PDA

View Full Version : Need advice/info on a new board

STBraley
01-30-2013, 12:41 PM
My wife is wanting to do some wake surfing this summer. She is an advanced skier and good kneeboarder. She weights about 120. What would be a good starter board for her?

Thanks for you help,

moombadaze
01-30-2013, 01:30 PM
lots of opinions on biginer boards, personnaly i favor the hyperlight broadcast's as a board to start out with, you will fastly outgrow it but its a good board for friends and family to try so there not using the personal board. you can find them on ebay fairly cheap too or look online for a clearance sale.

if ya can try to borrow some boards to try out at first

or

try some as a demo from a dealer

kaneboats
01-30-2013, 02:22 PM
I've been steering newbies to the Broadcast for years and I still ride mine a couple times every summer. Great "boat board" that everyone can ride so you can keep it forever. Go cheap and then figure out what style/size she likes for next year's board. Try out every board you can get your hands on this summer and it will all become clear.

sandm
01-30-2013, 02:37 PM
most boat shops offer a rental fee for a board that you can then apply toward purchase.
I'd go rent both a skim and a surf style and form an opinion on which way she wants to go and then apply those monies toward a new purchase. I used to recommend the broadcast, but the last few I've taught have had much better success on my phase5 daniello. at what you are indicating her skill levels are, I would bet she will quickly tire of the broadcast.

bergermaister
01-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Not to be a party pooper but I noticed your signature says a 2000 Glastron 195sx. Sure hope you're not surfing behind an I/O. :confused:

kaneboats
01-30-2013, 03:06 PM
Agree. I hope nobody is surfing behind an I/O. I think a Mojo is in his future though.

STBraley
01-30-2013, 05:18 PM
no worries, we will only be surfing behind the Mojo. That's one of the big reasons we are upgrading. As we get older the thought of 20 MPH behind the boat starts to become unappealing. :) But the kids will still want to ski / kneeboard and wakeboard.

Thanks again

wolfeman131
01-30-2013, 07:27 PM
if ya can try to borrow some boards to try out at first

This can easily be accomplished for you, Todd. You & the family have an open invite to Sinclair. I'll show you how we've set up our Mojo for surfing and there are several different styles, brands, models of boards for you all to try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

STBraley
01-31-2013, 10:10 AM
You & the family have an open invite to Sinclair. I'll show you how we've set up our Mojo for surfing and there are several different styles, brands, models of boards for you all to try.

Thanks Drew,

We will defiantly take you up on that offer this spring/summer.

kaneboats
01-31-2013, 12:24 PM
Another family in the family. Get your Mojo going on. Woo hoo. What color?

STBraley
01-31-2013, 08:19 PM
What color?

Going with a charcoal upper accent and a celestial blue main panel. My 7 year old is also going to ski camp this year which should make the boating experience better for everyone on the boat :) Trying to get her out of the tube and on to bigger things. She seems to take after her mom so I'm guessing she will love it....

And the family...

16774 16775 16776

kaneboats
02-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Nice combo, nice family. Maybe we'll see you this summer in GA.

moombadaze
02-01-2013, 01:41 PM
something else, the broadcast boards fit most wakeboard racks-

sounds like a nice Mojo, Like Pat said, maybe we will see you on Sinclair this summer