PDA

View Full Version : where is the fuel filter?

marchina
11-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Hello everyone,

Where is the fuel filter? this filter catch the water too?

best regards

Simon

Buttafewcoe
11-28-2005, 09:07 AM
Interesting. I've not checked for one on my '04 Outback. Will have to look. I believe I'd be obliged to install one if one is not found.
Marchina, if you want one to pull water out, you'll have to get a 'water seperator' and put in the line.
Hope th is helps
Butta

Yellowmobius
11-28-2005, 09:15 AM
Typically it is an in-line filter just before the fuel pump. My 2001 LS had one and my 2004 LSV has one.

05mobiusxlv
11-28-2005, 11:51 PM
One day this summer I took my boat out, engine had about 115 hours at the time. After about 15 minutes, the boat started running like crap. It would only go to 3,000 rpm's and then spit and sputter and backfire, and it threw the rpm's all over, and would not go over 15 mph. Then it would barely idle, then the engine killed. Took it to the dealership, and all it was, was a clogged fuel filter. I must have got some bad gas. I can't believe that a fuel filter would be an option. I'm glad mine had one, if it didn't, i'm guessing i would have had some big repair bills that factory warranty would not cover. Fuel filters are cheap, and from now on, every time I change oil, i'm changing my fuel filter, so i don't get stranded on the water again for something so minor.

Buttafewcoe
11-29-2005, 12:35 PM
your boat looks like it's listing to port
B

Yellowmobius
11-29-2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah I think Gramps was hitting the booze when he took that picture!

Hey Jay, you need to change your username to Gramps. I am sure it is available!

Buttafewcoe
11-30-2005, 06:40 AM
Hey, I found my fuel filter. It's about under the starter on the starboard side close to the motor mount. I think if i pull it off and take it to Autozone, they'd have one to hook me up. Actually, I'd like to put a see through one back on so I could monitor any debris it catches.
B

john s
09-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Why on earth the Mobius 2005 LS with the 5.7 carbureted indmar engine doesn't come with a water seperator/ fuel filter is beyond me!
Then again I bought it used, so maybe it had one?
Also it doesn't have a visible fuel filter before or after the carter fuel pump.
Maybe Indmar is looking for more business?
Every boat I've had that was an inboard (3 boats) always had a combination water seperator/ fuel filter(s).
Typically, now I add Stabil everytime I fuel up the beast.
Seems to be working so -far.
I plan on adding a fuel filter at the very least for peace of mind. It'll have to be put on before the fuel pump - simply cut the rubber hose (don't wnat to cut the steel tube between the carburetor and pump) and slip her in - just pray that it doesn't cut down on the fuel supply - reduce the flow!
If you've got any better suggestions - shoot --

John S: confused