PDA

View Full Version : Tube reviews

smokedog2
10-30-2005, 11:54 AM
I'm going to need one or two new tubes and am looking for some recommendations.

Here are my reviews of three tubes (of course I never pull these behind my boat, I WAKEBOARD like the cool people!)

Monster Tube – Holds 4, Five years old, patched twice and by far the favorite. Nearly impossible to flip at responsible speeds the kids love it, deep, bouncy and stable. Very little spray in the face. A great deal at around $100. The attached picture makes a liar out of me but tube wars involve hopping back and forth between tubes playing king of the hill.

Tom Cat – We have had up to 4 on it but that is really loaded. Hard on the neck after laying down a long time, it can get some real snap on the neck if the driver is not careful. It is my favorite to ride. If it starts to look bad, I just bail out. Moderate spray, I do not usually wear goggles.

Speed Zone. – Two person. We broke the webbing that connects to the rope, in part because it was a difficult tube to start. If you took off too slow the front tended to dive and you would submarine the riders. Kinda fun to do to new people on the boat but it got old. My top tube speed is 20-25 MPH, you need that and more to get this tube up on plane, even with kids in it. Once going it was the favorite tube of the adult women. Inflated head rests and padded bottoms, I never flipped this tube and they chatted away. You got a lot of spray off this tube, goggles helped a lot.

smokedog2
10-30-2005, 11:58 AM
pix try 2 - ok I'm failing on the pictue, jpeg 106 KB, it says contact system admin. Can anyone else post a pix?

SD2

Buttafewcoe
10-30-2005, 12:11 PM
What the heck is a tube?????......no just kidding, we had a "big bertha' that evry1 seemed to like to ride I pulled behind the Bayliner. 2 adults or 3 kids at a time. Have yet to pull a tube behind the Outback. would like to see that pic sd2.
Butta

james yarosz
10-31-2005, 08:51 AM
My sons have always used "Super Tubes".They usually go through two pairs a year.(they tube constantly) Problem is no one seems to carry them anymore.The last few years they don't seem to hold up as well.They like "BIG" air.On large wakes and waves they get 10 to 12 feet in the air.Hopefully someday they'll grow up and start Boarding or skiing.;)

cola
11-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Just purchased a Connely mega wing on ebay, and my kids loved it. It's a three person tube and very stable for kids or women. I've also used a "Big Mama", which is basically like a big bertha, and everyone loved that as well. During the season, they're available at Costco for $150. I've also had two different Speed Zone tubes, a double and a triple, and both sucked. They both went flat on first outing. I won't be wasting any money on that brand anymore. The only time we really tube is when the water is too rough to ride or ski, and the mega wing and big mama really handle/smoothe the chop for the riders.

Tiltboy
11-01-2005, 08:33 PM
I saw a guy this year riding the aquaglide. I think overtons has it. It looks like a big matress. With one person on it, attached to the tower, the guy was getting higher than the top of the tower. It was really wild. I have seen pictures of the Manta Ray, and it looks like similar air time. We have a big flat saucer the kids(3-4 person) ride at times. You have to watch out for it diving nose first. It's not as bad when you attach it to the tower.

smokedog2
11-08-2005, 08:46 AM
pix test