PDA

View Full Version : Towing with a Titan

Heem
10-22-2005, 01:06 PM
Just curious if anybody has towed with the Nissan Titan, how much you are towing and any concerns or praises you might have.

05mobiusxlv
10-22-2005, 03:42 PM
I use a 2005 Nissan Titan 4 wheel drive to pull my 2005 XLV. If you are looking for a 1/2 ton truck to pull, it's the only choice. I have used my dads F-150 super crew, and my friends 2005 chevy 1500 HD. And the Titan is far superior. You can't even tell its back there. It down shifts less, its quieter, and the ride is still smooth.

Yellowmobius
10-22-2005, 05:07 PM
Don't be dissen teh Chevy Jay, I will leave you at the dock next time!

05mobiusxlv
10-22-2005, 06:44 PM
Don't take it the wrong way, the chevy will pull it to the river just fine. The Titan just makes that drive a little better :p And the ladies only seem to want to come with on the Mobius when the Titan is pulling it. (Enzo made me throw that line in)

Tiltboy
10-23-2005, 01:24 AM
I have been towing 80 miles one way with my Titan all summer, and I have to agree it's the best 1/2 ton towing truck out there. I also have a 4x4 and even get 12 mpg towing a loaded truck and boat up and down moderate hills. You almost forget the boats back there. ;)

Buttafewcoe
10-23-2005, 08:20 AM
On the Trailer Boats Magazine website, the Titan got pretty good marks for use as a tow vehicle. For other vehicles, you can check out their database of tests done to see how your vehicle rated......http://www.trailerboats.com/towrating/.........if you're interested.
Hope this helps
Butta

Heem
10-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the input. I already have the Titan but I have not towed with it yet. I bought the truck this summer in prep for the boat next summer. I have read the test reviews but real world experience with real boats is what I'm looking for. Like everyone else I'm anxioulsy awaiting the chance to order our boat and look forward to next summer.

Buttafewcoe
10-23-2005, 07:01 PM
It may still be worth checking out the website. I find a lot of useful info in Trailer Boats Magazine, Boating World Magazine, and Wakeboarding Magazine. All of which I subscribe to..
The sum of one's experience should not be from one experience, but from many experiences, nor the sum of one's knowledge from one source, but many sources.
Hope this helps
Butta