PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboat Purchase Advice Anyone??

halotiger
02-28-2013, 06:08 PM
I would love some advice for a first time inboard buyer. I am currently looking for an all around boat that can do it "all". I foresee the family primarily tubing, kneeboarding, and most definitely wake surfing. I tried surfing last year and was instantly hooked. I recently went to a Boat Show and was completely overwhelmed at all the differences between manufacturers. We quickly decided that all the really cool touch screens and bling were not justifiable for a boat that would be used for hopefully 5 months out of the year. I also wonder how all those electronics will end up performing over an extended period of time?? We think we have narrowed our selection down to either Moomba or Tige. I have been very impressed with the LSV and all it has to offer. The only comparable Tige model based on price is the R20, but spec wise it doesn't seem even close. Any advice on options if I end up going with a Moomba?? I wonder if the stock ballast will end up being enough down the road for a good surfing experience.
Thanks in advance for any advise.

kaneboats
03-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Please post your location. Lots of guys on here can help. They need to know if you have garage or lake size limitations and how many people would normally be in your crew. Sounds like you are a candidate for the OBV or the LSV. Good luck!

E4NASH
03-01-2013, 12:42 PM
I vote LSV and you will definitely need to upgrade the rear bags to at least 750 lbs to have a good surfing experience.

moombadaze
03-01-2013, 01:50 PM
I vote LSV and you will definitely need to upgrade the rear bags to at least 750 lbs to have a good surfing experience.

second that.

RickT
03-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Keep in mind the 2013 LSV(if that is what you are looking at) has 650# rear ballast bags standard this year for this very reason to enhance surf without having to buy additional bags. 650's may be enough. Which dealer are you working with? I would choose an LSV over a Tige...but that is just me. :)

Good Luck in your search,

Rick

rdlangston13
03-01-2013, 03:46 PM
R20's are tiny, LSV all the way

halotiger
03-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the input. I agree on the R20 feeling tiny. A better comparison is probably the OBV, which is a far better deal. I am really leaning towards the LSV. Dollar for dollar there doesn't seem to be anything even close. Any opinions on color? I really like greys, blacks, whites, and maybe a splash of blue. My concern with a dark main panel is keeping it looking clean. I would love to see a picture of a platinum or grey boat. The website view of colors doesn't give a great perspective. How about the speaker options? Is the price upgrade justifiable?

kaneboats
03-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Just me but I would not have them put a stock stereo in at all. I'd just do it myself. I have seen orange and grey boats that looked incredible. I really like the blue and black though.

wolfeman131
03-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Just me but I would not have them put a stock stereo in at all.

Unfortunately, not an option from the factory anymore.

rdlangston13
03-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Unfortunately, not an option from the factory anymore.

That's too bad because a lot of people immediately scrap the stock equipment you could save a grand or so off the boat by just not even adding it

Sent from my iPhone

Mikey
03-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Depending on what you want the boat to do ,you may want to rethink slightly. If ,but you never mentioned it...want to waterski then the Outback may be the better boat to go with. Its considered MOOMBA Cross over boat. As for the stereo,if you are not allowed to delete this option,you may want to order ,the most basic version as MOST people change out and upgrade the stock systems. SEE audio section ,for advice and suggestions etc.

Brayden
03-03-2013, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the input. I agree on the R20 feeling tiny. A better comparison is probably the OBV, which is a far better deal. I am really leaning towards the LSV. Dollar for dollar there doesn't seem to be anything even close. Any opinions on color? I really like greys, blacks, whites, and maybe a splash of blue. My concern with a dark main panel is keeping it looking clean. I would love to see a picture of a platinum or grey boat. The website view of colors doesn't give a great perspective. How about the speaker options? Is the price upgrade justifiable?

I love my LSV! great for surfing with 750's in rear....colours on my boat are grey and black....thinking of taking the splash sticker off this summer....... so if you want check it out might give you a better idea....just look in my photo album.
w