PDA

View Full Version : Swim platform brackets

Vdawg
04-28-2003, 04:43 PM
On my 2001 mobius v. the brackets that hold the swim platform have 3 bolts on the top that have nuts on the inside of the boat, but the bottom 2 bolts just screw into the boat into some wood or somthing, I cant even find a way to get to the back side of the bottom bolts on the brackets, the holes are compleetly stirpped on both sides, and if you pull up on my platform, it pulls the whole bracket away from the boat. It's cracking the fiberglass around the brackets, and causing some good leaking into the boat, Anyone got any ideas on how I can fix this? Would somthing like this be under warranty.

Yellowmobius
04-29-2003, 08:19 AM
I have often wondered if anyone else has had this problem. I too have a 2001 Mobius and after the first summer I noticed some spider cracking around the swim platform. I thought it was just cosmetic, however I took it to a local glass shop and they thought otherwise. After contacting Skiers Choice and working out the warranty details we went ahead with the repair. They ended up cutting two, 1 foot by 1 foot sections out of the back around each platform foot. They put in two thick pieces of alumminum (SP) and reglassing. They did an excellent job, the boat looks great and the swim platform is stronger than it was from factory. I suggest you talk to your dealer about warranty.

tygger6069
05-01-2003, 10:07 PM
vdawg,

just a short note, we have a 2000 kamberra(same as the mobV) and we had a similiar problem. Skiers Choice worked with us and a local glass shopto fix it. It turned out to be a warranty thing and they were really greaat about it. The glass shop had to replace the filler between the fiberglass layup. The platform is now stronger than ever. Great boat and lots of fun with almost 200 hours on it. Hope this helps.

tygger

tygger6069
05-01-2003, 10:09 PM
vdawg,

just a short note, we have a 2000 kamberra(same as the mobV) and we had a similiar problem. Skiers Choice worked with us and a local glass shopto fix it. It turned out to be a warranty thing and they were really greaat about it. The glass shop had to replace the filler between the fiberglass layup. The platform is now stronger than ever. Great boat and lots of fun with almost 200 hours on it. Hope this helps.

tygger

moombamania
05-02-2003, 09:48 AM
Platform Concerns,

Have been reading this thread with interest. We have a 2000 Outback/LS and luckily have yet to see this problem, but does not mean it will not appear at some point.

If this comes up later in the boats life is it covered by Skiers Choice "Limited Lifetime Warranty for the hull, deck, floors and stringers"? Or is it something I should have addressed now as preventative?

Catdog1
05-03-2003, 05:51 AM
Me too. Ours is a '99 outback. No stress cracks, no looseness so far. Could it be a non-issue for '99 and '00 ????

Brian Raymond
05-04-2003, 10:20 PM
The Outback hulls have not had a single issue with that problem. I feel comfortable, stating that, there will be no direct connections between these concerns. Brian Raymond

RD
06-19-2003, 05:05 PM
I have a 2001 Kamberra and have noticed spider cracking around the swim platform brackets this spring. Is this problem with the 2001 Kamberra.

pike1990
06-21-2003, 10:09 AM
I have a 2001 mobius V and I am having this problem.

tygger6069
06-22-2003, 11:39 AM
RD and PIKE1990

I had a similiar problem with our 2000 Kamberrera, started with us noticing the spider cracks. Skiers Choice was great in working with us through our dealer and with a local glass shop to get it fixed. Hope that this helps. Really enjoy our Boat and saved enough on the boat to get a new tow vehicle too. Hopefully will have pix in the future to show everyone