PDA

View Full Version : Top end speed

bbow270
10-05-2005, 10:47 PM
I recently purchased an 2005 XLV an love it. However, I am concerned about top end speed I know these boats are not very fast but 32mph seems slow does any one have any suggestions?

pjtatro
10-21-2005, 03:08 PM
Is your speedo calibrated? Who many RPMs are you turning at that speed?

smokedog2
10-21-2005, 11:34 PM
My LSV was slow early on. I still think it could go faster but over the summer a 36 MPH top end went to sbout 44 after 90 hours. I cannot explain why. Confirmed with GPS.

SD2

Outback
11-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Question? Does your boat put out rich exhuast? Does your oil have a heavy gas Smell? more oil than what you put in the engine? We had this problem and with the loss of speed and horse power. turns out to be bad fuel regulator. beware if you have had too much fuel in the oil, gasoline does not lubricate well.

thcous
11-23-2005, 09:31 PM
I would be very concerned. I have a 2005 Mobius XLV and my top end is about 53 mph by myself, about 48mph with my two sons with me. I do have the 340HP engine.

smokedog2
11-24-2005, 11:15 AM
You guys sound like my wife, every headache is a brain tumor.

I have heard that the installation of Perfectpass, if not done and adjusted just right can limit the top end. Something about cable travel but I am not an expert.

I should add that I asked about this when I went in for my 20 hour and the dealer may have adjusted something; I never followed up to hear if they did anything.

I have noted that Indmar has a higher RPM rating than SC for the motors. I’m not sure why. Check your top RPM as well. If the top end RPM is near the top rated RPM your speedometer is likely off. If they are both low you have a few things to checkout but my first guess would be cable travel.

Have you pushed the throttle forward until it disengages and crashes to the floor?

That is a heart stopping boat owner moment the first time you do that!

Outback, was that fault obvious or just slow at the top end?

Happy T day,

SD2