PDA

View Full Version : Lake Placid Marine, FL

jpetty3023
01-30-2013, 08:38 PM
anybody know this dealership? got a buddy looking at a boat there and need a hook up for him

sent from my home phone

jmvotto
01-30-2013, 09:45 PM
They obvious don't know what's going on!

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2013-Moomba-Mobius-XLV-GG-Edition-101872330

jpetty3023
01-30-2013, 10:38 PM
Uh oh, didnt SC discontinue the XLV for 2013!! YIKES

Reason I was asking if anyone knew this dealership is because my buddy is looking at the 2011 LSV. Been discounted pretty good but they are a few thousand off from reaching a deal. He has to have it delivered or drive down to fl from tx to pick it up so he's trying to factor those expenses in his offer

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks

mmandley
01-30-2013, 11:15 PM
Uh oh, didnt SC discontinue the XLV for 2013!! YIKES

Reason I was asking if anyone knew this dealership is because my buddy is looking at the 2011 LSV. Been discounted pretty good but they are a few thousand off from reaching a deal. He has to have it delivered or drive down to fl from tx to pick it up so he's trying to factor those expenses in his offer

If the Boat is New and he is trying to buy it then he wont be able to factor in the cost of shipping to the deal unless hes straight up asking for a discount. Technically FL isnt allowed to sell TX people new boats, it has to do with the reagional boundries for dealers.

If the boat is used and he wants to seal that deal, then he needs to make a serious offer and the dealer will take it or leave it, most likly if the boat has been sitting they will take it.

KG's Supra24
01-30-2013, 11:16 PM
Road trip!

Check bbb and maybe call another dealer around there. How did they get the boat? I bought mine, as a repo, from a small shop that wasn't an inboard dealer. I wouldn't have bought it without seeing it though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jmvotto
01-30-2013, 11:24 PM
I thought with a hold over you could sell out of territory, but mike is right give them a taketakeoff leave it offer.

jpetty3023
01-30-2013, 11:30 PM
It's a Moomba dealership far as I can tell but no supra's. looks like BU/Axis is their primary brand thou. Thinking they are trying to off load the remaining SC products. It is new, 0 hours but a 2011 model holdover

jmvotto
01-30-2013, 11:41 PM
It's a Moomba dealership far as I can tell but no supra's. looks like BU/Axis is their primary brand thou. Thinking they are trying to off load the remaining SC products. It is new, 0 hours but a 2011 model holdover

Looks really sharp IMO ...

moombadaze
01-31-2013, 08:48 AM
That black lsv has been advertised for a long time now, sharp looking boat.

also I do believe since it is not a current model year boat they can sell it to anyone regardless of the protected dealer territories

for a small fee Id be willing to go grab it, tow it to Pat(Kaneboats) in Tallahasse who could then tow it twords texas for the hand off.

wolfeman131
01-31-2013, 09:24 AM
for a small fee Id be willing to go grab it, tow it to Pat(Kaneboats) in Tallahasse who could then tow it twords texas for the hand off.

Oh, I'm liking this idea. I could meet you at Pat's and we could help with those pesky "break in" hours.

kaneboats
01-31-2013, 12:23 PM
I think that's the dealer that works with Dallas Friday and the legendary pink 'bu she had. I've never been down there. Yes, I'll take the handoff and tow it over toward Mobile. No problem.

jpetty3023
01-31-2013, 12:46 PM
My buddy is back and forth with the dealer now over the phone so got my fingers crossed. Told him I'm down forms road trip this weekend

kaneboats
01-31-2013, 01:08 PM
You guys can come crash here (I'm 10 min. off I-10) and I'll make you some breakfast, dinner, whatever on the way up and back. I'll PM you my address & phone number in case you wanna call me from the road or stop in for food or sleep.

DOCDRS
01-31-2013, 02:00 PM
I just might take you up on that Pat. My daughter just received a package from FSU today. Can you say Nole?

kaneboats
01-31-2013, 02:22 PM
You are absolutely welcome and your daughter should get to know us anyway if she's going to school here. I know some of the kids in the wakeboard club too.

You guys come down any time and plan on staying here if you can stand it. Always welcome!

jpetty3023
01-31-2013, 09:23 PM
Pretty good distance from Lake Placid to Tallahassee huh Kane. 899 miles from Belton to Tallahassee but add 6 more hours to LP. Fl big as Tx man

rdlangston13
02-01-2013, 03:51 AM
Pretty good distance from Lake Placid to Tallahassee huh Kane. 899 miles from Belton to Tallahassee but add 6 more hours to LP. Fl big as Tx man

No way, it's just long and skinny like a shoe string. Texas is a boot haha

Sent from my iPhone

kaneboats
02-01-2013, 11:14 AM

It's a haul. I've got your stopover covered each way though. Anything new going on today?

jpetty3023
02-01-2013, 01:39 PM
missed phone call from dealership last night cause we were drinking beer. he called back but dealership was closed. I'm waiting to hear from him today still

sent from my home phone

wolfeman131
02-01-2013, 02:07 PM
missed phone call from dealership last night cause we were drinking beer.

fine excuse. :)

kaneboats
02-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Excuse? No sir, that there is a solid REASON.

kaneboats
02-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Logged back in to see if there was any new info on the big road trip. Nothing. The silence is deafening. Oh well, maybe I'll go out in the garage, crack a beer and put on some tunes in my LSV.

jpetty3023
02-01-2013, 09:49 PM
my buddy is in process of securing financing. he's trying to decide whether it's better to go new or used. in trying my hardest to get him to go new and take a road trip. I'm off next week so what better time than now!

sent from my home phone

kaneboats
02-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Anything new on the big road trip?

jpetty3023
02-04-2013, 12:25 PM
he did a lake test Saturday on a local Epic for sale. price is a steal and my buddy really liked it. not sure which direction he is going to go. by time he can only finance the epic for 5 years it'll cost him the same as the brand new LSV. this is his first boat purchase so he's being very methodical.

only thing I know for sure is the Moomba at Lake Placid is the best deal in the country right now and IF he goes new he's going Moomba.

sent from my home phone

kaneboats
02-04-2013, 12:32 PM
only thing I know for sure is the Moomba at Lake Placid is the best deal in the country right now and IF he goes new he's going Moomba.

Hmmm. May have to check out the deal.

wolfeman131
02-04-2013, 01:43 PM
he did a lake test Saturday on a local Epic for sale. price is a steal and my buddy really liked it. not sure which direction he is going to go. by time he can only finance the epic for 5 years it'll cost him the same as the brand new LSV.

be a good friend & talk him out of the Epic. I've heard they produce a great wakeboard wake, but I would have concerns with warranty, maintenance and resale with that boat. Those all may be different in your area of the country.

rdlangston13
02-05-2013, 12:05 AM
be a good friend & talk him out of the Epic. I've heard they produce a great wakeboard wake, but I would have concerns with warranty, maintenance and resale with that boat. Those all may be different in your area of the country.

And they are ugly...

Sent from my iPhone

kaneboats
02-05-2013, 09:44 AM
I wasn't going to go there. I was just going to say how beautiful a new black LSV would look in TX.

jpetty3023
02-05-2013, 01:20 PM
And they are ugly...

Sent from my iPhone

So negative sometimes!! Epic's and toyotas ain't your thang huh David!!😜

rdlangston13
02-05-2013, 01:50 PM
So negative sometimes!! Epic's and toyotas ain't your thang huh David!!��

no they are not, the front end on them looks like someone ran it into a dock or something...

mmandley
02-05-2013, 09:56 PM
no they are not, the front end on them looks like someone ran it into a dock or something...

Id just like to hear the speakers on the back, do they really do anything? I mean at rest they would be pretty sweet for party coving it i think. but when surfing or wakeboarding they would be pointed at the water.

jpetty3023
02-06-2013, 07:36 PM
not sure bout the transom speakers. dude had 4 wet sounds on tower and all wet sounds inside boat. sounded real good but not sure bout transom cause water was cold and I wasn't getting in

sent from my home phone