PDA

View Full Version : What battery(s) would you guys use?

redmondson
03-23-2013, 02:32 PM
I will be running approximately 2000 watts. We usually post up at the sand bar and turn the tunes up and relax.
Looking for what you guys would use.

mmandley
03-23-2013, 05:23 PM
Mines a little exessive in terms of batteries.

I run 2 6V golf cart battiers in Series.

See the signature

jfox8807
03-23-2013, 08:33 PM
i use xs power xp series batteries but there kinda high. imo i think there one of the best out there.

chawk610
03-26-2013, 08:15 AM
#27, #24 Interstate marine

EarmarkMarine
03-26-2013, 09:19 AM
I will be running approximately 2000 watts. We usually post up at the sand bar and turn the tunes up and relax.
Looking for what you guys would use.

There are a few variables beyond system power such as the system efficiency and how long you play your system at rest and at what percentage of potential.
So that your battery investment lasts, you should have enough battery capacity that they are never discharged below 50 % (12.0 volts).

David

Brianinpdx
03-27-2013, 04:37 PM
Red - Absolutely nobody can predict what your battery usage can be. You could have the most efficient system in the world and play the most bass intensive music and run out of voltage before a guy that has the most un-efficient stock system and plays at lower volumes or plays material that is less bass heavy. It's all going to depend on Your personal system and playing style / play time w/engine off. Generally speaking if your entertaining at the sandbar, I'd look at getting the golf cart battery setup - read inexpensive (but has maintenance), or some more expensive large capacity AGMs #29's or 30's. If your buying new then match your stereo batteries in brand and size. I'd also look at adding a proMariner, or Bluesea off shore charger into the mix because it makes things very easy.

-Brian @ Exile