PDA

View Full Version : Mobius Lsv 2009 ( how much should i pay)

wakeboy
03-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Mobius Lsv 2009 in perfect condition

-around 40 hours
-800 lbs ballast kit
-325 hp
-cruise control
-no tower speakers
-no salt water kit
-no trim plate
-warranty still valid for one year on the engine
-1 axle trailer is like new

I have an idea but want to be sure before doing anything

thank you

Jake

kaneboats
03-02-2013, 12:17 PM
As much as it takes. Great boat!

wakeboy
03-02-2013, 12:34 PM
As much as it takes. Great boat!

around 33K would it be a good deal?

brad460
03-02-2013, 08:03 PM
around 33K would it be a good deal?

Yes..you are going to pay more than 30k, but definitely less than 38k ish...33k would be a decent deal, but you may be closer to 35k.

wakeboy
03-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Yes..you are going to pay more than 30k, but definitely less than 38k ish...33k would be a decent deal, but you may be closer to 35k.

this is what i taught while looking at the nada guides

- it is a disadvantage to only have the gravity 1 ballast system and no hydraulic wake plate ? for the resale value

lewisb13
03-03-2013, 10:55 AM
I think its pretty amazing you found an lsv without a wake plate. Good luck hopefully you'll be a ember of the family soon!

wolfeman131
03-03-2013, 12:00 PM
- it is a disadvantage to only have the gravity 1 ballast system and no hydraulic wake plate ? for the resale value

IMO, yes it is a disadvantage for resale & performance. You can add both.

wakeboy
03-03-2013, 12:38 PM
IMO, yes it is a disadvantage for resale & performance. You can add both.

OK so I should let it go or it can be a good buy anyway?

mmandley
03-03-2013, 12:48 PM
OK so I should let it go or it can be a good buy anyway?

Both those items are easy to install if you want them. They only retract the value by a 1K or so.

If your finding a 09 in the low 30s its a good deal

wolfeman131
03-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Both those items are easy to install if you want them. They only retract the value by a 1K or so.

Sure, IF you're comfortable installing these items on your own. If not, call a local dealer and ask them what it will cost to install rear bags & a wake plate. I'll bet you it's more than $1k. There is a reason another member mentioned it's rare to find a LSV without a wakeplate: nobody wants one without it. So, resale value may not be impacted much, but your pool of folks that would buy it are greatly diminished.

If you can, get a price for parts and labor to get it fixed up the way you want it and use that as a negotiating tool to get a better price from the seller.

wakeboy
03-03-2013, 04:07 PM
thank you guys since i do more wakesurf than wakeboard i think it wont affect me that bad

wolfeman131
03-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Maybe.

All we do is wakesurf & wouldn't consider a boat (any brand) w/out a wakeplate.

wakeboy
03-03-2013, 04:31 PM

I can install the wakeplate by myself?

automatic fat sacs is pretty expensive around 2500$ for 1500lbs and automatic tsunami pump

mmandley
03-03-2013, 05:36 PM
I can install the wakeplate by myself?

automatic fat sacs is pretty expensive around 2500$ for 1500lbs and automatic tsunami pump

Yes, you can, its just bolt on to the bottom edge of the boat, then on the transom. Drill a hole for the wires and tie it in at the dash. Moomba only uses the electric one now.

Unfortunately the cost of it new, is not the loss in value on a used boat. Even though it will cost more to install it new it wont detract the value off the boat as much.

Wakemakers sells complete kits, with pumps, bags and electronics for just under 500 a bag and with our Moomba discount that would put you around 1300 for the entire ballast.

Trim tab set up will cost about 500 if you do it yourself.

wakeboy
03-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Thank you so for the resale value I should put a wakeplate on it but for the entire ballast gravity 3 kit I checked with my dealer and they quote me around 3000$ for the complete job. (wiring, fat sac, electronic)

Yes, you can, its just bolt on to the bottom edge of the boat, then on the transom. Drill a hole for the wires and tie it in at the dash. Moomba only uses the electric one now.

Unfortunately the cost of it new, is not the loss in value on a used boat. Even though it will cost more to install it new it wont detract the value off the boat as much.

Wakemakers sells complete kits, with pumps, bags and electronics for just under 500 a bag and with our Moomba discount that would put you around 1300 for the entire ballast.

Trim tab set up will cost about 500 if you do it yourself.

mmandley
03-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Thank you so for the resale value I should put a wakeplate on it but for the entire ballast gravity 3 kit I checked with my dealer and they quote me around 3000$ for the complete job. (wiring, fat sac, electronic)

Makes since on 3K as they are also charging you labor. For 1500 id install it for you LOL. You might talk to the dealer and see what the cost of parts is and then the cost of labor, just to make sure you arnt over paying.

As for the wake plate, it is an important part of surfing but its not a critical part in my mind as most of the time the plate is 75 to 100 up, so its as if you don't have one.

Id say a boat with a wake plate and GIII ballast would sell for about 2-3K more then a boat with out it if that helps in your price hunt.

Where are you located?

wolfeman131
03-03-2013, 09:09 PM
Ok, so let's start doing the math:

$33,000 sales price
$3,000 ballast by dealer
$500 wakeplate parts only
(although I doubt you can find a full setup - plate, actuator, control, gauge & wiring for that)

$36,500 total

That puts you range of others that came equipped like that from the factory. From a resale perspective, as a buyer, if I can tell you added stuff like a wakeplate, I value your boat less than one that had that installed at the factory. Others may think differently.

The good news is that it sounds like you have found a great boat and even if you have to spend a few $$ getting it how you want it, you won't have overpaid.

mcdye
03-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Wakeboy, You want to look at a loaded '10 LSV model, I happen to know where one is. :)

moombadaze
03-04-2013, 08:29 AM
I would not shy away from installing the ballast or wakeplate myself and would use it to my advantage when buying the boat. Neither one are going to very hard to add. Go to a Moomba dealer and look at how its done and replicate it.

As for resale a few years down the road, I dont think anyone would ask if you installed those items yourself

kaneboats
03-04-2013, 10:46 AM
When I bought my '08 I looked at an '07 with a fixed wakeplate. I decided I'd rather not spend over 30k on a boat that didn't have a wakeplate. I would have also had to upgrade the ballast. The best thing to do is to take the fair price for the boat and make him knock off for the money you'd have to spend to have the dealer install the equipment you need. If it works out you can save a little by installing yourself. If not, just walk away. There are plenty of boats out there. Where are you located?

Boatdrinks797
03-05-2013, 08:47 PM
My 04 Centurion has a manual wakeplate and they are a pain in the A$$ to adjust. I messed with it a couple times and never touched it again. The plate was fixed and literally had only a couple degress of deflection. I'm curious to mess around with it on the new boat and see how big of a difference it makes.

kaneboats
03-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Let me guess you didn't get a fixed or "manual" wakeplate on the new boat? It's one of those things that ought to be stock and the seller has to pay for if he didn't pay for it the first time around. You gotta have it.