PDA

View Full Version : Wake plate problems

MikeyMike
03-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Took the boat out for the first time the other day and the wake plate wouldn't move up or down. It's acting like they might be seized up. Can someone point me in the right direction to check the fluid? It's a 04 LSV thanks!!!

rca
03-21-2013, 12:11 PM
A friend of mine had a similar issue on his Tige and it was a fluid issue. He refilled and it's been working great for a couple of years. Not sure how to check it though.

maxpower220
03-21-2013, 02:10 PM
My "blinker switch" on the steering column was mounted with the wiring very tight. By moving the wheel up and down, the wiring was pulled from the switch and caused my plate not to move. Simple fix. If you hear the pump, then you may have other issues.

brain_rinse
03-21-2013, 09:24 PM
My "blinker switch" on the steering column was mounted with the wiring very tight. By moving the wheel up and down, the wiring was pulled from the switch and caused my plate not to move. Simple fix. If you hear the pump, then you may have other issues.
Same problem with mine

VA LSV
03-22-2013, 06:01 AM
Pump and tank are located in the engine compartment mounted to the port (left) bulkhead support. The tank is opaque so you can see the level. If you hear the pump run but the plate doesn't move, check the fluid level. Uses ATF fluid and the fill port is very small. After adding fluid, run the plate up and down several times to bleed the air out. Also check the actuators for leaks.

MikeyMike
03-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Great thanks I'll check it tonight! Yea I can hear the motor trying to move but just seems to stay one one spot.

MikeyMike
03-27-2013, 07:13 PM
Is there any way my actuators are just electric? Cause I've looked everywhere for a place to check fluid and can't find any. Does anyone have any ideas?17059

mcdye
03-27-2013, 08:40 PM
Is there any way my actuators are just electric? Cause I've looked everywhere for a place to check fluid and can't find any. Does anyone have any ideas?17059

If yours is an '04 it is Hydraulic not electric according to owner manual. I had an '02 and it was Hydraulic. I want to recall the fluid tank was in starboard rear locker at the very back. About the size of a 1/2 gallon milk carton.

tcallis
03-27-2013, 08:44 PM
Definitely hydraulic. The fluid reservoir on my 08 LSV is mounted right next to the ski plyon in the engine compartment. Worst case, follow the hoses connected to those two actuators back to the reservoir. Good luck!

wolfeman131
03-27-2013, 09:29 PM
04 LSV eventually became 08 Outback V, which I owned. Confirming that it is hydraulic and that reservoir is located in engine compartment. I believe mine was mounted on the aluminum engine box bracing, up near the ski pylon, but on the port side.

If nothing else, call a dealer or email [email protected]

VA LSV
03-28-2013, 08:01 AM
It has a smoke tint cover. Follow the black 1/4" tubing. Here is a pic of the tank/pump unit.

http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/images/prodImg/V351HPU1.jpg

mcdye
03-28-2013, 08:08 AM
Found a pic of my '02 LSV with the pump location.

parrothd
03-28-2013, 12:22 PM
Found a pic of my '02 LSV with the pump location.

Mine is in the engine compartment near the pylon..

MikeyMike
04-27-2013, 09:09 PM
Finally got around to looking into my wake plate problem. Works been killing me!! It was low on fluid so I added some which helped. But it will not go lower than level with the boat. Took the lower screws off to make sure the plate was not jammed. Still won't go any lower. Does anyone Have a suggestion?? Thanks!

moombahighrider
04-28-2013, 11:39 AM
That's about as low as mine will go on my 08. Mine goes only just past the plane of the hull. How much further are you thinking it should go?

VA LSV
04-29-2013, 06:18 AM
Work the plate up and down a bunch of times and check the fluid level and top it off if needed. My have air in the system that just needs to be worked out.

Ian Brantford
06-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Could someone please post the specific kind of fluid needed? I need to top mine up, but the owner's manual does not specify. I'll buy some today to top up at the lake tomorrow at the marina (which is where my boat is).

Thanks in advance.

Ian Brantford
06-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Could someone please post the specific kind of fluid needed? I need to top mine up, but the owner's manual does not specify. I'll buy some today to top up at the lake tomorrow at the marina (which is where my boat is).

Thanks in advance.

I know that it's ATF. I want to know what kind specifically. For example, the transmission takes Dextron III.

parrothd
06-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Same stuff...

http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/trimtabtips.php

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Ian Brantford
06-22-2013, 11:10 PM
Same stuff...

http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/trimtabtips.php

So, any ATF will do. Asked and answered. Thanks!