PDA

View Full Version : New Moomba Owner

docster
01-16-2013, 05:15 PM
Just bought my first DD boat, its a 1998 Moomba Mobuis, has the 325hp motor, 295 hrs, tower, not sure if its factory or not. I still have lots to learn about, havent actually picked it up, just paid for it, my uncle looked at it, said to go for it, its in FL, I am in MI. Before you say dont buy sight unseen, my uncle is my eyes, he has owned several DDs and thats why i had him look it over and test drive it for me, and why I looked for boats in his area too, they are just much cheaper in FL than here in MI (stupid boating premium). I plan to head down in a week or 2 to pick it up, my uncle has it sitting in his driveway right now, so not in a huge rush since we have snow and ice still...well, sorta. hoping its going to be a fun boat for the family and hopin the freeboard is high enough to let us load up with people and stay dry. Anyways, Pics to come.

wolfeman131
01-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Nice score!

And, welcome to the forum. But, what's the deal? Your Uncle doesn't own a digital camera? Get us some pics, man!

docster
01-16-2013, 05:30 PM
haha...here is a low quality pic from add for you. better to come.16736

wolfeman131
01-16-2013, 05:35 PM
looks great!

we need our fix here while the boats are put away.

but . . . . . the countdown is on! maybe only 6-8 more weeks before we pull the boat out of storage. :)

jpetty3023
01-16-2013, 06:11 PM
But a very long 6-8 weeks. Great looking boat and welcome brotha

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks

chadjitsu1
01-16-2013, 07:34 PM
Very nice looking boat. I think that is the original factory tower if I'm not mistaken?

Mikey
01-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Nice looking boat. As for the freeboard ,its a little low especially when loaded up but you just need to drive carefully,and be mindfull of really rough water. You will be ok. I'm sure there are more than a few of us that have gotten WET and not just in the LOW Riding DD's.

mparker2997
01-16-2013, 10:57 PM
Nice looking boat. As for the freeboard ,its a little low especially when loaded up but you just need to drive carefully,and be mindfull of really rough water. You will be ok. I'm sure there are more than a few of us that have gotten WET and not just in the LOW Riding DD's.

Yep! Nose dive in big waves will completely soak the wife relaxing in the bow. Give it a little gas to get the bow over those waves.

Very nice looking boat. Congratulations! Your going to pass a lot of opportunities to launch it between FL and MI

bergermaister
01-17-2013, 02:31 AM
Sweet looking boat - welcome to the family!

Don't you mean throttle up, then cut it and drop the bow right in front of that big roller coming at you? Good way to rinse off the front seats, make sure there's nothing sticking to them like lotion, beer, mouthy teenagers, in-laws, etc.

chawk610
01-17-2013, 11:42 AM
That's plenty of boat to party on! Congrats!

kaneboats
01-17-2013, 12:10 PM
It sure passes the "eye" test. Nice looking boat. What town is it in?

You might think about waiting a couple of months and heading down for a week or a long weekend. Get to know your new boat a little in FL sunshine before you put her away till May up there. Also, no sense towing her back through all the salted roads just to have her sit there.

zabooda
01-21-2013, 04:23 PM
Good choice of boat.