PDA

View Full Version : Need. Help treadmill iPad mount

jmvotto
02-18-2013, 07:33 PM
Just bought a solo f85 treadmill which we love, but I cover the LCD screen with my iPad , so I need a mount that will hold a device securely above the unit. It's in the garage and no cable there yet!!:o

any thoughts would be appreciated.

wolfeman131
02-18-2013, 08:12 PM
Add a free app to your iPad that measures your time & distance. Isn't there some Nike deal that tracks from your shoes?

E4NASH
02-18-2013, 08:34 PM
Add a free app to your iPad that measures your time & distance. Isn't there some Nike deal that tracks from your shoes?

Yeah, I have that sensor for my AirMax. I think the sensor was $20. Fits right in the sole of the shoe. Syncs right up to my iPhone.

http://www.apple.com/ipod/nike/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmvotto
02-18-2013, 09:21 PM
I have that Nike running app, I want something to hold the ipad so I can watch wake board and surf videos.....

kaneboats
02-19-2013, 09:24 AM
Do you want to mount it to the unit or to a wall or something? I might have some old bimini clamps that would help.

yearround
02-19-2013, 10:18 AM
i would just say get off the dreadmill and run outside. no weather too bad to run outside. but my running habits are different than most.

chawk610
02-19-2013, 10:34 AM
Yeah, I have that sensor for my AirMax. I think the sensor was $20. Fits right in the sole of the shoe. Syncs right up to my iPhone.

http://www.apple.com/ipod/nike/

What is this wizardry you speak of?

jmvotto
02-19-2013, 11:16 AM
at three miles I am toast, and BTW I hate running but its a neccesary evil to eat the way I eat and drink the way I want to drink LOL

jmvotto
02-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Pat, thanks for the offer, but i think i found something that may work.

http://www.amazon.com/EMPIRE-Adjustable-Flexible-Extension-Mount/dp/B005VSHMSY/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1361288002&sr=8-14&keywords=treadmill+ipad+holder

or
http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PMKSPAD2-Universal-Android-Instrument/dp/B009WGPCOW/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1361288002&sr=8-15&keywords=treadmill+ipad+holder

bergermaister
02-19-2013, 11:42 AM
i would just say get off the dreadmill and run outside. no weather too bad to run outside. but my running habits are different than most.

Arms get too tired holding iPad up in front of you and then you start running into stuff... :rolleyes:

yearround
02-19-2013, 12:25 PM

the great wizard of technology.

there are footpod's that you put inside nike shoes, or you can attach to the laces of other shoes. the footpod talks to the device and you can get reading for pace, distance, etc. iphone/ipod can do it also, but then you have to carry your phone, either on shoulder, belt, or hand. the trick is to get a calibration factor for the footpod or ipod that will correctly average your pace, stride length, etc. i have had both good and bad experience with these. for short distance, the error is usually not significant.

who cares if you if you are off by .5 miles in a 6 mile run, if it takes an hour to do it, not a big deal, it is close. one of my bad experiences was on a long trail run that i did not really know where i was or how much farther i had to go. i knew the run was about 60 miles, at 64 (according to the device), i was really ready to be finished. after another 4 miles i got where i needed to be and was happy.

i did a 75 mile run and the foot pod was right on. i did a 100 and it recorded 112.

i do agree, that my arms would get tired holding the ipad watching movies. and the eating and drinking, but i don't drink adult beverages.

kaneboats
02-19-2013, 12:49 PM
Let's see, a 75 mile run would take me about 4-6 weeks. That's a lot of food and water to carry.

E4NASH
02-19-2013, 05:01 PM

dusty2221
02-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Yeah, but do they make a watertight bag that fits it?

jpetty3023
02-19-2013, 07:27 PM

That's the key ingredient right Dusty

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks

chadjitsu1
02-19-2013, 10:52 PM
I actually prefer to cover the screen on the treadmill when I run, If I could just shut it off then I would. I find it harder to run when I know how much further I have to go. I like to just forget about the fact that I'm on the treadmill running, I like to just listen to music and think about my day or getting out on the boat.

Not to hijack the thread but I have been having issue with my knees on the treadmill, does anyone else have these issues. I just get soreness in my knee on the inside after running for a few weeks, It progressively gets worse. The only way for it to get better is to lay off for a while which is very frustrating to me. I run about 3-3.5 miles a day. I have never had a major knee problem and dont feel any clicking or anything when I walk its just on the inside of the knee

jpetty3023
02-19-2013, 11:17 PM
I actually prefer to cover the screen on the treadmill when I run, If I could just shut it off then I would. I find it harder to run when I know how much further I have to go. I like to just forget about the fact that I'm on the treadmill running, I like to just listen to music and think about my day or getting out on the boat.

Not to hijack the thread but I have been having issue with my knees on the treadmill, does anyone else have these issues. I just get soreness in my knee on the inside after running for a few weeks, It progressively gets worse. The only way for it to get better is to lay off for a while which is very frustrating to me. I run about 3-3.5 miles a day. I have never had a major knee problem and dont feel any clicking or anything when I walk its just on the inside of the knee

Sounds like an interior meniscus issue to me sir. I'm no knee expert but from the description your giving I'd say a minor tear or minimum stretched per say

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks

yearround
02-20-2013, 12:25 AM

lifeproof for the iphone. the footpod that i have seems to be water proof, has been through many rains, snows, streams, crossing and soaking, and still works.

chawk610
02-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Figures, I'm an android guy :(