PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling out for the 2020 Olympics!

beat taco
02-12-2013, 04:25 PM
How could they (IOC) seriously vote to remove wrestling from the 2020 games? I hope this gets overturned.

zabooda
02-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Just like anything else. Someone threatens your sport you need to put resources (people and money) to save it. That applies to wrestling, boating, biking, guns, etc. The loudest voice gets the attention.

kaneboats
02-12-2013, 04:41 PM
USA is probably good at it. Time to kill it.

RobertJ
02-13-2013, 12:05 AM
We are a wrestling family and this really stinks. Wresting is such a pure sport and the Olympics is a showcase for the sport. The IOC has a one in one out policy and they are looking to possibly add a new sport so they had to pick one to possibly be out, wrestling. I hope the wrestling community makes enough noise both stateside and internationally to make them keep it. If it does go one of the options for replacement is wake boarding.

rdlangston13
02-13-2013, 01:15 AM
I heard the main choice for replacement is golf? What they need to do is keep wrestling, end ping pong, and add wakeboarding

Sent from my iPhone

beat taco
02-13-2013, 02:08 AM
The Americans are good wrestlers, hmm just like softball baseball?
In May wrestling will have to petition with six other sports all competing for one spot. Wake boarding is one of them. The other five are baseball/softball, roller sports, karate, sport climbing, and wushu.

I think wrestling has historical significance to the Olympics, is still relevant (over 70 countries compete!) unlike say the pentathlon, and the Olympics are the pinnacle of the sport. Three huge reasons to keep it.

So keep wrestling, dump the pentathlon, and add wake boarding :)

kaneboats
02-13-2013, 12:09 PM
The history is probably the most important part of this. What's next, we gonna quit having barefoot running races?