PDA

View Full Version : Warranty & Service Concerns

rowe99
04-28-2003, 05:47 AM
After considerable comparison shopping I am ready to buy either an Outback or an Outback LS. For wakeboarding, assuming that weighted sacks are used, is there a significant difference in performance? What about bigger water - Does the Outback LS handle better in rough water?

Overall, I'm very impressed with the quality to price ratio. One concern, however, has been a comment provided by a competing product salesman. He said that his dealership had carried Moomba boats for awhile, but dropped them because of the company's poor response to warranty and service issues - they had trouble getting defects covered under warranty. Is there any truth to this, or have I been speaking with an oversealous competitor?

Jon
04-28-2003, 10:24 AM
I've always heard the exact opposite about Moomba's customer service. They have always handled our service and warranty issues very promptly. We have never had a problem with them. They have excellent customer service and are really nice. They only problem I am having is finding a dealer within 5 hours from me. Its hard to get someone to work on the boat. As far as the Outback LS, I have a Mobius which is the same hull and everything. It handles great in rough water. When the water is really rough, I fill the ballast so that it rides deeper in water. You have to go slower but it handles great.

Bobby
04-28-2003, 11:04 AM
I have a 99 Outback and have had excellent results with Skier's Choice and with Brian Raymond. I am 3.5 hours away from the nearest dealer but have found that Brian will make ever attempt to help with on line questions. I am also very pleased with my dealer, South Austin Marine.

Bobby
04-28-2003, 11:05 AM
I have a 99 Outback and have had excellent results with Skier's Choice and with Brian Raymond. I am 3.5 hours away from the nearest dealer but have found that Brian will make ever attempt to help with on line questions. I am also very pleased with my dealer, South Austin Marine.

moombamania
04-28-2003, 05:00 PM
Rowe99,

I think you will be very pleased. We have a 2000 Outback/LS with ballast and cage. The ski wake 30 & above is great. Throw in some weight and Tantrum away. We have always had great service from our dealery and Skiers Choice. The only neg to our 2.5 years is a long go around with Indmar when we had an emergency water pump repair made while at Dale Hollow.

All in all, Fantastic People, Fantastic Boat, Fantastic price.

rowe99
04-28-2003, 06:38 PM
Well folks
You talked me into it. Thanks

moombamania
04-30-2003, 11:57 AM
Hey Brian,

I think Jon, Bobby and I need to start working for commissio...lol :)

Enjoy rowe99, if you are ever on Dale Hollow around Ashburn Creek, keep your eyes peeled for a green outback/ls with cage and pull us over for a cold drink.

Jon
04-30-2003, 05:03 PM
I second that Moombamania!!! This college kid is needing some money. Enjoy your boat rowe99.