PDA

View Full Version : Where/how to buy AR-15 stripped lower?

dhyams
01-11-2013, 01:24 PM
And how much can you reasonably get one for nowadays?

I'd like to build an AR-15 and know that I have to start with a stripped lower, but that's about all I know. That and there are build-it videos on youtube.

Do you just go to your local gun stores and look for one, or do you have to order it?

tgoody14
01-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Prices are through the roof right now due to everyone in a panic and are willing to pay 2x, sometimes 3x, of what USED to be the normal cost.

If you don't already have a Lower and/or don't already have a good connection through your local gun shop, then you will have a hard time finding almost anything that relates to the AR15/M4 world.

Just to give you a few examples.
ARs that were bought last month for $1k are now selling on gunbroker dot com for $3k.
AR magazines that used to sell for $15 are now going for $50-100 a piece!
I have an order through Brownells for a 10pk of Pmags that's been on back order since Dec. 20th

If you don't already have a lower I would suggest just waiting out the storm and hope all this stuff blows over and no bans get passed. If that's the case there will be plenty of people needing to sell what they purchased during the "panic" to help pay off those credit cards they just ran up... 😎

Hoopskier
01-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Not sure about the laws in your state. But the lower is the part that is registered so you may end up going through a dealer as some point even if you order it online. I am trying to be paitent and optimistic as well. I have been watching a website call armslist.com Its the guns version of craiglist. In WI all private party guns sales are legal as long as they are between WI residence and no need to go through a dealer.

lsvboombox
01-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Prices are through the roof right now due to everyone in a panic and are willing to pay 2x, sometimes 3x, of what USED to be the normal cost.

If you don't already have a Lower and/or don't already have a good connection through your local gun shop, then you will have a hard time finding almost anything that relates to the AR15/M4 world.

Just to give you a few examples.
ARs that were bought last month for $1k are now selling on gunbroker dot com for $3k.
AR magazines that used to sell for $15 are now going for $50-100 a piece!
I have an order through Brownells for a 10pk of Pmags that's been on back order since Dec. 20th

If you don't already have a lower I would suggest just waiting out the storm and hope all this stuff blows over and no bans get passed. If that's the case there will be plenty of people needing to sell what they purchased during the "panic" to help pay off those credit cards they just ran up... ��

People are crazy... I was just at my local cabelas and they had about 8 ar15 variants. Shouldve bought them and put em on gunbrocker

smokedog2
01-12-2013, 11:05 AM
http://www.3dprinter.net/gunsmith-makes-rifle-with-3d-printer

Have fun out there.

sandm
01-12-2013, 12:24 PM
guys at work have said the same thing. wait it out.

04OUTBACK
01-13-2013, 11:23 AM
Look at www.allstartactical.com

I know owner from when I was in NY. He makes a nice lower and was taking preorders on next batch of lowers at great price. I have one complete from him and a new stripped lower and upper at my ffl to pick up

Find the lower and I can get you more building resources. I have built 5 so far