PDA

View Full Version : Outback owners what do u do?

e420x
10-04-2005, 12:33 PM
I just bought a 2002 Outback and am not thrilled abotu how low the bow is ? My driving has gotten betetr to keep the water out but still sometimes that unexpected wake hits and soaks the bow and all the compartments. Any one have any ideas on how to keep things dry? Did yu do anythign to any of your compartments to keep water out?

Buttafewcoe
10-04-2005, 01:20 PM
I love the low-slung, sporty look of the Outback. It took a few waves over the bow b4 I figured out how to avoid doing it by accident. Now when the girls are riding up front, I'll do it to get them wet (thanks for that one sd2). I think you just have to notice the conditions when it happens, then do your best not to get in that position.
Hope this helps
Butta

Father of 5
10-13-2005, 08:19 PM
I bought an Outback this year. I grew up around boats but had not driven a boat that sat so low in the water or a direct drive (some things are different). I find the swamping is the worst when I spin around to pick up skiers. My wake is fairly small up on plane but down in the water it throws a pretty good wake. Whe I come around to get a skier. I run close to idle and line up straight at my oncoming wake BUT NOT AT THE SKIER. When I get to my wake there are usually two or three tall waves I just goose the throttle a little, it lifts the nose up enough to clear the couple of waves but I never really gain any speed. Pull the throttle back and go around my skier. Let's go again...;)

stang67
10-13-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of the low slung nose, but turning around to get a fallen boarder, i come down to an idle speed then make my turn. Therefor i just have small waves to pass. It takes more time to turn around, but keeps rollers from going all the way down the river. This is the way most boaders do it around here, im pretty sure in other places as well. Keeps rollers going to the shore, not to other riders or yourself.

BensonWdby
10-14-2005, 05:53 PM
My 99 Mobius does the same thing. All it takes is avoiding a 90 degree entry into your wake at slow speed. I normlly just give the throttla a boost as I hit the wake to pop the nose up a bit, but it is safer to just turn the steering wheel away from the incoming wake and you roll right over it.