PDA

View Full Version : Dry Suit Recommendations

AZ_Calling
11-14-2005, 10:45 AM
I am in the market for a dry suit but don't have any experience with them. Can someone recommend one and a good a good place to buy them online?

Thanks

BensonWdby
11-17-2005, 08:27 AM
Hey Ed - what design feature do they have around the ankles and wrists? Are they just narrow or do they have rolled cuffs? I would be very interested in your findings after being on the water.
Do you start with both feet in?
When you ski without a wet suit do you use a spray protector on your back leg?

Wish I could still be out there. But it is 3 degress here right now.....

Dave

BensonWdby
11-17-2005, 06:58 PM
Ed - you're funny....

I kind of figured you wore the suit with both feet in.
What I was wondering was whether your slalom start is with both feet in o one foot.

My current wet suit rides up on my calf because I start with back leg out. Then I have to try to straighten it out while skiing to avoid spray bruise. Since I fall regulalry, this gets to be very annoying. So a reasonably priced wet suit like yours would interest me if it stays put around the leg cuffs. Some suits have a 'rolled' cuff to encurage them to be snugger. This is different than a folded cuff.

Regarding spray leggins - I had a real nice one that stayed put but is really worn out. I recently bought an IT leggin from Ski Limited - medium. It refuses to stay up when getting out of the water or when skiing hard. So I triead a small - no help.

So I am pretty frustated with underdesigned wet suit gear.

Will be interested on how you like it.

Dave