PDA

View Full Version : Any Big Plans This Year?

kaneboats
04-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Well, it's April now and the season is kicking in for many of us. So, what are your plans for this boating year? Any big events coming up? Or small but important (to you) get togethers, vacations, etc.? Where are you going this year? Why are you looking forward to it? What does your Moomba (or Supra) future hold this year?

chawk610
04-02-2013, 10:25 AM
The jam in August is the biggest so far. Other than that, every weekend we get out is big to us :)

rdlangston13
04-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Texas Jam!

Sent from my iPhone

jfox8807
04-02-2013, 10:56 AM
In the plans to go down to blue lake in fl. I'm no parks bonifay but I think it would be cool to go out there and ride where the pros do.

Has anyone ever went down there?

KG's Supra24
04-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Hoping to have the boat parked in the backyard this summer. Between work busy season and trying to remodel a whole house I don't see the end in site yet, though.

Still holding out some hope on making it to the Texas jam boatless.

chawk610
04-02-2013, 11:28 AM
There will be plenty of boats with plenty of room on them I am sure.

kaneboats
04-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Just don't be seen in a DD or you'll never live it down.

mmandley
04-02-2013, 11:38 AM
May AWS Demo Days with our boat as the Dealer surf boat for a day

June 40th B Day party on the boat

July Annual NW Moomba Jam <setting it up and booking it soon>
July Wake the World Oregon 2nd annual

August Lake Billy Chinook 4 day weekend
August Texas Moomba Jam

Sept Lake Billy Chinook 4 day weekend

Sept 20 Getting Married in AZ
Sept 22-27 Lake Powel with a house boat and Bestia for a week with who ever wants to go

Oct end of season

chawk610
04-02-2013, 11:43 AM

hmmm..interesting comment, I will try and remember that.

wolff supra21v
04-02-2013, 11:46 AM
We are trying to get a group together to go the bull shoals. When we get a date set i will post it on here.
That lake is great i does not matter how many boats are there you still find great water.

Also We are working on KyleFest for this year (a big free ride in southern IL 45 minutes from saint louis) looks like it is going to be somewhere around Aug 24th.

Cody
04-02-2013, 12:08 PM
April - GCWA Roundup Wakeboarding Weekend @ Bethy Creek
June - Road tripping to Boston
July - Floating the river
August - Moomba/Supra Texas Jam
September - House Boat Trip

sybrmike
04-02-2013, 12:29 PM

If you can handle the shame, there's always room on my Saltare - plannin' on the TX Jam again.

Huauling up to Inks Lake on Labor Day to tow 10 post-prom teenagers. Tiny lake + holiday traffic + teenagers - your prayers are appreciated.

rdlangston13
04-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Oh yeah, wake the world Houston in June at Bethy Creek!

I thought this was boat related but I guess now so here is the rest.

River Trip with Cody and friends in July
New house in July/August
Getting married in November!!

Sent from my iPhone

moombadaze
04-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Lake Martin, Alabama in July.

out of vacation at that point so it will be boating on our local small arse lake

kaneboats
04-02-2013, 03:21 PM
Gotta throw in one Flint River weekend-- or at least one day at Lake Weir.

bergermaister
04-02-2013, 03:24 PM
July Annual NW Moomba Jam <setting it up and booking it soon>

Any further/tentative details available? I will be gone more in July than home at this point already but would really like to make it if even for just a day trip.

I'll take whatever I can from now though June with our crapshoot weather.

July 3-7 - Boardman Glass
July 11-14 - San Diego
July ?? - Kids bday parties on the water
July 21-26 - Scout Camp

August 8-11 - Mossyrock
August 20-27 - Prineville Glass

September - Same weather comment above.

We did not get a good hard freeze this year so I'm wondering how bad the mosquito population will be. That could be a real limiting factor.

beat taco
04-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Do it at LBC 4th of July since I will be there anyways. I will miss it if its around the 20-27 like last year. That's my Shasta trip.

bergermaister
04-02-2013, 04:08 PM
Jake - any chance you're going to be at LBC around Aug 20-27?

If so you ought to load up and take the hour ride over to Prineville for the day. Big multi family campout, kids ages ranging from 10-20s. Waterfront sites, enough beer to fill a swimming pool, good eats, lots of boarding, skiing, surfing/surfbowl, bass fishing at the marina, tubing in the afternoon when the wind picks up, etc. I'm trying to talk Russ into coming down if he could swing it.

EricU
04-02-2013, 04:23 PM
I live in NorCal and we don't have the best lakes around for skiing/boarding, but we usually do a week at Clearlake, want to add a week at Bullard's Bar (Awesome Water for boarding!!!).

My wife wants to take the kids down South for a week at Disneyland in early August!!! WTF!!! In the middle of BOARDING SEASON!!!!!!

We live about 20 minutes from Lake Berryessa which is our weekend haunt, but due to a large contract and our lovely Fed/State government, we aren't sure if it will be open or not this summer!!!

And I think I am the only Moomba owner in NorCal????

jpetty3023
04-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Oh yeah, wake the world Houston in June at Bethy Creek!

I thought this was boat related but I guess now so here is the rest.

River Trip with Cody and friends in July
New house in July/August
Getting married in November!!

Sent from my iPhone

which river y'all floating D?

sent from my home phone

jpetty3023
04-02-2013, 06:01 PM
at this point in just hoping to get on the lake sometime before October. have 3 weekends booked already for weekend camping trips. TX Jam if things come together the way they NEED to

sent from my home phone

beat taco
04-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Jake - any chance you're going to be at LBC around Aug 20-27?

If so you ought to load up and take the hour ride over to Prineville for the day. Big multi family campout, kids ages ranging from 10-20s. Waterfront sites, enough beer to fill a swimming pool, good eats, lots of boarding, skiing, surfing/surfbowl, bass fishing at the marina, tubing in the afternoon when the wind picks up, etc. I'm trying to talk Russ into coming down if he could swing it.

I will check the football schedule and see. I will be at LBC first weekend in August as well. And Memorial Day.

moombadaze
04-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Gotta throw in one Flint River weekend-- or at least one day at Lake Weir.hopefull both

SEARK
04-02-2013, 07:46 PM

You try'n to offend us DD owners? :)

Bombguy
04-02-2013, 08:27 PM
Taking the new Mojo on her maiden voyage this weekend. Hope the wife and daughter can brave the cold waters of Smith lake to ride the wake or have a surf.

moombadaze
04-03-2013, 07:32 AM
Taking the new Mojo on her maiden voyage this weekend. Hope the wife and daughter can brave the cold waters of Smith lake to ride the wake or have a surf.

pics or it didnt happen:o

Cody
04-03-2013, 10:09 AM
which river y'all floating D?

sent from my home phone

We're floating the Guadalupe.

jpetty3023
04-03-2013, 10:33 AM
good deal Cody. where y'all gonna get in at

sent from my home phone

E4NASH
04-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Georgia Moomba/Supra Jam...Date TBD...Location Lake Lanier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaneboats
04-03-2013, 11:02 AM
You try'n to offend us DD owners? :)

Nope. Just bustin' Casey's chops. LOL! :cool:

Cody
04-03-2013, 11:17 AM
good deal Cody. where y'all gonna get in at

sent from my home phone

We normally stay close to a place called Mountain Breeze. They haul us up and we float back down to that place - no can ban there.

iwaterskihard
04-03-2013, 02:23 PM
My plan is to do a whole lot more waterskiing in Texas! I'm down here again right now. My ski has been down here all winter and I have been able to use it a few times.

Oh ya BLESS MY SWEET WIFE for suggestng to me that I should just leave one down here and keep one at home with me so I don't have to travel with it everywhere I go! :) Any of you that lucky???? LOL

Bombguy
04-03-2013, 04:13 PM
pics or it didnt happen:o

Oh there will be pics, maybe even some video.

motosno963
04-03-2013, 06:08 PM
new sound system from exile..and if i have spare money carpet and seat covers...my buddys girlfriend can sow so it wont cost me an arm and a leg to get my seats done( i cut and messure, she sows them together )

rdlangston13
04-03-2013, 09:34 PM
We did not get a good hard freeze this year so I'm wondering how bad the mosquito population will be. That could be a real limiting factor.

Did you really just list this as a legit concern????? Mosquitos are the South Texas state bird!

Sent from my iPhone

wolfeman131
04-03-2013, 10:03 PM
new sound system from exile..and if i have spare money carpet and seat covers...my buddys girlfriend can sow so it wont cost me an arm and a leg to get my seats done( i cut and messure, she sows them together )

Dude, google the word "sow". Your buddy may not like you using that word in the same sentence you mention his girlfriend.

Mikey
04-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Weekends as soon as Water thaws ,up here. Hoping to Join a small Ski club or at least partake in the use of there facilities.

We are planning on hitting Orlando for a couple weeks again this summer middle two weeks of August and plan on getting as many sets as i can in at one of the many ski schools down there.ALL DD's or it didn't happen......Also doing the Disney and Tourist thing as well.

bergermaister
04-03-2013, 11:55 PM
Did you really just list this as a legit concern????? Mosquitos are the South Texas state bird!

Funny - I think I've heard that before.

Only mention it from a memory of 3 yrs ago - similar weather setup. Out on the water for what was supposed to be a great weekend and had to abandon camp within 45 minutes of starting to setup. Counted roughly 34 bites on one leg between the foot and knee the next day. My poor kids looked like they had chicken pox...

motosno963
04-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Dude, google the word "sow". Your buddy may not like you using that word in the same sentence you mention his girlfriend.

lol stupid phone...sew*

New Guy
04-04-2013, 12:26 PM
at this point in just hoping to get on the lake sometime before October. have 3 weekends booked already for weekend camping trips. TX Jam if things come together the way they NEED to

sent from my home phone

I feel your pain we have 10 weddings including my own from now until fall. Uggh

mmandley
04-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Oh ya BLESS MY SWEET WIFE for suggestng to me that I should just leave one down here and keep one at home with me so I don't have to travel with it everywhere I go! :) Any of you that lucky???? LOL

This gets me in trouble sometimes,

This year with the new boat.

Me- Honey we are doing 4 XM9s on the tower it will be awesome
Brain - Bro, 6 XM9s is the new Loud just do it.
Claudia - Brain says 6 is better DOO EEETTTT i want the loudest boat on the lake.
Me- we are the loudest on our lake
Brian- dude she says louder lets do 6 XM9s
Me- bro another set of XM9s and another amp? <feeling my wallet crying>

Claudia- and i quote " Malo i dont care what it costs, i want BIG Stereo "

This is why i keep her LOL She always talks me into what im not quite positive about.
New Boat - Do it
New Stereo - Do it
Evolution Cover - Do it
Trip to Texas Jam - Do it

This does how ever come at a cost,

For her birthday in March she asked for 1 simple thing.. Her Own Custom Soul Craft Board.
It should arrive in the next couple weeks as the art work is done. I will post some pics, its Completly SICK looking and has a price to match LOL Its a Día de Muertos design of hers and Chelsi

kaneboats
04-04-2013, 02:30 PM
I feel your pain we have 10 weddings including my own from now until fall. Uggh

You have too many friends.

New Guy
04-05-2013, 09:04 AM
5 of them are family. 1 is a groomsman in my wedding and the rest I would like to skip lol.

rdlangston13
04-05-2013, 09:48 AM
This year I only have one wedding to go to. Mine! I may be headed to Heidi's cousins wedding if I'm off work

Sent from my iPhone

kaneboats
04-05-2013, 11:20 AM
You definitely pass through an age from about 23-33 where weddings are real common. I haven't been to one in over 5 years. Next round will be coming though. That second batch are the scary ones not the fun ones from when you are younger.

wolfeman131
04-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Especially if you need a shotgun!

bergermaister
04-07-2013, 01:22 AM
Much more fun to attend the wedding that you're not paying for... :cool:

Cigars n scotch
04-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Our big plans are a move out of the crap-state of New Jersey and into a wonderful FREE STATE called South Carolina. We're moving this summer and will be relocating in the Fort Mill area right next to Lake Wylie. Very exciting for us. My company is transferring me to a satellite office in Charlotte, NC which is awesome because I keep my Northeast salary in a region with a much cheaper cost of living. So the next few months is going to be hectic!! I'm hoping to get the boat ready by first week of May and get in at least 2.5 months of riding in before we leave for SC and then have to endure the unpacking and all that jazz.

We'll unfortunately have to find new riding friends as we're leaving behind an awesome core group of friends that we've been riding with and getting together with for darn near 9 years now. Finding a third is going to be challenging. Our daughter is only 19 months old. But there's so MANY benefits of us moving!

We're really excited and looking for to being down there and meeting new people. So that's our big plans for this year/season...

I've been absent from this site for a few months now because work has been real hectic and we've been working on all of the relocation aspects. Hoping to find more time to visit the site more and keep in know on what's happening here.

wolfeman131
04-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Man, that's great as your cost of living should decrease about 20%. Heck, you can BUY some new friends!

kaneboats
04-10-2013, 01:30 PM
I'm available for the right price.

Congrats on the move SOUTH!

chadjitsu1
04-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Is this THE "Cigars and Scotch" O&A Fan?

Our big plans are a move out of the crap-state of New Jersey and into a wonderful FREE STATE called South Carolina. We're moving this summer and will be relocating in the Fort Mill area right next to Lake Wylie. Very exciting for us. My company is transferring me to a satellite office in Charlotte, NC which is awesome because I keep my Northeast salary in a region with a much cheaper cost of living. So the next few months is going to be hectic!! I'm hoping to get the boat ready by first week of May and get in at least 2.5 months of riding in before we leave for SC and then have to endure the unpacking and all that jazz.

We'll unfortunately have to find new riding friends as we're leaving behind an awesome core group of friends that we've been riding with and getting together with for darn near 9 years now. Finding a third is going to be challenging. Our daughter is only 19 months old. But there's so MANY benefits of us moving!

We're really excited and looking for to being down there and meeting new people. So that's our big plans for this year/season...

I've been absent from this site for a few months now because work has been real hectic and we've been working on all of the relocation aspects. Hoping to find more time to visit the site more and keep in know on what's happening here.

Cigars n scotch
04-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Is this THE "Cigars and Scotch" O&A Fan?

Everyone asks and no, two of my favorite things are cigars and scotch and I just came up with the name, not knowing of the O&A guy.

Thanks everyone we are pumped!

jsly04XLV
04-12-2013, 12:44 PM
You'll love it down here. I made a similar move 5 yrs ago now... Southern California to SC. The cost of living change is so amazing especially when transferring on the company's dime and keeping the pay (actually raised). The current lifestyle was all thanks to that move. Hit me up when you get into the area and I can introduce you around.