PDA

View Full Version : 2009 21v Supra Launch?

tgoody14
03-26-2013, 12:15 PM
A friend of mine has this boat and he knows I'm in the market. He wants $43500 for the boat and it has 145 hours on it! It has been babied and wiped down after every outing. Even I have wiped this boat down many times, so I know he has taken good care of it. He put a new Bimini Top and new rub rails on it this winter.

My concerns are:

I don't really like the graphics on the back and I wonder if it will leave a noticeable mark if I remove them, being that they have been on there for 4 years now?

I really love the Moomba line and I wasn't really planning on spending 43k, but if I did I would get a leftover 2012 LSV for under 50k. So I guess my question is, would this Supra be worth the money or should I just go with the 2012 LSV if I can't find a nice used one near by!?

We would mainly Lounge around, surf, wakeboard, and pull the girls on tubes with this boat, in that order....

Thanks in Advance,
Taylor

mmandley
03-26-2013, 12:46 PM
+ of the Supra is generally more options and a different fit finish on the interior. The 9 had the cushions that hang over a bit and to me makes the interior look a bit smaller. I really love the Supra line though.

When i Surfed a Supra Lunch i personally felt the wave was a bit tall and not long enough. This can be dialed in better but compared to the LSV i think the LSV has the better out of the box wave for surfing.

Wake board wave should be hands down better on the Launch due to everything i have herd from people who ride both boats, the Launch is known for its wake board wave.

As for the lettering stickers, yes you could remove them but i think you will get some ghosting effect. Even when i removed them on my white section of the 08 in 10 i could see ghosting. Little compound and buffing it came right out.

As for the price, sounds pretty fair on a Supra, depending on the options. I really think you cant go wrong with it or a 12 LSV. Its mostly in the options from one boat to the other and slightly different waves. Nothing night and day drastic though

sandm
03-26-2013, 12:56 PM
agreeing with mike.. from what I have read, the 21v is the best wakeboat supra had in the lineup until the sa model, but it was not a very solid wakesurf boat. I would not have any hesitations about the graphics as a detail shop and some colorsanding will make the boat look new. I'd more be asking the questions on what's important. the lsv is an overall solid performer in every category where the 21v is noted as a stellar wakeboat. your priorities will dictate what you should buy.

kaneboats
03-26-2013, 12:59 PM
Hey, what's your friend's number? I'd like to give him a call and ask him a few questions about the boat.

KG's Supra24
03-26-2013, 01:12 PM
If you have been in both then you have an idea of the different "feel" of the finishes. I'm not sure how the interior room compares on the two boats but I believe they are similar lengths?

The surf is workable but the 21v isn't a known for its surfing, it's more known for its wakeboard wake, which up until the SA was skiers choice cleanest wake.

Does the Supra have the vision system? It has the Z5 which I'm a huge fan of .. dual axle trailer, colored hull, etc ... items it would probably be hard to get on a leftover 12.

I bet the stickers would come off without leaving much of a mark. If it did it could be buffed like Mike mentioned. I pulled my graphics in 09 on an 06, black boat.

mmandley
03-26-2013, 01:27 PM
If you have been in both then you have an idea of the different "feel" of the finishes. I'm not sure how the interior room compares on the two boats but I believe they are similar lengths?

Yup they are the same length. The Supra cabin feels slightly smaller because of the cushion over hang but your only talking a couple inches.

The material they use in the Supra is much nicer IMO then the LSV. It has more texture and i also like the way all the corners are done. They are a little more squared off and to me looks more pleasing.

tgoody14
03-26-2013, 02:22 PM
Great write up Mike. Really good Info. So the Supra would be an "ok" wave for a bunch of Beginners (with the right placement of bags)???

Sandm - Yea we really love to wakeboard, but get tired fast and end up surfing. If we surfed behind my 04 Outback, I'm sure either the Supra OR the LSV will be a noticeable upgrade. Noted, we are by no means experts at anything other than having a good time out there.

Kane - I don't think so man... You trying to steal my potential "NEW TO ME" boat!?!?! haha

KG - I'm not sure what the "vision system" is...?... But, Yea it definitely has more of a "luxury" feel to the inside. And yes the leftover 2012 selections are getting slimmer and slimmer by the day here in Texas and the ones not getting picked are getting more and more unattractive... haha

Thanks for the very informative replies guys!!!

wolfeman131
03-26-2013, 02:28 PM
That's the lowest priced '09 Launch I can find on the ole' interweb. Don't tell your friend that you (or kane) are about to steal his boat.

Guys all gave you great info above.

KG's Supra24
03-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Vision is the screen in the dash. It will be much more functional than standard perfect pass. It will have multiple rider presets, including ballast also, i think. Supra will also have an automatic wakeplate that adjusts once you are on plane to conserve fuel.

I thought I had a picture of the 21v surf wave but I can't seem to find it. It is definitely surfable, though.

tgoody14
03-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Thanks Wolf and KG!

I know he would be selling it to me for what he bought it for a year and a half ago. If I remember right he got it off a guy in the off season who was in a bit of a sticky financial situation and needed the money.

Thanks Again to all you guys will all this info! It is greatly appreciated!!!

jpetty3023
03-26-2013, 04:30 PM
let us know when you sign the deal and put her in for a solash

sent from my home phone

tgoody14
03-26-2013, 05:32 PM
He said it doesn't have the Vision System, it's the Perfect Pass, and that something must be clogged in the front ballast because only the rear bags fill up when he turns his ballast system on!

I'm hoping you ballast experts could reassure me this is an easy fix...?...

mmandley
03-26-2013, 05:38 PM
He said it doesn't have the Vision System, it's the Perfect Pass, and that something must be clogged in the front ballast because only the rear bags fill up when he turns his ballast system on!

I'm hoping you ballast experts could reassure me this is an easy fix...?...

Pretty simple, hit the center fill .. Pump on no water then a clog. No Pump? Look under the dash for the fuses or the circuit breaker.

Also if you have a Pump Runs, no water, might be a bad impeller in the pump.

Those should be standard jabsco style reversible.

At the very worst, a bad pump your only 150ish and its an easy replacement.

tgoody14
03-26-2013, 05:40 PM
Niiiiiiiice! I knew you guys were good for something 😜
Thanks Mike!
You guys may end up talking me into this! Did he give you guys commission.... :/

jmvotto
03-26-2013, 10:00 PM
Supra all the way, nice looking boat. All good advice on here.

blackout_58
03-26-2013, 10:13 PM

This is what the Vision System would look like for your refefrence. hope this helps

bzubke1
03-27-2013, 01:14 AM
The lsv has a better surf wake and the 21v has a better wakeboard wake. It's just hard to get the 21v to lean over to one side, it definetely takes more weight to get a nice wave out of the 21v than the LSV. With the LSV it was super simple, 750 in the corner full and the ski locker 400 full and it was always a great wave. With the same set up on the 21v it is barely leaning to the weighted side, it's surfable but another 3 people or 400 pounds on the surf side makes it real nice. Being that it's hard to get the 21v to lean to once side it has a very stable wakeboard wake, and in my experience with the 21v compared to the LSV, the 21V got bigger with less weight and cleaned up at a lower speed than the LSV. The 21v also has a firmer wake with a little more transition. Anything else you're wondering about comparison wise lemme know. The frist pic is the only pic I could find of the 21v surf wake, second pic is the LSV, as mike and others have said it's noticibly shorter than the LSV wave.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k58/bzubke1/surfin.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k58/bzubke1/surfin1.jpg

tgoody14
03-28-2013, 10:11 AM
Thanks Votto
Blackout - thanks for the pic! I recognize the pyramid! I grew up 45 minutes from Memphis in NE Arkansas!
B - great info, good to know on the differences of weighting the boats down!

If you guys run across any newer model LSVs on your local craigslist let me know!

I still travel back home to Arkansas quite often so anything in TX, AR, MO, MS, or LA is within driving distance for me!

Thanks Again guys!

KG's Supra24
03-28-2013, 10:20 AM
Are you ruling out your buddy's Supra? My condolences on the NE Arkansas deal :p

tgoody14
03-28-2013, 10:28 AM
Are you ruling out your buddy's Supra? My condolences on the NE Arkansas deal :p

Get outta here KG! That is God's Country!!! Haha I have to say tho I don't miss those AR winters and crazy springs when you get the random snow in March!

I'm just letting him sweat it out until I get home on the 5th! He knows im interested, but i know he Is just itching to get a New boat. Maybe he'll come down some more or throw in some extras and in the meantime I'll keep looking for LSVs. If nothing, then I'll prolly tow the 21v back to TX

tgoody14
03-28-2013, 10:30 AM
Lets hope he doesn't read this.... 😳

tgoody14
04-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Okkkkk just to catch you guys up to speed! I ended up coming down with the FLU right in the middle of all my wheelin and dealin! Sooo I ended up not being able to pick up my buddies Supra and he still has it for sale if any of you guys are interested.

On a BETTER note: because I have been down and out the past week and half I have spent my entire days looking online for a Moomba 2006-2010, which I had almost given up...

Last night I found an 08 Moomba LSV Blue on White just like my old outback (love that color scheme)! They had JUST posted it online last night and I had them a deposit by 930 this morning!!! I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve, except my Christmas Eve is going to last 2 weeks! The owner of the boat is trading it in for a newer model and his new boat won't be ready til the 26th!!!

Anywaysss just wanted to share my excitement!
Here it is... Somebody here may know it! It's in Austin

mcdye
04-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Congrats on new ride!!

kaneboats
04-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Congrats! Can't go wrong with the 2008. Great year!

sandm
04-12-2013, 03:07 PM
congrats on the new toy...

I'd be super stoked..

tgoody14
04-12-2013, 04:07 PM
Thanks guys! Not mine yet, but the quicker the dealer gets that new model out to the owner, the quicker I get my "new model" out to me haha

jpetty3023
04-12-2013, 04:12 PM
south austin marine? let me know when you make the trip to austin and if possible ill drive down and hook up with ya for lunch or dinner

sent from my home phone

tgoody14
04-12-2013, 04:28 PM
Sounds like a plan Jason! The dealer is Central Texas Water Sports! I've been on the phone with South Austin marine all off season trying to find boats! I just happen to be at the right place at the right time on this deal

jpetty3023
04-12-2013, 04:41 PM
good deal!! CTWS is about 15 mins closer for me anyways. there's a great wing place that has future doctors and lawyers paying for their college educations right up the road. those girls work real hard to secure their financial futures

sent from my home phone

tgoody14
04-12-2013, 05:17 PM
Sounds like its my kinda place!!!! 😳