PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Outback Swim platform surface

Lynn Syndrom
01-07-2013, 09:49 PM
I am looking to add a swim platform cushion / surface to our boat this year. The platform has three sections of the black rubber / plastic from the factory. My questions is - do I have to replace it with a three section cushion or can a one section cushion be used?

Any other options other than Seadek?
Thanks for the info.

viking
01-07-2013, 09:59 PM
You can replace it with whatever design you want. Once you peel the old stuff off and clean it up real good, you have the whole platform as your canvas. Seadek is by far the most popular choice. Great product. Extremely comfy, easy to install, and comes in a kit cut to fit your specific platform (either 3 piece -or- 1 piece design).
Hydroturf is another option but you'd have to make a template yourself. Or you can always use your existing OEM matting as a guide. Whatever you get you want the adhesive backing.
I personally liked the one piece so when I tore mine off I went seadek 1 piece. Haven't looked back.

kaneboats
01-07-2013, 11:08 PM
I have had both. I love the 3 piece one I have now cuz it looks very cool and was super easy to intall. Can't go wrong either way.

jmvotto
01-07-2013, 11:33 PM
I have had both. I love the 3 piece one I have now cuz it looks very cool and was super easy to intall. Can't go wrong either way.

Plus one on the three piece , easy to install and looked great.

Lynn Syndrom
01-14-2013, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the help. I will send some pics when it is done.

kaneboats
01-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Cool! We'd love to see it.