PDA

View Full Version : US Boat Insurance Company

mmandley
02-19-2013, 06:00 AM
Hey everyone, i meant to mention this back in Jan when i got the new Mojo but i couldnt as it might give away what boat i got.

Anyhow, SC has a deal that if you purchase US Boat Insurance they will extend the factory warrenty.

Factory Warrenty this year is.

1 year Bow to Stern any issue you have.
2 additional years Drive Train
Lifetime Hull

With the US boaters insurance you get an additional 2 years Drive Train

So you have a 5 year drive train and Life time hull warrenty.

I have always used this company and had excellent rates, never had a warrenty claim though so cant speak on that.

I think its worth a look into if you have a new boat.

Boatdrinks797
02-19-2013, 12:40 PM
This sounds like an easy choice to make, guess I'm a bit suspect of it though. Do you have any information you can share so we can confirm the extended warranty coverage with SC?

mmandley
02-19-2013, 01:24 PM
This sounds like an easy choice to make, guess I'm a bit suspect of it though. Do you have any information you can share so we can confirm the extended warranty coverage with SC?

trust me i was Skepticle too, all you do is give them a call.

Boaters insurance Agency
800-344-7488

We have been using them for the last 4 years, it was recently they got into this deal. I think it Originated with Idmar Engines, and since SC uses them its extended through them.

I asked a lot of questions and basically what i was told, is if the factory would have covered it as part of the 3 year, then its covered for 5 years.

Im not part of any related company, just a boater like yourself and wanted to let my Moomba bros know about this option.

wolfeman131
02-19-2013, 01:38 PM
The title of this thread is incorrect. The program is not thru SC or US Boat Insurance, it is thru Indmar and Boater's Insurance and is available when you purchase a new boat. Same program was in effect last year and several members, including myself, took advantage of this and posted last year about cost variances.

Here is the info from the Moomba website:

Indmar Extended Engine-Warranty Opportunity

Indmar offers an official 5 Year Factory Warranty on all 2011 Indmar Marine Engines. The protection plan extends and provides the same coverage as the original Factory 3 Year Warranty for 2 additional years on any 2011 Indmar engine. (See your dealer or Operator Manual for limited warranty details)

The Factory 5 Year Warranty is the only true factory-backed warranty. The warranty is fully backed by Indmar Marine Engines and does not include an outsourced third party as typically provided by other manufacturers. Coverage under the program is the same on the last day as it is on the first. The warranty is also fully transferable.

To qualify for the Factory 5 Year Warranty, a 2011 Indmar owner in the 48 contiguous United States must insure their boat with Boaters Insurance at time of purchase or no later than 60 days from the date of delivery. Once the boat has been insured with Boater's Insurance Agency, the engine is then automatically enrolled in the Factory 5 year program with Indmar.

Every new owner who takes advantage of the Factory 5 Protection Plan will experience a seamless extension between product warranty and insurance coverage. This means Indmar owners experience a very smooth transition whether they have a warranty claim or an accident. No other protection plan has the level of service or is as comprehensive as the Factory 5.

To offer this level of protection, Indmar has partnered with Boaters Insurance Agency, one of the leading insurance providers in the industry that specializes in ski-wake boats. In response, Boater's Insurance has created an extremely unique insurance coverage plan that serves as a benchmark against all others and is available only to Indmar owners.

Welcome to the best consumer warranty and insurance package available in the Industry!