PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh Fooeey

Aquaholic
11-04-2005, 01:04 PM
you get “No Worries” performance, reliability and comfort for about $10,000 less than other boats. So, if you want to get more than what you pay for, get Moomba, mate.......
Only time will tell........but I have worried, and I have had reliability problems and I have had some performance problems, and I have had some comfort problems having to ask IS THIS THE WAY IT IS?? What if I had spent more where would I be in the boat world today as it is I now own a this year model XLV. I wonder :-{

Signed;
One Very Disappointed Boat Payment Maker

qb12
11-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Aquaholic,

Sorry you have had some problems with your xlv. I have yet to have any mechanical problems with mine.

However as Ed said, most of the companies use the same engines, trans and so forth. If you ever get a chance to to mc's, bu, sn and tige's website and you will see many other people having problems.

So in my opinion you paid $10K less than they did but still have the same headache.

Hopefully you will get the bugs worked out and everything will go great from there.

ps, still have my yellow outback for sale.

Doug, t-town

EUSTACE
11-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Aquaholic,

Speaking from my own experience with Moomba. I would have to say they are right on. My 01 Outback LS has performed flawless and I got it new for what I think was a good deal.

What are some of the specific issues you have had with your boat? Unfortunately all companies put out lemons every now and again. I was talking to a guy just last weekend that traded in his X-start for a Tige` because of ongoing problems with the X-star.

Peace, E.

Catdog1
11-04-2005, 08:22 PM
This is the low- to lower-middle end.

For a perfectionist its probably the wrong boat.

For a guy wanting a basic work-horse ski boat, its generally ok.

There are exceptions, yours may be one.

smokedog2
11-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Don’t be calling my boat low end!

SD2

Aquaholic
11-07-2005, 06:56 PM
Now I feel that I should quality my moaning: I will say that SC is and has stood behind the boat. But what my beef is is that the boats not even one year old. It has been at the dealership for almost a month and this week the third week plus a day or two its being looked at.

But what will next year be like? I just thought the boat would be like a car. You pay $45,000 for a Lexus say and have a list of 15 items long and I think you'd feel like "What the $%#$ Over!!!

And Yes I am a perfectionist, and yes my expections are the same!! Dirt can be cleaned, fuel pumps and gel coat and radios that fail ETC. ETC. errrrrrrr
I've just had to many weekends of friends saying "wow that's broken already and its a brand new boat....Dude what were you thinking." Now I'm mad......and I hate feeling that I have bought the wrong thing cause there's really no taking it back to da stow.

Anyway I will wait and wait and see.

Aquaholic

05mobiusxlv
11-07-2005, 08:32 PM
Aquaholic

Email me at [email protected]. I have been through this. We should talk. I have some suggestions, that might be of help to you.

wakechick
11-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Take a chill pil and take the microscope goggles off. Has the boat performed and done what you want it to do? Just bustin your b***s. Enjoy the boat and quit being so a**l

LOL:p

Aquaholic
11-08-2005, 12:08 AM
Aaaahhh....Now Who let the the flight attendent talk on the radio?

Nafplio
11-09-2005, 12:47 AM
Sorry to hear about the problems with your boat. Nothing major I hope...It's a drag to spent a lot of money and not get what you expect.
To minimize downtime due to dealer being busy, you could try doing some stuff yourself. I find I learn a lot doing just that. It also makes me appreciate my investment more.
I'd be pretty firm with the dealer. Hope you have a better summer next year.

smokedog2
11-09-2005, 08:01 AM
Ok, but I liked the flight attendant line better ;)

SD2

wakechick
11-09-2005, 11:22 AM
The plane could not get off the ground without the flight attendant. Must have the cocktails

:)