PDA

View Full Version : Wakemakers discountined the Moomba Coupon code....

parrothd
02-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Was about to place a big order with the forum coupon code but the code no longer works. :-?

I contacted wakemakers and they've changed the policy.

http://www.wakemakers.com/discounts-coupon-codes

I'm not sure if the %10 discount is for future orders, but that's what it seems...

motosno963
02-25-2013, 05:09 PM
well that stinks

sandm
02-25-2013, 05:26 PM
that's kind of counter-productive.
I get that the code was probably overused and I like the "send pics of the install" as they can use them for advertising, but how many people buy a complete ballast system then need a coupon code again??

Should be pay full price and a 10% rebate if you send pics of the complete install within 30 days..

jmvotto
02-25-2013, 06:02 PM
taking a page out of the seadek guys, kill the guys that help get you somewhere.

motosno963
02-25-2013, 06:06 PM
crazy..i wanna sea dek some parts of my walk way too haha

beat taco
02-25-2013, 06:46 PM
I tried to get the discount but I can't download pics off my phone onto their form.

E4NASH
02-25-2013, 09:11 PM
Man that really sucks because I am about to place a HUGE order and with everything I am about to buy I won't need to place a future order (at least with this boat) so the code AFTER the install doesn't help at all. I'm already a returning customer...this is the third time I will have placed an order with them and this is by far the biggest!

parrothd
02-25-2013, 09:22 PM
Got this back..

Jon,
In the case of one or two sacs being purchased the discount would be put towards your next purchase. We have made some exceptions for customers purchasing fully integrated systems.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

jmvotto
02-25-2013, 11:16 PM
Maybe they want us to start buyer from here.

http://www.thefootersedge.com/equipment/fatsacs/index_products.html#

Just saying

mmandley
02-26-2013, 11:05 AM
First i have herd of this. I will contact Spencer see if i can do anything about the discount codes.

Mike

jester
02-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Should be pay full price and a 10% rebate if you send pics of the complete install within 30 days..

30 days I think it should be like 120 to 240 days. Dang boat projects have a way of extending out because of little things.

mmandley
02-26-2013, 02:55 PM
I talked to Spenser. He said once again the Moomba discount code was added to public sites and was being abused.

In short he said if you have a big order then email him and he will give you a discount. He just can't risk anymore abuse of the codes.
He also said, as always you can contact me and I can get you a code, he prefers the discount to be applied on larger orders not just 1 or 2 items

parrothd
02-26-2013, 07:01 PM
Yep, I had them look at my cart with $1500± of ballast parts and they added the discount.. :)

jasonwm
02-26-2013, 07:27 PM
What can I say... we screwed up.

We certainly don't want any of our friends with Moombas to purchase their boat accessories elsewhere. And we weren't trying to get rid of the discount, but rather modify it slightly to ensure those that were active members of the community were benefiting from it.

We've been fighting a losing battle for the last couple of years because various coupon codes have ended up on discount and deal websites. Our intention was to eliminate that practice to ensure we can continue offering discounts to Moomba owners in exchange for helping us promote the sport. But that's our problem to deal with, not yours, so I apologize that our updated policy resulted in any confusion.

Effective immediately, we've resumed our standard practices for the Moomba discount. We may have to change the actual code a little more often, and of course we would love it if you share your ballast project with the rest of the community, but we're back to business as usual, and ready to help you guys get your boats dialed in time for spring.

If anyone has any questions or feedback you're welcome to contact me any time.

E4NASH
02-26-2013, 08:40 PM
That is GREAT news!! thanks so much we REALLY appreciate it....at least I do.

Those who have posted these codes online please do not do it anymore! Why do you care about helping out people you don't even know on some discount site at the expense of a business that supports us the way Wakemakers does. Do the right thing and keep this information private so we as a community can enjoy the great service and support that Wakemakers provides and they can keep benefiting from the business they have. It's tough out there for some businesses and 10% may not sound like a lot but if you get a lot of orders it becomes a lot.

My $.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmvotto
02-26-2013, 10:40 PM
That is GREAT news!! thanks so much we REALLY appreciate it....at least I do.

Those who have posted these codes online please do not do it anymore! Why do you care about helping out people you don't even know on some discount site at the expense of a business that supports us the way Wakemakers does. Do the right thing and keep this information private so we as a community can enjoy the great service and support that Wakemakers provides and they can keep benefiting from the business they have. It's tough out there for some businesses and 10% may not sound like a lot but if you get a lot of orders it becomes a lot.

My $.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen. Brother.
Mike and Jason thanks for putting the moomba crew back on the map. I agree the code should change and sharing outside is not caring.

mmandley
02-27-2013, 12:07 AM
Amen. Brother.
Mike and Jason thanks for putting the moomba crew back on the map. I agree the code should change and sharing outside is not caring.

I'm just a bro like you all and as always i do what i can to help. I am thankful I'm personal friends with a lot of the people we all like to do business with such as Wake Makers and several stereo companies.

I'm always willing to contact them on someone behalf to help get personal service when I can, or help to clear matters like these up for everyone.

parrothd
02-27-2013, 04:00 PM
Whoops...Looks like I stirred the pot.. :)

Honestly I can understand the reasoning for ending the Moomba coupon code just was a little shocked. I was waiting for my home refinancing to complete before spending the money, which it's supposed to happen today. Going too lower my monthly payment big time! Thanks HARP program...

I emailed wakemakers and showed them what I was planning to buy and they applied the discount, if keeping the coupon code secret is the issue the email method worked fine for me. They discounted me %10(?) which lead me to add an additional ballast pump system. So now I'm going with 4 reversible pumps.. :)

jasonwm
02-27-2013, 06:19 PM
Stirring the pot is good every once in a while!

We would prefer if the coupon was released through the forum, rather than by contacting us. That will help reduce the number of emails and phone calls we have to process, which makes it easier for us to continue supporting the Moomba community with a discount.

Of course if someone needs to contact us to get the code, that's absolutely fine.

tgoody14
04-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Jason,

I've got an 08 LSV coming my way at the end of the month, but I'm trying to get a head start on all my upgrading... That being said, I'm looking at ordering (2) 750lb Fly High BagBusters Upgrade and (1) 1100lb Fly High Bag from wakemakers and an ACME 1617 from wakeprops.
Is this an order I could combine over the phone with you guys and still get the Moomba discount or do I need to make separate orders on their respective websites with the coupon!?!? I'm looking at +/-$1000, so that 10% would be GREATLY appreciated to say the least! Haha

Thanks in Advance,
Taylor

snyderaaron
04-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Here's my problem with not having the wake makers coupon. I love wake makers don't get me wrong, but a lot of websites are carrying bags and other items and I can easily find coupons for usually 15 percent off. If it can save me money I usually go to the cheapest site. By the way has anyone tried the new ronix bags.

parrothd
04-14-2013, 06:56 PM
Just need to send them an email for the code..