PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass is it worth it?

e420x
11-15-2005, 12:02 AM
I have a 2002 Moomba Outback, I am considering put a perfect pass in there. Does it really make that much of a difference? The lake we ride is usually not so smooth so sometime u need to play with the throttle to keep it going steady and keep it a good wake. Will PP help with this?

Yellowmobius
11-15-2005, 06:45 AM
I know once a guy has PP it would take a lot of money to take it from me!

I would highly recommend PP, I know I love it and it wil help the resale of your boat.

sextons
11-15-2005, 04:12 PM
The nice thing about PP is if you have friends or people unfamilair drive the boat it makes it more idiot proof, they can concentrate on driving and not hitting things instead of watching the rpm's or speedo. Also if you are wakeboarding with ballast you can adjust the settings to account for the amount of weight you have in the boat to keep the speed more exact.

stang67
11-15-2005, 08:07 PM
PP is great!. As stated it allows friends to be able to drive, heck even my girlfriend can now drive for me. It is one of the more important options to put on a boat, especially if your wakeboarding. Warning, once you have it on your boat, you wont want to be on a boat without it.

e420x
11-15-2005, 10:17 PM
Does anyone know how hard it is to install on a outback?

Yellowmobius
11-16-2005, 07:26 AM
I don't know for sure. I would have a dealer install it.
It should be an easy retro fit.

stang67
11-16-2005, 09:37 AM
I had mine installed by the dealer a year after I bought the boat, Did a great job and covered it, so i would have it done by a professional, but thats just me

Rugburn
11-16-2005, 12:49 PM
If anybody has been hauled across that lake on a wakeboard at 40mph with the wife driving, you doing the thumbs down signal until you burn out a rotator cuff while she is tending to the kids in the boat, knows that Perfect Pass is worth every cent.

smokedog2
11-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Didn't I discuss evpensive practice boats earlier?

Go work on a SeaDoo or something:p

and yes, it is worth the price. My big time skier friend scoffed when I got it (real men don't need cuise control), rode with it, and got it on his new Supra.

SD2

Will Watters
11-16-2005, 07:59 PM
As Mladen Sekulovich once said,

Don't leave home without it...

marchina
11-16-2005, 10:43 PM
perfect pass = marriage saver

thcous
11-23-2005, 09:25 PM
I recently purchase a Mobius XLV. It did not have Perfect Pass. I ran the boat for about 4 weekends before I determined, I needed it. I find that since I have had it installed, I can spend more time enjoying watching my family have fun behind the boat rather than concentrating on trying to keep the speed right. I had the dealer install the Perfect Pass and has been the best money I have spent on the boat. I highly recommend it.

Have fun and be safe

06-08-2006, 09:44 AM
Perfect pass is awesome. I had it installed in March and it works great. Like someone said earlier it make driving the boat fool proof.

06-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by sextons
The nice thing about PP is if you have friends or people unfamilair drive the boat it makes it more idiot proof, they can concentrate on driving and not hitting things instead of watching the rpm's or speedo. Also if you are wakeboarding with ballast you can adjust the settings to account for the amount of weight you have in the boat to keep the speed more exact.

I don't want idiots driving my boat!

07-04-2006, 12:00 PM
My wife drove an Outback this morning without perfect pass, after a few pulls she refused to drive anymore and wanted to go get our boat with PP. Infact, that is exactly what we did. I think it is the best addition to the boat.