PDA

View Full Version : New - Vintage Hook

BensonWdby
12-26-2012, 12:17 AM
Just had to Share - got a Vintage Connelly Hook - solid wood - for xmas. Bindings must not be original becaseu they look very skiable. Its a 67 - I just might try this out this coming season - before I mount it on the wall...

wolfeman131
12-26-2012, 09:52 AM
Let's see a pic! Nice present.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mikey
12-26-2012, 10:51 PM
Nice present. I got a new rope and handle,but more importantly got to meet our neighbors ,daughters new husband. Jason Mc Clintock. They met at the Proshootout this summer in Calgary this summer and got married in Oct31. Hes staying with them for a month,checking out local ski hills etc and resting. Off season just started,but i now have an open invite to come ski in Florida...Woohoo. Nice ,guy ,actually nice couple ... Everyone is a little sceptical but who knows?????

Just wanna throw a little shout out to a Canadain Waterskier,living and training in Florida. Definetety a contender yet a down to earth Guy...

iwaterskihard
01-01-2013, 05:36 AM
Mikey,

Have to say the same about Trent Fidlayson. Only I can vouche for what kind of guy he is...............AMAZING DUDE!

I ski'd with him first week of Dec. Canadian Pro waterskiers ROCK!!!!!!

tarheelskier
01-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Still waiting on a pic of the vintage hook! Love to see that beauty.

iwaterskihard
01-15-2013, 05:55 PM
My daughter ski's on a Connelly Hook that my brother used growing up. Few scratches on teh bottom but bindings are original and ski is still in great shape.

Amazing though as I believe it's 62" just an adjustable binding and rear toe piece and it far outweighs my 66" A2 with double bindings.

Ski technology has come so far over the years. Amazing to think what some of these people have brought to the table and how much they have changed and shaped the sport! Keep up the good work all you developers and manufacturers!!!!

Mikey
01-15-2013, 09:52 PM
The bindings alone likely weigh nearly as much as your whole NEW ski,from that Vintage Hook . haha

BensonWdby
01-16-2013, 01:35 AM
Still waiting on a pic of the vintage hook! Love to see that beauty.

In the better-late-than-never category:

http://bensonwdby.home.comcast.net/~bensonwdby/Vintage_Hook.jpg

wolfeman131
01-16-2013, 07:36 AM
Way cool!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kaneboats
01-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Need to take that baby for a sunset cruise when the water's just a reflective pool and then post pics for us.

iwaterskihard
01-16-2013, 01:27 PM
This has teh original bindings on it Dave. The ski my daughter is using currently is exactly the same. I know they are original because I remember when my younger brother got the ski new. Heavy beasts but sure are pretty to look at! :)

In the better-late-than-never category:

http://bensonwdby.home.comcast.net/~bensonwdby/Vintage_Hook.jpg

BensonWdby
01-17-2013, 01:19 AM
Yeah I think I have a couple interested parties in taking her out before she goes up on the wal.

Wish I knew what to expect from it. How hard to push it - or not.

Need to take that baby for a sunset cruise when the water's just a reflective pool and then post pics for us.

BensonWdby
01-17-2013, 01:22 AM
The bindings are in phenominal condition. Except the wingnuts are missing - they have been replaced with an oversized nut with a conventional metal wingnut.

This has teh original bindings on it Dave. The ski my daughter is using currently is exactly the same. I know they are original because I remember when my younger brother got the ski new. Heavy beasts but sure are pretty to look at! :)

tarheelskier
01-17-2013, 03:04 PM
Great looking ride!

travnews
01-19-2013, 02:02 AM
I bought that same ski off ebay last year and made a towel rack out of it for my hot tub. It came with the same bindings as the ones on yours.

BensonWdby
01-21-2013, 01:05 AM
I am assuming you removed the bindings? Any trouble getting the posts for the heel out?

travnews
01-21-2013, 01:30 PM
I lightly tapped them out with a hammer. They came out really easy.

moombadaze
01-22-2013, 10:50 AM
think that was the 1st ski I slolomed on

c.rix
01-30-2013, 12:04 AM
my dad has that same ski in a 65 i think it is in mint condition except the boot pulls ripped i think hasn't been rode in 20 years i bet just hangs out in its padded bag