PDA

View Full Version : Indmar Water Pump

moombamania
04-30-2003, 12:03 PM
Is anybody else experiencing a high failure rate of your water pump. We have a 2000 Outback/LS w/Indmar engine and had to replace the pump June 2001. Closed out 2002 season with it making some noise and now have another failing.

Courious if I am just lucky this way or if others are seeing the same results.

Catdog1
04-30-2003, 10:15 PM
Our 99 outback has been leaking some water from the waterpump for 2 summers. Water appears to discharge from the shaft bushing and gets slung by the lower pulley all around the front of the engine ( just like the water pump on a car engine when it goes bad ).

Is this what you experienced? Where do I get a replacement?

moombamania
05-01-2003, 08:57 AM
Thats the failure I have had. The pump itself is a crossover piece and does not have to come from a Moomba/Supra dealer (unless you are under warrenty) Most large marine repair will stock. It seems to run around $130 in the region I am buying from.

I would like to know if there is anything an owner can do to help prevent this bearing/seal problem.

Brian Raymond
05-01-2003, 11:01 PM
Unfortunately, there were some pump issues on some motors from '99-'00. I strongly suggest staying with O.E.M. parts, whether under warranty or not. Either purchase the pump through the dealer, or from Indmar,(www.indmar.com). Please make sure to have hull # and motor #(starting w/IC) readily available.Brian Raymond

moombamania
05-02-2003, 08:46 AM
Thanks Brian,

Is there any way to know the manufacture's date of the Indmar water pump. I am going to have to replace again soon and would like to avoid the 99-00 parts stock if possible.

Thanks

Brian Raymond
06-12-2003, 11:04 PM
All of the replacement circ. pumps have the updated seal.Brian Raymond