PDA

View Full Version : *AKC Silver Labrador Pups*

tgoody14
02-17-2013, 03:40 PM
My family has been breeding, raising, and training Labradors for hunting purposes for as long as I can remember. I heard about these Silvers four years ago and it took me two years of researching and contacting breeders to find the exact match of what I was looking for in a trainable Labrador (Block head, Lean/Muscular Build, with Great Instincts and Drive). I found my female Silver (AKC “Goody’s Silver Skye”) in Dublin, Texas at DLime Ranch and two years later, December 2012, bred her into another Hunting Silver bloodline out of Timber Ghost Retrievers in Camden, Arkansas. This litter was born on Feb 11th with 5 Males and 3 Females and will be available to you by April 1st, 2013. This is a one time litter from my very rare Silver, as half of the litter is already spoken for by family members and very close friends who hunt back home in Arkansas. As of right now, I have 2 males and 2 females that I will need to find homes for that LOVE the outdoors. The pups, Skye, and myself are located on Lake Amistad (Del Rio, TX), which is 2.5 hours West of San Antonio on Hwy 90.

Labrador Retrievers that express the dilution gene (dd) are recognized and registered by the American Kennel Club (AKC) based on their foundation genetic colors, Black, Yellow, or Chocolate. Labradors that are descriptively called SILVER are registered as their base genetic color that is Chocolate. The policy of registering light shades of the breed standard-described colors was established after a joint investigation by the AKC and Labrador Retriever Club of America (LRC) in the 1980s, wherein breed purity of SILVER Labradors was also confirmed.

Adding a dog to your household should be a well-thought-out decision. You will be taking on the responsibility of a living, thinking, caring animal, who is willing to give his/her life for you. That’s a big responsibility and I want to be assured that my Silver Labs make it to a loving home who understand all that is entailed. Also, by this bloodline having a strong hunting background will ultimately cut the obedience training in half if your intentions are not for hunting and more of a family pet. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns and/or if you would like to see more pictures: taylorgoodwin@hotmail com
AKC Registration - $1000 ($250 Deposit Required) AKC Reg with breeding rights - $1500 ($250 Deposit Required)
Thanks, Taylor

First 5 pictures belong to DLime Ranch that were sent to me when Skye was a pup and of her Father "Smokey"
Next 3 pictures belong to Timber Ghost Retrievers of the Sire "Trigger"

tgoody14
02-17-2013, 03:41 PM

tgoody14
02-17-2013, 03:46 PM

moombadaze
02-18-2013, 10:21 AM
nice looking pups-way to much money for me to spend on a dog.

kaneboats
02-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Very good of you to offer these very special pups to the guys on here. Thanks for doing so.

tgoody14
02-18-2013, 03:17 PM
They are very expensive, which is why I wanted to make sure half the litter were spoken for before we actually went through with it.

The Silver line of Labs are very rare and Skye cost me $1300 2 years ago then I had to pay another $1500 to breed her to "Trigger" (the other pure Silver hunting bloodline)

If you guys run across anybody looking for one please keep me in mind. If traveling is an issue, I will be making a run to Arkansas from Texas around mid April to deliver 4 pups and I can always take an extra...

motosno963
02-18-2013, 07:25 PM
i wish..yall are a little far from me..my brother and i bought my mother a bure breed english bull that cost 2500 haha

tgoody14
03-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Pups were 3weeks old yesterday!
2 females and 3 males left

Boatdrinks797
03-07-2013, 01:28 AM
Great looking pups....I've never seen silver labs before, they look alot like a weamerschloger without the docked tails.

My black lab, Primer, is six years old and literaly still as hyper as when she was a pup. Sadly, I can only handle one lab at a time.

tgoody14
03-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Yes some are pups their entire lives! Haha

Here's a link to the FB Page, lots of pics there

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AKC-Silver-Labrador-Pups/384062408358447

1 Female and 3 Males left

tgoody14
03-10-2013, 11:17 PM
I just posted a few more pics to the Pups Facebook page
Pups are now 4 weeks old and we only have 1 female and 3 males left to find loving homes!
It is a Public Page so just by "liking" a photo it helps spread the word about the pups.
Thanks again guys,
Taylor
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AKC-Silver-Labrador-Pups/384062408358447

zabooda
03-11-2013, 03:15 AM
tgoody, you may want to recheck the AKC standard for the Labrador Retriever as a silver is at best a variation of the Chocolate Lab and your parent AKC club says it is not a pure bred at all. Just saying.

http://thelabradorclub.com/subpages/show_detail_news.php?nid=3

http://www.akc.org/breeds/labrador_retriever/breed_standard.cfm

tgoody14
03-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Yes. I clearly stated that these Silvers are still registered through AKC under Chocolate.
Just a matter of time before the color Silver is added. There was a time when Black was the only color Labrador registered through AKC as well, but they now have Chocolate and Yellow as options.
Skye's mother was a Chocolate who carried the Silver gene, allowing her to produce Silvers when bred to another lab, which was Silver, who carried the same gene.
When I said Pure Bred Silvers, I meant the Mother (Dam) and Father (Sire) of Skye's litter are both Silver in color.
Trust me, my dad still thinks the only REAL lab is a black lab! ;) We could go round and round on this issue... Haha
Thanks for the info,
Taylor