PDA

View Full Version : Ground wire location

Jon
04-23-2003, 09:30 PM
Where exactly is the ground wire for the gas and oil gauge located on my 2001 Mobius? How do I make sure that they are secure. I'm having some problems with them and think the ground wires might have came loose.

Brian Raymond
04-23-2003, 11:48 PM
What, exactly are the issues at hand? These gauges share the same ground. When lying under the dash (on your back), verify that the (blk) ground wire is secured to the left mounting post of the gauges, if not transfer those affected or all to the proper post. If you feel this is not an issue w/your boat, please set an appt. w/your dealer. Brian Raymond

Jon
04-25-2003, 11:26 AM
The gas gauge reads 3/4 tank all the time, when i fill up and when there is less than half a tank. The oil gauge sits below zero and flickers back and forth. I checked the back of the gauges. None of the wires are mounted to the mounting posts of the gauges. The nearest dealer is 5 hours away so thats not an option.

Brian Raymond
04-25-2003, 10:48 PM
Jon, when laying on your back looking up under the dash, verify the ground wires are all on the gauge gnd. post just above the left mounting brkt. stud(it will be connected to the gauge lite). These grounds run in series, and should be in the same pos. on oil, temp, fuel gauges, the volt gauge will be at 5 o'clock. keep me posted. Brian Raymond

Jon
04-26-2003, 06:09 PM
both the fuel and oil gauge decided to work today. thanks.