PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Golf Suggestions?

ehoglund
01-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Planning the annual "guys golf trip" & figured I would ask for course suggestions.
We are headed to the Orlando area this year (cheap lodging was the key this time around).

Does anyone have any courses that they would recommend to a bunch of hack from New England? Not too expensive, but maybe a hidden local "gem".

I know it is not boating, but this helps me get through the winter.

Thanks

kaneboats
01-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Some ideas for you:
1. Sign up for golfnow.com (choose Orlando). They will email you tee time deals at about 5 am every day.
2. Check out Groupgolfer.com and sign up. There's a deal every day but most are from greater Orlando area if you sign up for FL. Free to join but you have to purchase rounds ahead of time and print coupons. I use this all the time.
3. Nice course and pretty reasonable: Falcon's Fire Golf Club-- falconsfire.com
4. Real nice but kind of pricey: Hawks Landing-- golfhawkslanding.com

kaneboats
01-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Got a link to this deal from Group golfer this morning. This is typical if you get. Be sure to sign up for their daily emails if you didn't already.

http://www.groupgolfer.com/deals.php?id=1002397

ehoglund
01-09-2013, 01:22 PM
thanks
Much appreciated.

kaneboats
01-31-2013, 12:04 PM
So, did you guys go play yet? Where did you play and let's hear your reviews.

ehoglund
01-31-2013, 12:40 PM
Not yet, another month or so. Have to suck up more cold weather before we can go.
We are playing Southern Dunes, Grand Cypress, Remington, Legends, & one other. Of course that is in between all the stops at the local watering holes.

kaneboats
01-31-2013, 01:05 PM
You guys have a great time and be sure to file a full report with pics when you get back. Come spend some money in sunny FL.