PDA

View Full Version : Cooler removal

parrothd
03-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Had some warmer weather today so I removed the cooler from my lsv. Getting ready for my new ballast setup..

Die grinder & sawzall

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

jfox8807
03-23-2013, 08:52 PM
very nice. i was thinking about taking my cooler out in my xlv. was gonna put 3 more batts back there for more engine off play time

spydermonkey
03-23-2013, 11:29 PM
Nice ill be doing the same in the next few weeks 370 sac there I guess are you integrating it into your existing system or using a tsunami pump

parrothd
03-23-2013, 11:35 PM
All new system with 4 reversible pumps..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

E4NASH
03-24-2013, 02:30 AM
Mine's gone...cut it out last summer...in the dark...best mod I've done....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmandley
03-24-2013, 12:00 PM
I removed the one on the LSV as well last summer. Was no much nicer having the extra storage room.

New owner was glad it was gone as well.

I will however CAUTION you... If you run a ballast bag up there you need to figure out a way to mount a L brackit or something.

I was running a 450 bag for a while, and with that plus people siting on that side of the boat, the fiberglass bowed out almost 1/2inch from it normal sitting place. I have to push it back in and get it lined back up to its original place. The cooler is providing some anti-flex to that section of the boat.

Might be as easy as taking some aluminum L brace and epoxy them to the inside wall of that area, or mount it to the under side of the lip and to the floor.