PDA

View Full Version : color combo

Gharvin
12-05-2005, 09:50 AM
I am going to set the finishing touches on how I want my new LSV today and the hardest thing I have is the color??

I am thinking grey top black mid hull with a platinum hull. What do you think?? Any suggestions, how about the platinum hull do you think this will be better than white?

JoeTechie
12-05-2005, 07:35 PM
I just went through the same thing! I had narrowed all the options down, but actually stood in the dealership and flipped a coin for the color.

The platinum is a very, very light grey - pretty much off-white. It takes the glare away from that stark pure white. Also looks better on the vinyl, imho.

The white does look good as a contrast for some of the brighter colors though.

Your boat sounds like it will be varying shades of grey (or an old black and white movie ;) )

-Joe

smokedog2
12-05-2005, 11:15 PM
FWIW I have heard that black shows water spots more than most.

Get the SS rail, PP, wake plate, and whatever color the wife likes.

My $.02, worth what you paid for it.

SD2

Buttafewcoe
12-06-2005, 08:52 AM
I agree with sd2.......let the missus pick the color and she'll think she had the most input. Prolly give you less grief in the long run.:p (notice the thumbnail, wife all happy)
B

Nafplio
12-06-2005, 12:29 PM
Yeah, women love red. I like darker colors on my toys but I have to say, red moombas look very cool indeed. Butta, I like the outback.
If you like going to different places, you'll appreciate a depth finder.

BensonWdby
12-06-2005, 07:39 PM
If I was going to buy another one and they still offered it, I would get the metallic blue like we have on our 99 Mobius. We ended up with it by accident, but it is by far the coolest color for a ski boat I have ever seen. We get compliments from onlookers everytime we go out.

Kind of strange too, because a lot of Bass boats seem to go with the metallic colors, lots of gray, brown, and red. And those do nothing for me. But this blue is something else....

Metalic Blue (http://bensonwdby.home.comcast.net/mobius_sparkle.jpg)