PDA

View Full Version : Outback vs. Mobuis LSV, suggestions please!!

steen92
10-30-2005, 09:46 AM
I'm starting to research my first time purchase of a wakeboard boat, from what I've found, the moomba looks like the best deal.

The closest dealer has a 05 Outback that was used for the local ski team with 140 hours on it, with Indmar assault mpi 340 hp engine, tonneau covers, radacage tower, 3-blade cnc prop, perfect pass wakepro, moomba laser etched pop-up cleats, with full warranty for $26.5k. I have driven the outback, reverse sounded really loud, passenger front seat slid as we took off, normal wear on the carpet, minor cosmetic damage to the bow from loading the boat.

They also have a 05 Mobius LSV for $32k with 325 HP MPI, Snap Cockpit Cover, Snap Tonneau Cover, Bimini Top, Docking Lights, Stainless Steel Rubrail, Hydraulic Wakeplate, Depth Finder, Kenwood CD AM/FM w/Remote, Pop-up Cleats, Sing-A-Way Tongue, Spare Tire & Bracket.

My first thought was to stay around the low to mid 20’s for price and that’s why I drove the Outback, does anyone have any input on the Outback vs. the Mobius LSV?

Thanks…

steen92
10-30-2005, 09:54 AM
sorry, it's not a Mobuis LSV, it's an Outback LSV.

smokedog2
10-30-2005, 11:19 AM
You can do a search of this BB and get some good info. I friend with a Supra DD just bought a Supra V drive. He is serious slalom skier but his kid and everyone else WB & (dare I say it) tube. The V drive provides a lot more usable space when you are towing someone.

How you plan to use the boat is the biggest factor. Lots of ski – DD, lots of tube, kneeboard, WB, skate, surf – V drive. Unless skiing is what YOU do, cus you're buying the boat..

IMHO on the back end you can sell the V drive for the difference if not better so really, the price is the same.

Get Perfectpass, it is not an option! You also need a tower. Even if you just use it for board racks, you need a tower.

SD2

Buttafewcoe
10-30-2005, 12:17 PM
I love my DD, but kinda regret not getting the V-Drive cos we wb like crazy. It was the wake we were looking for. The Outback (mine's an '04) will throw a nice wake, but you got to weigh it down. Right now our ballast weight is up to bout 1150#, and that's just beside the motor box and factory under the seat in the back. Looking at another to go between the seats in the bow. Don't know when that'll happen (maybe over the winter?). But, like I said, I love my Outback.
Hope this helps
Butta

Gharvin
10-31-2005, 08:24 AM
2005 Moomba Outback For Sale
Boat has less than 50 hours
Upgraded 325 MPI motor
Brittany Blue and White
Platinum Interior
Flush Kit
Pop up Cleats
Tower with Racks
audiformz tower speakers
Kicker KS6.5 around the boat

Located in Atlanta Georgia
Bought brand new in late June 05

$25,500

Email for pics [email protected]
Can't get them to upload.

I need to get rid of this boat asap!!

Gharvin
10-31-2005, 08:25 AM
warranty can also be transfered on my boat through my dealer

Yellowmobius
10-31-2005, 09:12 AM
I would go with the v-drive.

I had a 2001 Mobius d-drive, great boat. I was checking out ebay and I ended up buyinga 2004 Mobius v-drive, LOVE the V-drive. Lots more room and the open area!
Oh yeah, the wake is a lot bigger!

Dave A
10-31-2005, 02:56 PM
I would go with the v-drive also. I have a 2005 Mobius LS and would like to have the ski pylon is the back instead of the middle. The extra room would really be nice. Don't skimp, get what you want. The boats, if taken care of, will last a long time. If you can afford to, get what you want the 1st time. Why buy a boat you don't really want, just to buy another one in a few years. There are alot of different financing options. You could also wait until the '06 come out and buy at the boat show. You should be able to buy an Outback V with the wakeboard package for about what the LSV is being offered for.

Wakesup
10-31-2005, 07:55 PM
I have a 05 Mobius LSV for sale. Give me an email and I'll fill you in.

[email protected]

stang67
11-01-2005, 01:05 PM
I would go for the V drive as well. Have put 345 hours on my 2003 outback ls. But for a good wakeboard wake we have to use near 2000#s. We have the factory ballast, then bags all over the floor, beside the motor and upfront. Though they are comfortable to sit on, not the most practical. The Vdrive also offers more storage space as well as what i feel are better sitting arrangements. Either way, going witha moomba is the way to go.

steen92
11-01-2005, 02:33 PM
I really appreciate all the in-put given to me, many thanks!!