PDA

View Full Version : Hello Wisconsin

sandm
02-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Well, as creatures of habit, sometimes you have to really shake things up... lived pretty much my whole life in the Boise valley minus a short stint in pocatello and a year in Kalispell Montana so decided it was time to venture on..

Applied and got a nice promotion with my company and am relocating to the green bay area.

to be honest, not real crazy about the weather and walking into what will probably be a shorter boating season. my ultimate goal is to be neighbors with wolfe/kane/daze, but sometimes you have to make a sacrifice for the ultimate prize :) should look real good on the resume..

hope to be there in a month.
big shout out to new guy. he was awesome in answering the endless emails asking about the area over the last few months and look forward to meeting him and enjoying a beer jamming to some old zepplin in his new basement mancave...

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, but looking forward to what life will bring there...

kaneboats
02-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Congrats, Scott! Make sure you wear Bears gear everywhere so you get respect. See you in a few years when you head down this way.

mmandley
02-12-2013, 11:04 AM
Dam bro,

I was really expecting to see you in a couple months when i made the drive over to vist my G ma in Utah. Was looking forward to seeing and hearing that new ride you got.

Well best of luck to you man, was sure glad i got to meet and hang out with you in Oct.

New Guy
02-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Congratulations Scott!! It's warming up over here already the ice will be off soon enough. Your going to like the area the people are awesome and the beer is tasty. Hit me up when you need a hand.

wolfeman131
02-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Well, you're moving in the right direction. Another move to the East, then to the South and you'll find yourself in the jewel of the SE - Da ATL!

Great news for you. Change is hard. Recently went through a dramatic one myself with my career. But, change is also good and the good will eclipse any of the hard stuff.

Can wait to see some pics of you and the 'Loop rocking out to some tunes.

rc5695
02-12-2013, 01:30 PM
congrats on the job. hope it all works out well for ya. Nice adventure. But yes, the boating season length sucks unless you're super hardcore...And then it still isn't great. :p (from MI originally)

chawk610
02-12-2013, 02:50 PM
ok... first of all congrats on the promotion, second, I thought this was gonna be a "That 70's Show" thread

KG's Supra24
02-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Congrats on the opportunity

Chawk, I've been saying all morning ... We're all alright, HELLO WISCONSIN

sandm
02-12-2013, 03:10 PM
it will be interesting to see what there is to do there in the winter besides hole up in a basement :)

I do find it odd that almost every house there has one..

getting to gb is going to be a nightmare. I have decided that I have way too many toys to move :)

bergermaister
02-12-2013, 03:14 PM
And a fairly new house in ID? You going to become a slumlord, I mean, landlord and keep it as a rental or stick in on the market?

Congrats - major courage to make that kind of jump. The good/bad side of that - your boat will stay newer longer due to fewer hours... :(

wolfeman131
02-12-2013, 03:48 PM
it will be interesting to see what there is to do there in the winter besides hole up in a basement :)

Ya drill a hole in da ice there, drop down line with a worm and crack a few cold ones.

New Guy
02-12-2013, 03:59 PM
^ haha just got done doing that this past weekend.

There is enough to stay busy in the winter, I mean hell you going to be in GB there is da Packers up here you know lol.

kaneboats
02-12-2013, 04:40 PM
&%#$&% $%&@# Packers! Might wanna get a sled. I know a guy that knows a little about 'em.

sandm
02-12-2013, 04:52 PM
^man, now there's a name I completely forgot about. if he's in the vicinity, might have to look him up..

zabooda
02-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Congrats on the move. I always thought if I moved east I would sell off the toys as they seem to be higher priced out west and then rebuy when I get there. If I remember right, you are a Packers fan so indoctrination will be easy. I see family in Wisconsin during Oktoberfest every year. The best place to go for that.

moombadaze
02-12-2013, 05:27 PM
congrats on the promotion, hope the move goes smooth and the water is soft when ya get there.

jpetty3023
02-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Congrats on the promo and big move

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks

maxpower220
02-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Visit Bogus Basin before you leave. Boise is a very nice area, at least I thought that when I was there. I'm sure you will find something nice about GB.

rdlangston13
02-13-2013, 01:16 AM
Pheasant hunting is good in Wisconsin

Sent from my iPhone

ryan_8099
02-13-2013, 10:47 AM

I do find it odd that almost every house there has one..

getting to gb is going to be a nightmare. I have decided that I have way too many toys to move :)

Green Bay is 1 hr 40 minutes from our biggest hill - Granite Peak. Snowboarding is how I get through the winter.

Hoopskier
02-15-2013, 02:24 PM
Welcome to WI. Its the land of winter and then road construction. I am sure as time goes on, you will find adequete things to do. Events going on all year long. If you cant find something, then you just are not looking.

I know in Fremont the dealer host a wakeboarding competition. There are also many waterski show teams scattered throughout the state, along with a 4 day tournament for them in July.

sandm
03-16-2013, 03:04 PM
like deer, getting ready for the long drive..
finished my last day of work in the old building friday and now have a week to get moved. almost all packed. party tonight to say goodbye to a few close friends and family.. packing the uhaul up tues and hitting the road wed. with the plan to be in green bay on friday. going thru south dakota and hoping to see mt rushmore. nice to have an excuse to drive that way..
temporary housing for a week as the rental is not ready until the 30th. that'll suck with 2 dogs, but oh well.
listed the house on march 1st. had 7 offers by march 5 when I reviewed the first batch from mexico. got $5100 over asking and all-cash offer. should close on the 22nd. neighbors said it was a feeding frenzy with realtors and clients. we were in mexico and had teen girls housesitting, so had very limited hours to view so as not to be a pita to them..

now I just hope new guy has the mancave ready for my new place to crash. that shuffleboard table should sleep 2 nicely :)

deerfield
03-16-2013, 04:28 PM
had 7 offers by march 5 when I reviewed the first batch from mexico. got $5100 over asking and all-cash offer. should close on the 22nd.

That is HUGE! Man, am I pleased for you.

wolfeman131
03-16-2013, 08:44 PM
No doubt! How did you pull that off?