PDA

View Full Version : Wetsound amps worth it?

redmondson
03-30-2013, 08:06 PM
I'm in the market for two new 4 channel amps are wet-sound truly worth the money or what else would you guys recommend.
6 6.5 kickers
4 memphis mm62
and 10 sub (haven't purchased this yet)
Thanks in advance!

MLA
03-30-2013, 08:22 PM
Yes, the Wet Sounds amps are everything they say they are. They offer 3 lines and all are built from the ground up as a marine amp. The HT line and SD line are super efficient Class-D and the original Syn line is still very efficient as compared to old-school class-a/b. The HT and SD lines are sealed, small and pack lots of power for their size and price category. With the 3 lines, you get great flexibility.

Something else worth looking into. Kicker is just about to release a brand new line of full-range Class-D marine amps. A 5 chnl, 4 chnl and 2 chnl. Heres some pics of the KXM-400.4 and a pair of KXM-800.5. Look for these to be available real soon. This setup is in a promo boat thats about to hit the water in a couple of weeks.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797442

Your sub selection needs to play into the amp choice, so keep that in mind.

redmondson
03-30-2013, 11:48 PM
Trying to decide if they are truly worth the amount of money.

beat taco
03-31-2013, 01:07 AM
Which ones and how much?

sandm
03-31-2013, 04:50 PM
the new kicker stuff looks like it'll offer some stellar performance for a little less coin. bet it'll be a big seller for them..

I'd seriously consider this line over wetsounds for the price per $$

Clamcakes
04-02-2013, 08:46 PM
I'm running the Kicker IX series on my inboats and sub. Very happy with these amps. I crank them and have yet to have them shut down or seriously drain my battery.

C.Hern5972
04-02-2013, 09:15 PM
To me they are worth it..

Now kicker is coming out with a few new amps as well. Also dont leave the jl amps out. Im running JL in my boat and they are pretty sick

E4NASH
04-02-2013, 10:10 PM
I think they are worth it...I've had Kicker and now Wetsounds and they are definitely worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhowell
04-03-2013, 12:16 AM
Arc Audio - Basically the same amps as wetsounds for less money. These are better than my Exile amps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sandm
04-03-2013, 08:31 AM
I'm running arc and in listening to david from earmark, they are some similar designs, but the wetsounds units go the extra mile to make them water resistant for a marine environment where arc does not.

EarmarkMarine
04-03-2013, 09:40 AM
That's true. There is a difference related to marine. The Arc Audio KS series (a very solid amplifier) has the heat sink on the interior and is dependent on fan cooling. This means there is a constant flow of moist air flowing over a raw circuit board. It's not a concern in automotive but a long term corrosion consideration in marine. The Wetsounds Syn series shares this design although the Wetsounds has a conformal coating to protect the board. For this reason I recommend the Wetsounds amplifiers.
On another note, it is easy to test the true amplifier power if you have a large enough power supply. And, we have 200 amps of power supply on our bench backed up by two group 31 AGMs. You might be surprised to discover how many name brand amplifiers do not come close to their factory power ratings. The Wetsounds amplifiers have consistently tested as honest.
Also, the Syn and SD series are designed in this country by Robert Zeff. That has become extrememly rare. Most mobile electronics companies are simply importers, accepting what Asia feeds them with little understanding as to what is in the chassis.

David