PDA

View Full Version : rain x

marchina
11-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Is it safe to apply rain x to the windshield?

Buttafewcoe
11-14-2005, 07:19 AM
imho, once you start using rain-x, you are committed to a task of regular applications of the stuff. I have tried it on auto windshields and it does work. I don't see why it wouldn't work on any type of tempered glass. However, w/o regular applications, it seems to degrade fairly quickly, and the windshield wipers don't seem to work as good when you do have to start using them again.
Hope this helps
Butta

marchina
11-14-2005, 11:11 PM
Today before went to wakeboard my wife and i apply rain x to the front windshields and we left the sides without rain x to see the diference, and let me tell you that it´s great before rain x it was a mayor pain ........ to clean the windshield due to the salt (by the way i´m sick of it) but now it´s very easy.

Thanks butta.

Best regards

Simon

stang67
11-14-2005, 11:26 PM
Sorry didnt see this post earlier. I too ride in salt water, great rivers of the chesapeake bay. I use rain x as well. It helps greatly cleaning the windshield of salt. A quick rinse with the hose takes it right off. Glad to hear it worked well for you

Nafplio
11-14-2005, 11:31 PM
I use Sprayway glass cleaner. The lady who replaced my truck windshield gave it to me. Works pretty well, no salt though.
It really sucks to be able to wakeboard in mid-November. It was 34 degrees in my town today. I'm jealous;)

lowdrag
11-15-2005, 02:11 AM
I just wax the windshields the same as the rest of the boat. The water doesn't run off quite as well as with rain x but it offer better protection and is easy to get the glass clean with a wipe down after having the boat out. It also lasts a lot longer.

marchina
11-15-2005, 10:48 AM
Sorry to hear that you´re 34°, Here the water temp is 76° a little windy but still nice wakeboarding, sun here burns to kill, by the way do you know something as a baby bubble that fits inside my mobius lsv. my 2 year old son sleeps directly in the sun bimini not good enough to cover him.

Best regards

Simon

Nafplio
11-15-2005, 02:41 PM
No, sure don't. A friend of mine has a 2yr old girl he takes in his MC Prostar all the time. He has a giant bimini that seats pretty low and is attached to the windshield (no tower). It seems to work for him.

marchina
11-15-2005, 10:34 PM
Thanks

see ya!

Simon