as well as my blue supra, we will be at the three rivers beach.
Last weekend while up the Metoliuos arm a homeowner was incensed with our stereo while floating down river towards the no wake buoy, he did a lot of yelling and called the cops. This will be the new location of our competition, Everyone is encouraged to attend!

mmandley
05-30-2013, 02:47 PM
Look for the black and green boat as well as my blue supra, we will be at the three rivers beach.
Last weekend while up the Metoliuos arm a homeowner was incensed with our stereo while floating down river towards the no wake buoy, he did a lot of yelling and called the cops. This will be the new location of our competition, Everyone is encouraged to attend!

HAHA that sounds like where we hang out too, but one of the home owners on the mountian? Dang, I have never had that problem and trust me, i play it loud LOL

beat taco
05-30-2013, 03:05 PM
HAHA that sounds like where we hang out too, but one of the home owners on the mountian? Dang, I have never had that problem and trust me, i play it loud LOL

We were past perry south by the houses on the river, not three rivers lol.

newty
05-30-2013, 03:22 PM

Definitely will find you guys... or just listen for me...lol

bergermaister
05-30-2013, 03:55 PM
Clearly you guys need to plan your trips around my calendar better...

July 3-7 we'll be several hours east enjoying miles of untouched butter
July 11-14 we'll be in CA
July 21-26 I'll be camping in the dirt in the middle of no where with a bunch of cub scouts
Aug 8-11 we'll be on a reservoir up north
Aug 20-27 we'll be in Prineville.

No plans for Labor day yet, but since I'll be limping home broke and hungover the Tuesday prior we may not be going anywhere for the long weekend.

If we could pull it off for Green Peter it would be just a day trip, a long ass day trip, on the 17th.

rdlangston13
05-31-2013, 07:52 AM
Reserecting this i have not forgot about it. Just got stalled.

Im looking at August since that's when the most said they are available.

Camp reservation isnt working correctly, i will check later and see if i can get a site reserved and see about vacancies.

I'm planning on Reserving Friday 8/16/13 through Tuesday 8/20/13

two rocking trips in a row for you man! you are going to be partied out!

mmandley
05-31-2013, 11:49 AM
two rocking trips in a row for you man! you are going to be partied out!

Yea and then Labor Day weekend we will be at LBC for 4 days and Sept 14th we tow the boat to AZ for the wedding and a week long trip on Powell with the house boat.

Going Big in the Summer like always LOL

bergermaister
08-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Curious what the confirmed count is up to - this is only a few weeks away!

mmandley
08-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Curious what the confirmed count is up to - this is only a few weeks away!

1 less then last year, this isnt no Texas Jam LOL.

Confirmed at the camp site
My Mojo
Millerda LSV
Streetch XLV

Jester not camping but said he will be showing up, not sure if its with a boat.
Al Cab was looking into hotels for Mrs Cab last i heard.

bergermaister
08-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Toying with a roadtrip for the day Saturday. Will let you know either way.

jester
08-12-2013, 12:59 PM
I know we are slackers. I am trying to show up Sunday late morning. Ski Patrol camping trip is the same weekend and it trumps you. Not really but several members are looking forward to learning to wakeboard.

cab13367
08-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Sorry fellas, we decided to go to Shasta instead. Have never been there, and we have to be out of the house for 5 days due to having our wood floors refinished, so we figured it's a good time to go to Shasta. Have fun!

bergermaister
08-15-2013, 01:12 PM
We are a no-go. Too close to another trip (leaving Tue) and I have some repair, upgrades, and a hell of a lot of prep work that needs to happen on the weekend.

I would throw out a suggestion for next year to be earlier in the year - possibly at different location.

newty
08-15-2013, 01:22 PM
I would throw out a suggestion for next year to be earlier in the year - possibly at different location.
What he said...

newty
08-15-2013, 01:24 PM
I know I could get 4-5 boats if it were up here further.

mmandley
08-15-2013, 02:48 PM
I know I could get 4-5 boats if it were up here further.

Feel free to get with me next year for ideas, id love to have more boats in the mix. I moved it to this time frame because people wanted to in August over July.

I dont pick anything sooner then July due to weather and rain.