PDA

View Full Version : Strange Email

qb12
10-14-2005, 08:57 AM
Hey everyone, I am trying to sell my boat and I received a very strange email in regards to it. It came from a person named and yes I am spelling it correct, Mr. Williams McDaniel. He states that he is in the auto shipping business and he has a client who is a "Diplomat" that is interested in the boat. He is requesting photos, hrs, bottom price and why I am selling.

Does this sound a little strange to anyone else. Like a scam of some sort or what.

Like you input.

Doug

jburnside
10-14-2005, 11:21 AM
For sure this is a scam, I have seen several similar stories over on wakeboarder.com and wakeworld.com, don't send them anything. If it was generated through e-bay send them a copy of the e-mail you received so they can investigate it. Something similar happend with a dirt bike we sold on e-bay.

qb12
10-14-2005, 11:41 AM
Ed, I knew you would respond.

Here it is...

Subject 2002 Moomba Outback

Good day,

I am Mr Dan, Representative our our company we purchase, Pick-up and Deliver Automobiles for our clients. One of our client who is a diplomat has indicated interest in your boat. Please we would want to know it it's still availiable? And if it's still, Send Me:

(i) The final/bottom price of the boat.
(ii) The hours on the scale.
(iii) Some photos of the boat for my client value viewing.
(iv) Why are you selling the boat?
The above questions are part of our company policy when purchasing automobile and boat, So don't find it embarrasing to answer them. Hope to read from you soon. Have a splendid day!
Thanks,
MGT
Web:http://globalautomachine.s5.com

I have tried to open this address and nothing is there.

What do you think....

qb12
10-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Ed, great job.

Oh and he is not my friend.....

Have a good weekend.

marchina
10-16-2005, 06:21 PM
what is a scam? i´ve recibe the same email 2 months ago when i was selling my mobius lsv 05.

Thanks

Simon