PDA

View Full Version : Salt stick in the bottom of the engine

marchina
10-23-2005, 12:43 AM
Hello,

does anybody know how to wash the engine after each use? i found salt on the bottom of the engine and i have no idea how to remove it, i have a mobius 05 lsv, iuse remove salt for the engine water intake and some in the bilge to clean the pump.

Thanks

still summer around here

Simon

smokedog2
10-23-2005, 11:04 AM
I had the engine flush kit put on my boat. I have not used it yet. If the salt is from water coming into the boat and settling on the bottom I would use lots & lots of freshwater to flush the interior.

SD2

Buttafewcoe
10-23-2005, 06:37 PM
Agreed........if the salt is accumulating on the outside of the engine block, you are tracking water in as you climb in and out of the boat, perhaps during boarding sessions. A thorough fresh water flush inside, outside, and the trailer may be all you need to do.
Hope this helps
Butta

smokedog2
10-23-2005, 08:53 PM
trailer is very important. I missed that once with my Lund, with salt & snow on the road and you can tell.

SD2

marchina
10-24-2005, 09:21 AM
Hi!

The salt is from the water at the bilge, i was thinking, what if i fill the bilge with salt-way and then remove it with the bilge pump? is it ok taht water reach the engine? or what if i spray salt away directly to the engine?.

I flush the heat exchanger with a fake a lake and salt-away, works fine, what keep me awake at nights is the salt stick in the engine.

Thanks

Simon