PDA

View Full Version : Getting In Shape

snyderaaron
03-23-2013, 12:54 PM
Anyone have any good exercises to get in shape. Always hate at the first of the year when I do 3 jumps and am spent .

Boonejeepin
03-23-2013, 01:12 PM
I am so out if shape that I am tired after getting the boat out of the garage.

Right arm beverage curls?

mmandley
03-23-2013, 02:19 PM
I got a routine that i just started. Its pretty simple all home exercises that don't require weights. I did it the other day and man i was beat LOL.

I will post it back up when i get home tonight.

maxpower220
03-23-2013, 07:19 PM
P90X, Insanity, or boot camp are all programs that anyone can do at home, no weights needed.

Easy basics are running, push ups, situps, and pull ups.

Don't forget to stretch. Don't overdo it at first.

snyderaaron
03-23-2013, 08:04 PM
I've done p90x and was still feeling it first time wakeboarding

freshturk
03-23-2013, 08:50 PM
Insanity is awesome for overall cardio, has a good mix of upper and lower body. Ive been doing it now for 16mos and havnt felt better in my life. Last year i was 6 mos into it when the season started and was doing longer sets than I had ever had from day one. Good luck!

sgoyal
03-24-2013, 07:58 PM
My kids before go to sleep.. makes me to do 4-5 rounds of total of 30 stair-well.. LOL... Of course, i go to gym twice a week and hit the swimming pool twice a week...

Summer, Here I come :cool:

sicktc06
03-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Right arm beverage curls?
Do to many of these, people will look at you funky!! At least switch arms!

I do a good bit of Mountain Biking and also hit the gym 4 days a week. Normal routines though, weights and some cardio but not a whole lot. I'm hoping the biking will help more than anything! Also, trying to learn stretches and stay flexible. I want to land that backroll this year!!

rdlangston13
03-25-2013, 01:08 PM
I'll go to the gym real consistently for about 3-4 weeks and then don't go for like 2 months. Kind of counter productive I guess

Sent from my iPhone

kaneboats
03-25-2013, 01:15 PM
Yup, season is coming up quick. I'm going to start walking out to the mailbox instead of taking the golf cart. It's several hundred feet. Start small and don't overdo it, right? (Gonna miss the cupholder though.)

Ian Brantford
03-25-2013, 08:49 PM
I start with (and sometimes end with) deadlifts. It's the exercise that best emulates wakeboarding. Rows in various directions help too.

rdlangston13
03-26-2013, 01:21 PM
I start with (and sometimes end with) deadlifts. It's the exercise that best emulates wakeboarding. Rows in various directions help too.

I hate dead lifts, avoid if at all possible

Sent from my iPhone

PatL
03-26-2013, 08:12 PM
I have to second the Insanity idea...I started it last fall and then fell off a little over the winter...Great for Cardio...

Trying to motivate again before getting into the slalom course.

tnbrooks01
03-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Anyone have any good exercises to get in shape. Always hate at the first of the year when I do 3 jumps and am spent .

Jogging or jump rope, push ups, crunches and trampoline training. Or wakeboard as much as possible and ride your self into better shape, that seems to be the funnest way to do it! It's all easy for me to say since my wakeboarding consists of sitting in the driver seat in the shade with a "cold pop" yelling you cant be tired yet I'm not even sweating.

Ian Brantford
03-27-2013, 12:00 PM
[...] Or wakeboard as much as possible and ride your self into better shape, that seems to be the funnest way to do it! [...]

I should have mentioned that. If there is a foot of chop on the water, go riding! Everything is still frozen up here, unfortunately.

sicktc06
03-27-2013, 01:10 PM
...It's all easy for me to say since my wakeboarding consists of sitting in the driver seat in the shade with a "cold pop" yelling you cant be tired yet I'm not even sweating.

Amen!!!!!!!

rdlangston13
03-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Ain't nobody got time for that!

Sent from my iPhone

tnbrooks01
03-27-2013, 01:55 PM
Ain't nobody got time for that!

Sent from my iPhone

I wasn't sure if anyone would catch that reference. Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk