PDA

View Full Version : Any Colorado Moomba's Out There???

kindog
12-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and have been looking at these boats for quite a while now. I currently live in Boulder CO (not a lot of use for a boat here right now :)) and am wondering how the carb'd Indmar 350 (310 HP) performs at altitude. Most of the use will be at about 5300 ft, but I will also be taking the boat to about 9000 ft on occasion (Steamboat and Dillon). I'm concerned that the carb option may not be the best choice for this application, but I'm not finding many EFI's in my price range. Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, what's the difference in fuel usage between the 310 HP carb and 325 HP EFI?

Thanks everyone!

Steve

jburnside
12-15-2005, 04:03 PM
Steve,
I'm a flat lander who lives in Michigan so I can't comment on the performance of the carb motor at altitude. But what I can tell you is that I see virtually no differnece in fuel consumption when comparing the two. I owned a 2003 Outback LS with the 310 carb motor and I now own a 2005 Mobius LSV with the 325 MPI. If it's at all possible you should really consider moving up to the MPI engine, they start so much easier and idle better when it's cold outside. Plus re-sale is better on boats with MPI motors. Just food for thought.

12-15-2005, 11:14 PM
Thanks Jeff,

I appreciate the info! That's another thing I was worried about (cold and hot starting). I would really like to find a boat with the MPI engine - I've got a while so hopefully something will pop up!

Thanks for the comments.

Steve

kindog
12-15-2005, 11:15 PM
Thanks Jeff,

I appreciate the info! That's another thing I was worried about (cold and hot starting). I would really like to find a boat with the MPI engine - I've got a while so hopefully something will pop up!

Thanks for the comments.

Steve

jburnside
12-16-2005, 04:56 PM
Steve,
Do you think with all the snow you guys are getting in Summit County this year (finally) that the Dillon Res. will be at a reasonable depth? We were out there last March and the reservoir looked real low. Good luck with your boat search!

kindog
12-19-2005, 02:47 PM
Definitely...the mountains have been getting pummeled this early season. I think it's the 2nd best pre-New-Year snowfall in history. Most resorts are already working off around a 50" base. Dillon was in bad shape 3-4 years ago but I'm sure this will help - hopefully it continues through the rest of the season. I may not be able to pull behind a Moomba for a few months, but gravity sure is a nice alternative for the meantime.

Still wondering about the engine though - looks like there aren't many Colorado Moombas...at least not many that have the boat AND an internet connection!

WakeLover17
01-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Hello. I live in Littleton and bought a Moomba Outback last week. I can't give any feedback yet. I am excited to get it out on the water but have to be patient.