PDA

View Full Version : The new boat

racer808
02-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Well, here she is. Gallup New Mexico is the sketchiest place I have ever been through & I have been through the back streets of Venice Beach, parts of Compton, Fargo, ND. Glad to have been to Phoenix once but have no desire to ever return. Boat is incredible in person. I was nervous about the colors, the whole buying site unseen. When we turned the corner out jaws dropped & new we had arrived.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n17/deep808beet/IMG_20130222_133505_zps931a93ee.jpg

I know it is not a Moomba, but I am very happy with the purchase. Cannot wait for summer

tgoody14
02-24-2013, 08:43 AM
Congrats! Let the fun begin..

lewisb13
02-24-2013, 09:40 AM
Love those colors!

kaneboats
02-24-2013, 02:02 PM
We're very happy for you. She looks like a lot of fun. Glad your efforts paid off so nicely.

sandm
02-24-2013, 04:58 PM
good looking boat.

second the thoughts on gallup. believe it has one of the highest daily jail population for dui/drunk in public in the nation..

KG's Supra24
02-24-2013, 05:55 PM
Congrats. Looks great. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Boatdrinks797
02-25-2013, 12:23 AM
Wait a sec.....You've been thru the 'sketchy' back streets of Fargo?!?! I didn't even know we have backstreets here...I've seen the freak show on venice beach and long beach too and certainly never got them confused from back home. To be on the safe side you better not bring the boat up here, people may point, stare and compliment you on it!

But, I digress.....Nice looking boat, have fun!

racer808
02-25-2013, 12:06 PM
Wait a sec.....You've been thru the 'sketchy' back streets of Fargo?!?! I didn't even know we have backstreets here...I've seen the freak show on venice beach and long beach too and certainly never got them confused from back home. To be on the safe side you better not bring the boat up here, people may point, stare and compliment you on it!

But, I digress.....Nice looking boat, have fun! That was deff tongue in cheek. I grew up there, so I had to plug it as a tough place. But you gotta admit, those kids that cruise Broadway are tough, yo. Do they still cruise there? The freak shows on Venice are cool. It's a few blocks off the beach that are down right scary. I will be bringing the boat to Dickinson ND in July though, gonna spend a few days on lake sakakawea with the Mrs's family at their cabin. Watch her brother drool since his wife only lets him go into dept for new kitchens & homes. Poor guy, I would hate to have his wife, would never last with me.

viking
02-25-2013, 05:26 PM
nice ride! I like the colored tower. Enjoy your summer - I know you will!

Boatdrinks797
02-26-2013, 01:23 AM
Well, I didn't see that one coming...So, I guess that gives you the right for a cheap shot at the Northy. My wife is from Dickinson too and we get back there a couple times a year. I grew up in Bismarck, but have never been on Sakakawea. We got a cabin out by Detroit Lakes, MN so I never haul the boat out that way.

racer808
02-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Well, I didn't see that one coming...So, I guess that gives you the right for a cheap shot at the Northy. My wife is from Dickinson too and we get back there a couple times a year. I grew up in Bismarck, but have never been on Sakakawea. We got a cabin out by Detroit Lakes, MN so I never haul the boat out that way.
I was actually born in Williston, then my parents moved us to Mandan, then to Dickinson for K-4 then the divorce so it was Bismark, then back with my dad in 5th grade in Dickinson, then to Killdeer in 8th grade, then off to Brainerd MN in 10th, then to Fargo to stay with my mom, then graduation & my dad took a transfer to come to Denver so I went with him & decided I would never move again. We have family in Bismark & Dickinson. I spent my teen summers partying at Detroit Lakes, did the Sex on the Beach thing. My brothers girlfriends family had a cabin on Strawberry Lake I think it was? My dad rented a house right on Gilbert Lake when we were in Brainerd, those were some good times too.

smokedog2
02-27-2013, 10:51 PM
Hey! Born in Dickinson here. My folk still summer on Saca-something when it is not drained dry for barges. They are on the Watford City side, north and slightly east. I love the state but not sure I want to go back since oil. I hear it has changed a lot. I went back to chase pheasants for many year but have missed the last two.

These are not rough water boats. The big lake can get pretty sporty. Have fun.

viking
02-27-2013, 11:55 PM
small world. I love Brainerd. Spent about 20 summers in a row on Pelican Lake. Family had a cabin on it years ago. Great aunts and uncles still own on the lake. Took a 2 week vacation last summer, towed the moomba, rented a house and chilled on it again. Gull and Whitefish Chain are pretty nice too!
Did the whole DL thing a time or 2 as well. Nice party scene during the summers when I was young and dumb. Had a great time tho. I think I still have a Zorbaz cup laying around :)

Cheers

baddogz28
03-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Looked at the same boat in Austin a couple weeks ago... She was a total rat though so I passed. Picking up my 00 Mobius tomorrow!!!

Boatdrinks797
03-05-2013, 11:58 PM
Did someone say Zorbaz?!?! Now you got me jonesing for their pizza and a blood mary! Our cabin is pretty close to Pelican Lake. What part of MT are you in? I seem to be spending a lot of time their lately. On my way to Billings right now and delayed in SEATAC. I make it out to Great Falls and Kalispell pretty routinely too.

rdlangston13
03-06-2013, 04:52 AM
Looked at the same boat in Austin a couple weeks ago... She was a total rat though so I passed. Picking up my 00 Mobius tomorrow!!!

From Texas? Be sure to bring that bad boy down to the Moomba/Supra Jame in August

Sent from my iPhone

viking
03-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Did someone say Zorbaz?!?! Now you got me jonesing for their pizza and a blood mary! Our cabin is pretty close to Pelican Lake. What part of MT are you in? I seem to be spending a lot of time their lately. On my way to Billings right now and delayed in SEATAC. I make it out to Great Falls and Kalispell pretty routinely too.

In Billings. What do you do that brings you out to Big Sky Country routinely?

Boatdrinks797
03-06-2013, 11:54 PM
I'm an independent clinical research consultant for big/little pharma. I'm currently holding down a stool at Fiddlers Green though!

viking
03-07-2013, 11:48 AM
I'm an independent clinical research consultant for big/little pharma. I'm currently holding down a stool at Fiddlers Green though!

NICE......good food and good beer :)