PDA

View Full Version : 2009 LSV Garage Dimensions

KEH
02-15-2013, 03:13 PM
Hello

Building a house and looking for some advice on the garage size requirements to fit a 2009 LSV

The manual shows:

Overall width with trailer - 102" (8' 6")
Length with trailer - 25' 3"
Length with platform - 23' 6"
Length without platform - 21' 6"

My questions are:

How high is the boat with the tower folded?

If I pull the platform will the total length (including trailer) be 21'6" or stay at 25' 3"?

Are the lengths in the manual with the tongue folded?

My house plans call for a 25' length garage, with an 8' wide by 7' high garage door.
I will have to get at least a 9' wide door, just confused on if I really need more length (25' 3") and can't seem to find a height with tower folded.
My boat is in storage and not easy to access until the spring.

Thanks in advance for any for any input

Cheers
Kirk

mnpracing
02-15-2013, 03:40 PM
This is based on an 08 on a tandem axle trailer: It will fit a 7' door with tower folded, but ONLY if the tongue is lowered while backing in. With the tongue at trailering height (level) it is just an inch or so too high (depending on how accurately the builders made the framing). Go at least 8' if you can since you have the opportunity now. I think single axle trailers sit higher, but I'm not sure. You'll need the wider door too. Even at 9' that's only 3 inches on either side of the boat, so you have to be pretty good at backing that thing in.

mmandley
02-15-2013, 06:52 PM
This is based on an 08 on a tandem axle trailer: It will fit a 7' door with tower folded, but ONLY if the tongue is lowered while backing in. With the tongue at trailering height (level) it is just an inch or so too high (depending on how accurately the builders made the framing). Go at least 8' if you can since you have the opportunity now. I think single axle trailers sit higher, but I'm not sure. You'll need the wider door too. Even at 9' that's only 3 inches on either side of the boat, so you have to be pretty good at backing that thing in.

The width is without the guide poles, so you have to remove them as well, they stick outside of the fenders.

Length with trailer - 25' 3" this should be 23.6
Length with platform - 23' 6 this should be 25.3

The boat on the trailer, with out the swim deck and a folding tongue will fit in a 23ft deep garage. There wont be but a couple inches forward and aft.

As for Length i think you got 2 numbers mixed up.

snyderaaron
02-16-2013, 08:30 PM

How do you lower the tongue?

KEH
02-16-2013, 09:02 PM
Use some version of a hitch extender16887

KEH
02-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Mike I am not sure about your length numbers?
The ones I posted are right out of the manual

snyderaaron
02-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Use some version of a hitch extender16887

Will the trailer be able to reach it if its that low? I have a 2010 and want it to fit in my garage but it is about an inch to high.

KEH
02-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Not positive if this is what he meant by lowering the tongue...it was the only option that came to mind.
Perhaps mnpracing could clarify?

wolfeman131
02-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Some use a drop hitch, others have to unhook the boat from the tow vehicle and lower the jack.

mmandley
02-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Mike I am not sure about your length numbers?
The ones I posted are right out of the manual

I guess its how you look at it but this is the way i see it.

Overall width with trailer - 102" (8' 6")
Length with trailer - 25' 3"
The boat and trailer are longer then this with a Swim deck and shorter without..
Boat on the trailer with out a Swim deck is apx 24.4 feet including the wake plate.
Its apx 26.5 on the trailer with a swim deck.
Length with platform - 23' 6" This is just the boat, no trailer
Length without platform - 21' 6" This is just the boat with no trailer

KEH
02-16-2013, 09:58 PM
Thanks
Boat on the trailer without the swim deck was the number I was looking for.
So a minimum 25' length garage should just fit.
8' high by 10' wide door should work?

mmandley
02-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Thanks
Boat on the trailer without the swim deck was the number I was looking for.
So a minimum 25' length garage should just fit.
8' high by 10' wide door should work?

Yes with a 25 Deep you might even be able to leave the platform on and swing the tongue in but it will be real close. Fits perfect with the platform off.

iwaterskihard
02-16-2013, 10:06 PM
Build it big enough for more than just your boat so it's usful for you! I had a carport off the side of my garage that I enclosed last year before winter to store my boat. It has always been stored in a heated shop prior.
As the carport was there I just framed the walls in. I have to remove swim deck, lay tower over and the boat barely fits in. It does fit but for me the first thing I said to myself is "When I build my new shop/garage............I will make sure this fits with room and only thing I might have to do is lay tower over.
If you haven't started to build yet and have the options of being able to go bigger - DO IT! You won't regret it!

KEH
02-16-2013, 10:25 PM
I'd love to go BIG but I only have a 35' pocket to build on and there are also architectural guidelines to conform with.
My main concern was just being able to fit it in the garage if and when I decided to store it there.
Cheers

iwaterskihard
02-17-2013, 10:34 AM
I'd love to go BIG but I only have a 35' pocket to build on and there are also architectural guidelines to conform with.
My main concern was just being able to fit it in the garage if and when I decided to store it there.
Cheers

You need to move out of town so you can build what you want? Where you play at mostly? We play Monday - Thursday @ Wizard Lake then get the heck out before the weekend.

KEH
02-17-2013, 12:36 PM
Flip between Wizard and Jackfish mid week as well...way too busy on the weekends
Put most of the hours on the boat in the Okanagan for 3-4 weeks each year

mcdye
02-18-2013, 03:10 PM
Will the trailer be able to reach it if its that low? I have a 2010 and want it to fit in my garage but it is about an inch to high.

I use a similar hitch just for getting the boat in and out of the garage. Crank the trailer all the way down with trailer jack, then use a floor jack to lower on the garage hitch. Sound like a lot of work, but it is not. It was better then the first time I tried to get it in the garage, by letting air out of the tires.. :)

snyderaaron
02-18-2013, 07:38 PM
What hitch is that!? So you have ur boat trailer hitch up, then use the other one to lower it onto the other hitch?

mcdye
02-19-2013, 09:04 AM
What hitch is that!? So you have ur boat trailer hitch up, then use the other one to lower it onto the other hitch?

I have 2 hitches, one for trailering with and one for getting in and out of the garage. The garage hitch, I use a floor jack to get it on the ball, as the trailer jack will not go low enough.

Worlds22SSV
02-19-2013, 02:49 PM
i also have 2 hitches and use a floor jack, had my second hitch custom built it is a 16" drop, the tongue sits about 2" off the ground when i back into the garage. when the tower is folded i clear an 84" garage opening by less than an inch. My tower when down is about 6" above the windshield. Beats $150 in storage.....

parrothd
02-19-2013, 03:03 PM
i also have 2 hitches and use a floor jack, had my second hitch custom built it is a 16" drop, the tongue sits about 2" off the ground when i back into the garage. when the tower is folded i clear an 84" garage opening by less than an inch. My tower when down is about 6" above the windshield. Beats $150 in storage.....

I built a trailer mover with plans found on ebay and added a second 10' garage door on the rear of my garage so I can store the boat in my back yard during the winter. My garage front door access is via an alley so this lets me move the boat around to get everything lined up so I can push thru the other door into the yard.. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2skM1YDDFa8&feature=share&list=UU4iHW2v-FwLr8laNUDBnM0g

snyderaaron
02-19-2013, 09:25 PM
I have 2 hitches, one for trailering with and one for getting in and out of the garage. The garage hitch, I use a floor jack to get it on the ball, as the trailer jack will not go low enough.
Have any cheap recommendations for a hitch and a jack.

mcdye
02-20-2013, 08:50 AM
Have any cheap recommendations for a hitch and a jack.

this is the hitch i have for the garage

http://www.harborfreight.com/8-in-1-adjustable-ball-mount-hitch-95991.html

and floor jack

http://www.harborfreight.com/Floor-Jack-with-Rapid-Pump-3-Ton-Heavy-Duty-69227.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiMTg4MTU1NTciLCJza3Ui OiI2OTIyNyIsImlzIjoiNzkuOTkiLCJwcm9kdWN0X2lk%0D%0A IjoiODc4MSJ9%0D%0A

sicktc06
02-20-2013, 10:57 AM
I have an 09 I keep in the storage garage that has a 10 ft door, and I have a single axle trailer as well with the Z5 cargo rack. With my rack folded down and on my truck (leaving Z5 attached) I have inches to spare between that and the top of the door. Without the Z5 though however, I would have more clearance.
Just tossing out the Z5 information in case that helps any, possibly even in the future.