PDA

View Full Version : Speedometers/Gauges

mikeoc
06-01-2002, 10:47 AM
Does anyone have an electrical schematic for a 99 Outback LS The boat was bought in 2000 All of my gauges have no power. All of the other electrical is working.

Also, The Speedometer Hoses are connected to a module under the dash. The plastic where it is "glued" to the spedometer module came off. What should I use to re glue that plastic to the module???????

ANY HELP IS Greatly appreciated! LOVE THE BOAT, JUST DIEING To get the speed so we can go footing!!!!!

moombamania
06-03-2002, 09:34 AM
I to have had that problem with our 2000 Outback/LS. I have had no instruments and at times partial (tach no speedo). We have tried a few different things, swap connections, replace gauges & clean pickups with no permanent luck.

I called just this past Friday and spoke with Rob & Skiers Choice and he was Extremely helpful in diagnosing the problem and proposing a fix. For me, that meant having my dealer order a new blackbox that decodes all of the information being sent for instrument readouts. They have seen this before and feel it will be the right fix for me. Give them a shout or ask your dealer, this could be your fix to.

Good luck with the footen

JKK
06-23-2002, 08:00 PM
MY SPEEDOS NEVER WORK RIGHT IM SAVING MY $$ FOR A PERFECT PASS

JKK
06-23-2002, 08:01 PM
MY SPEEDOS NEVER WORK RIGHT IM SAVING MY $$ FOR A PERFECT PASS

Darrell Land
07-09-2002, 10:06 AM
We have had trouble in the past. The Kaiser Medalion gauges were a poor choice by Skiers Choice. They have now changed brands. Try turning your key to the on position and letting all the gauges reset and power up before you start the engine. This will help, but you will always have trouble as we have.

queenmoomba
07-18-2002, 06:15 PM
Yup! Had that problem from day one. It now has subsided but came back with 2500 extra hours on it!! Just a little surprise for us!! We are hoping that they will actually believe us when we take it in ;)

Still love our Moomba Baby though!

Gaugeman
06-25-2003, 11:51 AM
Most of the Black box (MDC) issues can be cleared up by running a dedicated ground and battery to it. The factory installed ground is not good enough for a computer system to run correctly. Just doing the ground and power will clear up most of the problems. You will not find a more accurate speedo than this system.

If the speedo inputs have broken or leak it is caused most of the times by the installation not letting the water drain out of the tubes. This will let the water freeze during the winter braking the seal. Make sure the tube has a place to drain before storing for the winter. Just make sure the computer is higher than the tube.

Mainemoomba
06-26-2003, 09:06 PM
gaugeman,
Canyou elaborate a little on your fix? Are you talking about starting at the battery posts and running directly to a connector at the module? What method is used to connect to the module? Recommended wire gauge? Anything else?
Thanks!